Dem Shelia Jackson Lee wants to rename welfare "transitional living fund".

Funny how we think renaming something will change its connotation. "Welfare" was a replacement word for "relief".

All kinds of diseases have been renamed over the centuries, to de-emphasize their negative or hopeless ambience. Such as how "consumption" became "tuberculosis".

Call it what you you will, sh*t still stinks.

Funny how we think renaming something will change its connotation. "Welfare" was a replacement word for "relief".

All kinds of diseases have been renamed over the centuries, to de-emphasize their negative or hopeless ambience. Such as how "consumption" became "tuberculosis".

Call it what you you will, sh*t still stinks.

Manipulating the language has allowed them to control the conversation and keep us divided.

Illustration: Let' say that they actually pushed this silly term through (don't hold your breath) and it ultimately became the politically correct way to refer to, uh, welfare. Just as they've done with SO many other words and phrases. We'd inevitably see the following standard PC Police technique of controlling the conversation:

You: "I think welfare is dangerous because it makes people more dependent on the government, dis-incentivizes them to pick themselves up and takes away their very dignity. Worse, we have now seen this damage transferred inter-family from generation to generation."

PC Police: "You called it welfare. You hate poor people, and you're racist (ignoring the fact that people of all colors are on welfare)."

You: "No, I just gave you specific reasons why I'm concerned about welfare."

PC Police: "There you go again! You're not supposed to call it welfare! You're a racist and you hate poor people! AAUUUGHHH!"

You: "Holy crap, fuck it, never mind."

PC Police: "See I TOLD you you're a racist! AAAAUUUUGHHHHH!"

They've succeeded in deflecting your reasonable points and putting you on the defensive. It's worked so well for so long that it's part of their DNA.

But the pushback has begun!

:rock:

Democrat party...
We will leave no stone unturned,no wall knocked down,no obstruction removed,no language in place
that will impede our effort to get you stuff.....

Oh and just remember us come election day..
That's all we ask...

How about "the new plantation subsidy" or "think of Barry when you cash your food stamps" or "Hussein could be your middle name too".

Democrat party....

Instead of trying to get people off government assistance
they work on changing the name of it.

Democrat party....

Instead of trying to get people off government assistance
they work on changing the name of it.

They don't want to get people off welfare. Welfare bums always vote democrat.

Forum List

Back