Demcrat's stiffer Gun Control Law will defacto ban assault weapons

drivebymedia

Mar 4, 2013
The Senate Judiciary Committee passed three other measures, in addition to the assault weapons ban, over the past two weeks that are expected to be considered in some form on the Senate floor.

These measures include bills to strengthen federal penalties for trafficking and straw purchases, improve school safety and require background checks for nearly every firearm purchase.

Feinstein's ban will be voted on as an amendment to the larger package.

Senate gun bill won't include assault weapons ban

A stiffer background check will pretty much eliminate that class of gun lovers who fawn over the 100 bullet clip and assault weapon

Background check. Ok
Gun bans. No
Why do you support gun bans?
Would you be happy if all guns were banned?

Wait... what the hell do I care?
You think the framers made the second ammendment for the Confederate Army LOL

No it won't. Once again, there aren't enough senators to even reach 51. There are many dem senators in red states that wouldn't even sniff this within a 100 miles. I know this is a wet dream fantasy for you though.

No it won't. Once again, there aren't enough senators to even reach 51. There are many dem senators in red states that wouldn't even sniff this within a 100 miles. I know this is a wet dream fantasy for you though.

The Senate will pass stiffer background check laws, magazine limits, and the 'straw' transfer of weapons.

This will be a defacto reduction or elimination of assault weapons

:)

One, the bill won't pass the Senate.

Two, yes, Congress can ban certain types of weapons.

Three, SCOTUS has already opined that future courts can regulate ownership and ban certain unusual and dangerous weapons.

The Senate will pass stiffer background check laws, magazine limits, and the 'straw' transfer of weapons.

Not with Feinstein's amendment attached...

One, the bill won't pass the Senate.

Two, yes, Congress can ban certain types of weapons.

Three, SCOTUS has already opined that future courts can regulate ownership and ban certain unusual and dangerous weapons.

And there is nothing unusual about the "assault weapons" everyone is talking about banning...

Limits on magazine size is DOA. Background checks might pass, that's about it.

The OP is also forgetting the House would have to concur, which is incredibly unlikely.

These measures include bills to strengthen federal penalties for trafficking and straw purchases, improve school safety and require background checks for nearly every firearm purchase.
The statement that this will create a "defacto ban [on] assault weapons" is a lie.

Last edited:

Not with Feinstein's amendment attached...

The assault weapon ban amendment will NOT be attached to the main gun control bill.

Reid has pulled out the provision, and will call a special vote on the amendment, which wll fail, while the new gun law will be passed.

Reduction, or elimination? How will future background checks reduce the number of assault weapons already out there? The Confederate Militia -which you say was created by the Founders :lol: will still have those scary black guns that frighten you.

The Senate Judiciary Committee passed three other measures, in addition to the assault weapons ban, over the past two weeks that are expected to be considered in some form on the Senate floor.

The British are coming !!! The British are com........Oh wait.

The British are coming !!! The British are com........Oh wait.

Whoa... I thought we were on the verge of calling up the Confederate Militia....

First, it would have to make it past Senate filibusters. Then it would have to make it through the Republican controlled House. Even if it bacame law, which seems unlikely to me, These weapons will still be available with smaller magazines. There are tons of larger magazines that people would be able to buy privately. The background checks should help though. All in all, it won't make much of any difference.

The statement that this will create a "defacto ban [on] assault weapons" is a lie.

The OP is a troll.

It would be interesting to see the mechanics of that, given the fact the Federal government can't compel state and local jurisdictions to directly enforce Federal laws.

Forum List

Back