Democrat Sen. Kyrsten Sinema Refuses to Take Oath of Office on Bible

I guess this is what Democrats would call "progress", electing a bisexual who refused to take the oath of office on a Bible.

As a matter of fact, this IS progress. This country is governed by the Constitution, not the Bible, and who she sleeps with has absolutely nothing to do with her job.
But it's a big step in the wrong direction if you think bisexuality is a sexual perversion, which it is.
Then stop doing it. Problem solved, you're welcome.

I guess this is what Democrats would call "progress", electing a bisexual who refused to take the oath of office on a Bible.
There is no religious test for federal office.

It would make some sense if she had some morals of some kind upon which to fall back. Unfortunately she doesn't. So her pseudo self-righteous stand on the matter just looks like grandstanding.

Jo

As a matter of fact, this IS progress. This country is governed by the Constitution, not the Bible, and who she sleeps with has absolutely nothing to do with her job.
But it's a big step in the wrong direction if you think bisexuality is a sexual perversion, which it is.

Actually, it isn't, but I do consider many Christian churches to be an abomination, especially the Catholics and LDS.

It would make some sense if she had some morals of some kind upon which to fall back. Unfortunately she doesn't. So her pseudo self-righteous stand on the matter just looks like grandstanding.

Jo
You just hate civil rights because you're under the spell of your gods..

Jo

God told me that he doesn't care who I sleep with. He and I are pals, and we talk about everything.

I never understood why swearing on the bible was significant.

Wouldn't it be acceptable to still lie, and then just go to confession afterwards?

It's not the book that's significant is the act of taking an oath.... It comes with inferred obligations and liabilities.

Jo

Jo

God told me that he doesn't care who I sleep with. He and I are pals, and we talk about everything.
My guess is, you haven't really talked to God for a long time. But that's just a guess.

Jo

Non sequitur....
That answer is like asking someone
What their favorite color is and
Being told it's cold outside in response.

Jo

Jo

Non sequitur....
That answer is like asking someone
What their favorite color is and
Being told it's cold outside in response.

Jo
Since there is no test you have no case.

It's not the book that's significant is the act of taking an oath...
Right. Duh. Exactly why it doesn't matter if it's a Bible or a Hustler magazine.

The Bible mentions and condemns lying specifically....putting a hand on it indicates that you are telling the truth when you swear to Defend the Constitution. It's a bit ritualistic call it a signature in gesticulation I guess

Hustler Magazine encourages untruthful
Behavior rather specifically when it urges
Marriage mates not to disclose infidelty
For instance....

Jo

Yes.... It condemns them.
Not always. Sometimes it glorifies them. Sometimes it encourages them and sets guidelines for them. But you ignore those parts. Which is good. I am glad you do. That is because you have the benefit of centuries of secular enlightenment.

Not always. Sometimes it glorifies them. Sometimes it encourages them and sets guidelines for them. But you ignore those parts. Which is good. I am glad you do. That is because you have the benefit of centuries of secular enlightenment.

There's a reason why the Greek scriptures
Replace the Hebrew scriptures in the first century. Paul refers to the former as beggarly and elementary....depends on your point of view I suppose. Some take the book as a whole.... Some separate. It's an empty Ritual but then again if it's not performed there is no legal contract to refer back to, no inferred promise, no liabilities.

Jo

There's a reason why the Greek scriptures
Replace the Hebrew scriptures in the first century. Paul refers to the former as beggarly and elementary....depends on your point of view I suppose. Some take the book as a whole.... Some separate. It's an empty Ritual but then again if it's not performed there is no legal contract to refer back to, no inferred promise, no liabilities.

Jo
Well, that's a good thing. I'm glad you try to take the good parts.

Jo

My guess is, you haven't really talked to God for a long time. But that's just a guess.

That is unimportant. God talks to ME! I am right up there on his BFF list, with televangelists!

The Bible mentions lying specifically....
It also mentions slavery specifically. And infanticide. So your point is on shaky ground.

So well there are commandments saying you shall not bear false witness, YOUR also saying there are commandments that read you shall commit Infanticide? and you shall take slaves?
Is this your comparison? because the bible mentions lots of things. The context is whats important.

Why does that matter?

Want to know what's funny? God supposedly divinely intervened in the creation and protection of the bible through the hundreds of years to make sure all the corruption and nastiness that we see clearly now did not taint it. YET...he wont divinely intervene to protect the most innocent little children from his own predatory modern day apostles. And he wont even allow justice as the overseeing organization covered it up to protect them. Hmm. These realities are mutually exclusive. Either the bible is tainted garbage or god is not what we are told he is. I would be hesitant to be sworn in on it too. Worse, I bet there are a number of Christian's that would place the bible and their religion at a higher importance over the constitution and natural rights and well being of people.

Thank god our constitution protects us from these religious fanatics insisting on their book and religion.

Forum List

Back