Democrat Congressman Goes Nuts When Asked if He Supports the “Obama Agenda”; Attacks

YouTube - Congressman Assaults Student on Washington Sidewalk

Here is shocking video of North Carolina Democrat Rep. Bob Etheridge being asked by some students on a public sidewalk in Washington, D.C. if he supports the “Obama Agenda.” Once he realized the students were asking him that question, he went bonkers. Etheridge hit their camera and then grabbed one of the students by the arm as he repeated over and over “Who are you, Who are you? Tell me who you are?” The students identified themselves as such, but Etheridge persisted. At one point he then grabbed the student whose arm he had been holding onto and pulled himself up beside himself with his arm wrapped around the student. The student repeatedly asked the Congressman to “let go of my arm.”

There is no scenario under which this kind of behavior is acceptable. Etheridge represents the 2nd District in North Carolina, and faces a tough re-election battle. This video ought to seal his defeat. It’s time for voters to say to Etheridge, “Who are you” to treat people like this?

Mike Flynn at Big Government has more.

from.
Freedom's Lighthouse » Democrat Congressman Goes Nuts When Asked if He Supports the “Obama Agenda”; Attacks Students – Video

I saw his apology and he WAS sincere. I am cutting him some slack. I have not walked in his shoes....

Here is shocking video of North Carolina Democrat Rep. Bob Etheridge being asked by some students on a public sidewalk in Washington, D.C. if he supports the “Obama Agenda.” Once he realized the students were asking him that question, he went bonkers. Etheridge hit their camera and then grabbed one of the students by the arm as he repeated over and over “Who are you, Who are you? Tell me who you are?” The students identified themselves as such, but Etheridge persisted. At one point he then grabbed the student whose arm he had been holding onto and pulled himself up beside himself with his arm wrapped around the student. The student repeatedly asked the Congressman to “let go of my arm.”

There is no scenario under which this kind of behavior is acceptable. Etheridge represents the 2nd District in North Carolina, and faces a tough re-election battle. This video ought to seal his defeat. It’s time for voters to say to Etheridge, “Who are you” to treat people like this?

from.
Freedom's Lighthouse » Democrat Congressman Goes Nuts When Asked if He Supports the “Obama Agenda”; Attacks Students – Video

I saw his apology and he WAS sincere. I am cutting him some slack. I have not walked in his shoes....

I don't. Looking at the video, it's pretty clear the Congressman is drunk. He's red faced, and had obviously been drinking. Like Ted Kennedy throwing waitresses onto Chris Dodd to make a Waitress sandwich, I doubt very seriously, if this Congressman would have apologized, if he had not been foolish enough to behave like this on video.

The Ted Kennedy day of getting away with this crap is over. The Day of the Citizen Journalist, who films this behavior has begun.

;)

from.

I don't. Looking at the video, it's pretty clear the Congressman is drunk. He's red faced, and had obviously been drinking. Like Ted Kennedy throwing waitresses onto Chris Dodd to make a Waitress sandwich, I doubt very seriously, if this Congressman would have apologized, if he had not been foolish enough to behave like this on video.

The Ted Kennedy day of getting away with this crap is over. The Day of the Citizen Journalist, who films this behavior has begun.

;)

I won't assume he was drunk because his face was red. It could have been the heat and or the stress he was under or ready to face. Now however, his face must be really red.lol He flipped! He's human. And he is sorry and it isn't just PC. ( partially )

What happens when a US Representative meets a college kid on the streets of Washington D.C.?
This is what happens...watch.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v60oNUoHBYM]YouTube - Congressman Assaults Student on Washington Sidewalk[/ame]

Now how will the Democrats spin this?

:lol::lol: He must have assumed that this "kid" was in disguise and was really one of those older--white--racist--extremists---aka--to democrats as the "tea party"--:lol::lol:

LOOK even democrat politicians going BONKERS over the mention of Obama's name---:lol::lol:

He had the repetitive problem I've seen in a number of alcoholics, he looks like a guy that isn't a fun drunk.
I think you're right. That congressman's behavior is typical of pugnacious alcoholics. If he's married I'll bet his wife has stories to tell.

He should be tried for assault. Based on the video evidence of the unedited footage, I see no reason he wouldn't and shouldn't be convicted.

The kids were likely Breitbart-baiting punks looking to stir up trouble, but so what? The Congressman has zero right to assault them. Charge his ass.

He had the repetitive problem I've seen in a number of alcoholics, he looks like a guy that isn't a fun drunk.
I think you're right. That congressman's behavior is typical of pugnacious alcoholics. If he's married I'll bet his wife has stories to tell.

I re-watched it taking into account that aspect you both bring up and can see it as being likely. He sounds as if he's addressing a little green guy from Roswell, "Who are you? Where are you from?"

I'll have to agree that this guy is nuts.

NO excuse there. This is a definite "Macaca" moment.

Hey - the student was in a jacket and tie. He had to be a Republican. Totally justified in the mind of an Obamazoid. :lol:

Stupid kid should wear a wife beater and pants around his knees next time while smoking a doobie. He'll get more respect. :eusa_whistle:

That grabby hug thang at the end almost looks like the congressman was trying to pose for a Photo Op...

wtf???

Has this been featured in the MSM or just on Hannity?

If someone from the tea party makes a rude or racist comment it's front page news. Remember the saliva spray "assault"?

Chris Matthews take on this was the Congressman apologized....but Matthews focus was more on the students who ambushed the Congressman and who put them up to this and who did they work for....
Not one mention that the Congressman should NOT have laid one F_ _ k ing finger on the guy.Amazing.

Coverage is amazing, the spin is absolutely incredible.

We have a public official who ran for an office being asked questions and he finds it appropriate to grab the reporters camera and assualt him. Then you have liberal journalists excusr what most people would call poor behavior. What a wonderful biased country we live in.

Why no legal action? If the student had done that to him he would have had him charged immediately.

The student should have laid him out.

That grabby hug thang at the end almost looks like the congressman was trying to pose for a Photo Op...

wtf???
I believe that is exactly what he was doing -- having snapped out of his booze-prompted aggression and realizing he had in fact committed third degree assault. The hug was going to be his story if charged: Just trying to be friendly.

Hopefully the video will get him voted out of the Congress.

Forum List

Back