Democratic Plan to End Shutdown Without Wall Fails in Senate

Both sides are willing to put up the $5.7 billion for border security, but can't agree on the specifics. They're all acting like children.

Both sides are willing to put up the $5.7 billion for border security, but can't agree on the specifics. They're all acting like children.
And they're all rich, the ones there longest are multi-millionaires. They're not worried about defaulting on their mortgage or having to file bankruptcy. Not everyone can afford to act like children.

The good news is that they are actually negotiating. Looks like a 3-week short term deal can be made to open the government, and Trump gets a down-payment for his wall. If Nancy doesn't go for it the shutdown is on her and her dem followers.

smart wall sounds better that just 'wall' , and the whole daca thing is just a mess.

so let me ask this, if the IRS stays shut down past the 31st, do we get extentions on some processing????

~S~

And they're all rich, the ones there longest are multi-millionaires. They're not worried about defaulting on their mortgage or having to file bankruptcy. Not everyone can afford to act like children.
and go w/out a paycheck for a month

dibs most fed employees vote against Trump in '20.....~S~

I hear that Trump has decided that because Nancy Pelosi doesn't want a SOTU address, and she doesn't want to do her fucking job.....he's going to wait until those bills fail in Congress and declare a National Emergency:21:.....and take the money without Congressional approval:321:....and he has every right to do so according to the constitution.

He wanted to give the worthless commie bastards in the Democrat Party a chance to do the right thing and they fucked it up. So get ready for Trump to unleash Hell. :5_1_12024:

This is not how you make laws . Under the gun of a shutdown . It’s basically extortion by Trump.

This is not how you make laws . Under the gun of a shutdown . It’s basically extortion by Trump.
Pelosi and her adherents eventually means the death of my people and beliefs. And I am of at least part of the same ethnic background as her. Why should I back her up? For suicidal genocide!

I hear that Trump has decided that because Nancy Pelosi doesn't want a SOTU address, and she doesn't want to do her fucking job.....he's going to wait until those bills fail in Congress and declare a National Emergency:21:.....and take the money without Congressional approval:321:....and he has every right to do so according to the constitution.

He wanted to give the worthless commie bastards in the Democrat Party a chance to do the right thing and they fucked it up. So get ready for Trump to unleash Hell. :5_1_12024:

He's not going to declare a national emergency, and even if he did it's not clear whether he can actually appropriate funds for the wall without congressional approval.

He's not going to declare a national emergency, and even if he did it's not clear whether he can actually appropriate funds for the wall without congressional approval.
They really do take us for idiots.
Last year a report comes out that the Pentagon and some other agencies can't account for $21 Trillion,
which the MSM never mentions, but they expect us to act like $5 billion is a big deal ?

They could pull $50 billion out of the dollar-printing machine if they wanted to.
And they have no problem signing this;
Senate reaches budget deal with huge defense boost
Senate leaders have reached a two-year deal that would set defense spending at $700 billion for 2018 and $716 billion for 2019.

Last edited:
Winning the game is all that matters to them. These corporate-owned Democrats and Republicans in Washington don't give a squat about us.
Democratic Plan to End Shutdown Without Wall Fails in Senate

George Carlin nailed it 15 years ago.
(rest in peace )

( published on Youtube in 2008 but if I recall this is from 2004)

Uncle Dirty said it in the 1970s, to "make it" in the American Dream: "you have to buy what you can't get, with money you haven't got, then turn around and sell, what you never had, for more than it was ever worth."

Well......I guess you're about to find out how wrong you are.

CNN: White House Drafting $7 Billion National Emergency Draft Wall Plan

Well......I guess you're about to find out how wrong you are.

CNN: White House Drafting $7 Billion National Emergency Draft Wall Plan

The draft has been around for weeks. CNN is even saying it was amended just last week. They're recycling old news for a slow news day.

smart wall sounds better that just 'wall' , and the whole daca thing is just a mess.

so let me ask this, if the IRS stays shut down past the 31st, do we get extentions on some processing????

~S~
The so-called "smart wall" is a scam. Just substitute "not a wall" whenever you see the term "smart wall."

Sorry, but I'm not buying that.
Pelosi and Schumer have not even made an effort to negotiate. They won't even listen to one word that experts try to tell them, and have walked out before being briefed.
So this is extortion by communist Democrats. Nothing else.

Forum List

Back