Democrats Change 181 Year-Old Rule To Allow Ilhan Omar To Wear Hijab In The House

This is an expression of religion! I guess it’s OK when it comes to iSLAM. We’re screwed as a nation. Fucking ABNORMALS and worthless, spineless Repukes are taking us down the path of destruction!....Wherr are the SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE scumbags when they should be up in arms....but dont let a 66 year old cross stand on public property to memorialize our fallen war heros!

For 181 years, the U.S. House of Representatives has imposed a ban on its members wearing head coverings. With Ilhan Omar, one of the first Muslim women to be elected to Congress, set to take her oath of office in January, that rule—which would have prohibited her wearing her customary headscarves or the hijab—is slated to change.

The change was proposed jointly by Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi, Incoming Rules Chairman Jim McGovern and member-elect Ilhan Omar as part of a larger overhaul package.

When Omar is sworn in next year, she will become the first federal legislator to wear a religious headscarf. Her arrival will mark a number of other “firsts” as well. The Minnesota Democrat will be the first Somali-American in Congress and the first woman of color to represent her state in Washington. She’ll be joined by fellow Midwestern Democrat, Michigan’s Rashida Tlaib, as the first two Muslim women in Congress.

Hats of any kind have been banned from the House floor since 1837.

Read more at citizenfreepress.com ...

omarilhan_111518gn2_lead.jpg
I think this is nonsense. If I were a congressperon, I would wear a huge sombrero on my head with lights and bells and, maybe, a dancing monkey on it. I would wear it every day and force the other Congresspeople to explain why I can't.

They did in Idaho and the left MSM told you to have a shit fit

Middleton teachers 1_1541176523530.JPG_102076713_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

Oh wait you already forgot about it clown

Fear...he's afraid of a young woman in a hijab.

There appears to some smoke-filled back room where a bunch of weirdos make up stuff to disseminate online to the foolish.

Not only is calling someone a "dothead" totally disgusting and repulsive, it also displays the ignorance of the people responsible for it. Wearing a dot on the forehead is a Hindu custom. This freshman rep is a Muslim.

I find it interesting that among several Ethiopians living in my neighborhood, some of the older women have the Ethiopian Cross tattooed on their foreheads.

I guess that I'm supposed to quake in fear as the woman in a hijab bags my groceries at the Giant.
Republicans are racist.

They don't know much about different religions because they simply don't know much about anything at all.

These are people who believe the earth is thousands of years old and we were shimmered into being from dirt. If you believe that, you can be brainwashed into believing anything.

Republicans prove that point.

What the fuck?

What they are doing is promoting one religion over another..

And your ok with it. Of course you are dot head .

Why do you keep using the term "dot head"? Are you so stupid you do not know that does not apply to Muslims?

Your a dot head also..

Dot head

Dot head

Dot head

:)

So what is a dot head? You don't know why you are using it, do you?

Come on Bear! Admit that you are stupid! We all know it!

The left is picking a religion..

End of story..

What do you have against freedom of religion?

What do you have against pointing out bullshit?

It is freedom of religion. That's not bullshit you fucking hypocrite!

Not in a Government institution, you dot head..

It violates the establishment clause..

Only if: 1) the government paid for members to wear hijabs and/or 2) the government required religious wear. Is that the case?

Uh, what? Spare me your irrelevant pap. I only chose "sombrero" because it is big. Feel free to substitute "stovepipe top hat", or "pope hat", if it triggers you less.

This is an expression of religion! I guess it’s OK when it comes to iSLAM. We’re screwed as a nation. Fucking ABNORMALS and worthless, spineless Repukes are taking us down the path of destruction!....Wherr are the SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE scumbags when they should be up in arms....but dont let a 66 year old cross stand on public property to memorialize our fallen war heros!

For 181 years, the U.S. House of Representatives has imposed a ban on its members wearing head coverings. With Ilhan Omar, one of the first Muslim women to be elected to Congress, set to take her oath of office in January, that rule—which would have prohibited her wearing her customary headscarves or the hijab—is slated to change.

The change was proposed jointly by Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi, Incoming Rules Chairman Jim McGovern and member-elect Ilhan Omar as part of a larger overhaul package.

When Omar is sworn in next year, she will become the first federal legislator to wear a religious headscarf. Her arrival will mark a number of other “firsts” as well. The Minnesota Democrat will be the first Somali-American in Congress and the first woman of color to represent her state in Washington. She’ll be joined by fellow Midwestern Democrat, Michigan’s Rashida Tlaib, as the first two Muslim women in Congress.

I think this is nonsense. If I were a congressperon, I would wear a huge sombrero on my head with lights and bells and, maybe, a dancing monkey on it. I would wear it every day and force the other Congresspeople to explain why I can't.

View attachment 232506
It's Idaho....no surprise.

The hijab is not religious headwear. It is a symbol of hatred against Western culture. It should not be allowed in Congress. Nor should Islam be allowed anywhere in the Western Hemisphere.
They stem from scripture in the Qur’an and is a symbol of modesty and faith.

And head coverings for religious belief has been allowed in the Senate. You rightards are only outraged now because your marionette strings are being tugged.

You're a fucking idiot. Koran is nothing but a filthy military recruiting tool designed to raise large armies of illiterate and obedient suicide killers. Islam is not a religion. It's a hostile and invasive medieval political structure akin to nazism which spreads by force.
Islam isn't a religion? :abgg2q.jpg:

Hell no. It's a hostile racist authoritarian ideology determined to spread itself by force. Much like a virus. It should be wiped out.
Well, you'd better get started then, eh?

Well, if you want to bow down and worship the evil ranting of some insane medieval warlord and child molester, that's your choice but not mine.

View attachment 232506
It's Idaho....no surprise.

And you forgot also..how convenient..

Because the rules were written for men wearing headgear at a time they never envisioned s Muslim woman being elected

Congress shall make no laws respecting the establishment of religion or prohibiting the free exercise thereof

What is not clear?
So they would have made special exclusions for Muslims had they known?
This rule change is not special just for Muslims.

Of course it is you dumbass. It was not proposed until some district was stupid enough to elect one.
And it covers anyone of any faith requiring a head covering. So no, not special for Muslims. I don’t care how bigoted you are.

Keeping religious headwear out of the Congress applied to everyone just fine for decades, no matter how stupid and bigoted you are.
WHAT religious headgear are you referring to? What other group insists on head gear in public except the Amish, who don't run for Congress?

Fear...he's afraid of a young woman in a hijab.

There appears to some smoke-filled back room where a bunch of weirdos make up stuff to disseminate online to the foolish.

Not only is calling someone a "dothead" totally disgusting and repulsive, it also displays the ignorance of the people responsible for it. Wearing a dot on the forehead is a Hindu custom. This freshman rep is a Muslim.

I find it interesting that among several Ethiopians living in my neighborhood, some of the older women have the Ethiopian Cross tattooed on their foreheads.

I guess that I'm supposed to quake in fear as the woman in a hijab bags my groceries at the Giant.
Republicans are racist.

They don't know much about different religions because they simply don't know much about anything at all.

These are people who believe the earth is thousands of years old and we were shimmered into being from dirt. If you believe that, you can be brainwashed into believing anything.

Republicans prove that point.

Damn your triggered..

Once again separation of church and state .

Yet you want some dot head promoting her religion in Congress.

Once again, where do you find this law?

What I have to educate a teacher now?

And to think I am just a dumbass ass half polack/ German born in Chicago

U.S. Supreme Court Decisions
(arranged by date)

Reynolds v. United States, 98 U.S. 145 (1879)

Court finds that the federal antibigamy statute does not violate the First Amendment's guarantee of the free exercise of religion.

Everson v. Board of Education, 330 U.S. 1 (1947)

Court finds that a New Jersey law which included students of Catholic schools in reimbursements to parents who sent their children to school on buses operated by the public transportation system does not violate the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment.

McCollum v. Board of Education Dist. 71, 333 U.S. 203 (1948)

Court finds religious instruction in public schools a violation of the establishment clause and therefore unconstitutional.

Burstyn v. Wilson, 72 S. Ct. 777 (1952)

Government may not censor a motion picture because it is offensive to religious beliefs.

Torcaso v. Watkins, 367 U.S. 488 (1961)

Court holds that the state of Maryland cannot require applicants for public office to swear that they believed in the existence of God. The court unanimously rules that a religious test violates the Establishment Clause.

Engel v. Vitale, 82 S. Ct. 1261 (1962)

Any kind of prayer, composed by public school districts, even nondenominational prayer, is unconstitutional government sponsorship of religion.

Abington School District v. Schempp, 374 U.S. 203 (1963)

Court finds Bible reading over school intercom unconstitutional and Murray v. Curlett, 374 U.S. 203 (1963) - Court finds forcing a child to participate in Bible reading and prayer unconstitutional.

Epperson v. Arkansas, 89 S. Ct. 266 (1968)

State statue banning teaching of evolution is unconstitutional. A state cannot alter any element in a course of study in order to promote a religious point of view. A state's attempt to hide behind a nonreligious motivation will not be given credence unless that state can show a secular reason as the foundation for its actions.

Lemon v. Kurtzman, 91 S. Ct. 2105 (1971)

Established the three part test for determining if an action of government violates First Amendment's separation of church and state:
1) the government action must have a secular purpose;
2) its primary purpose must not be to inhibit or to advance religion;
3) there must be no excessive entanglement between government and religion.

Stone v. Graham, 449 U.S. 39 (1980)

Court finds posting of the Ten Commandments in schools unconstitutional.

Wallace v. Jaffree, 105 S. Ct. 2479 (1985)

State's moment of silence at public school statute is unconstitutional where legislative record reveals that motivation for statute was the encouragement of prayer. Court majority silent on whether "pure" moment of silence scheme, with no bias in favor of prayer or any other mental process, would be constitutional.

Edwards v. Aquillard, 107 S. Ct. 2573 (1987)

Unconstitutional for state to require teaching of "creation science" in all instances in which evolution is taught. Statute had a clear religious motivation.

Allegheny County v. ACLU, 492 U.S. 573 (1989)

Court finds that a nativity scene displayed inside a government building violates the Establishment Clause.

Lee v. Weisman, 112 S. Ct. 2649 (1992)

Unconstitutional for a school district to provide any clergy to perform nondenominational prayer at elementary or secondary school graduation. It involves government sponsorship of worship. Court majority was particularly concerned about psychological coercion to which children, as opposed to adults, would be subjected, by having prayers that may violate their beliefs recited at their graduation ceremonies.

Church of Lukumi Babalu Ave., Inc. v. Hialeah, 113 S. Ct. 2217 (1993)

City's ban on killing animals for religious sacrifices, while allowing sport killing and hunting, was unconstitutional discrimination against the Santeria religion.

Dumbass! Those are court decisions, not laws!

Go back to school and learn the difference.

Uh, what? Spare me your irrelevant pap. I only chose "sombrero" because it is big. Feel free to substitute "stovepipe top hat", or "pope hat", if it triggers you less.

News and politics is not your forte..yea we know..

Following a discussion doesn't seem to be yours. Weird, considering you lurk on message boards. One would think you would accidentally learn, at some point...

They stem from scripture in the Qur’an and is a symbol of modesty and faith.

And head coverings for religious belief has been allowed in the Senate. You rightards are only outraged now because your marionette strings are being tugged.

You're a fucking idiot. Koran is nothing but a filthy military recruiting tool designed to raise large armies of illiterate and obedient suicide killers. Islam is not a religion. It's a hostile and invasive medieval political structure akin to nazism which spreads by force.

Hell no. It's a hostile racist authoritarian ideology determined to spread itself by force. Much like a virus. It should be wiped out.

Well, if you want to bow down and worship the evil ranting of some insane medieval warlord and child molester, that's your choice but not mine.
Who said I'd want to do that? I'm not a fan of nor a member of any of the patriarchal religions.......I AM a fan of the 1st Amendment and the rest of the Constitution, tho.

No shit? So if you asked a muslim when the earth was created, what would he tell you?

The same thing as would a devout Jew or a Christian, since they all originate from the same source.

I wasn't asking you. I was asking the bonehead who stated none of us know anything about other religions. I noticed he's to much of a coward to answer.
"to much"....:71:

Ah...so you're just an idiot. I suspected as much.

No shit? So if you asked a muslim when the earth was created, what would he tell you?

The same thing as would a devout Jew or a Christian, since they all originate from the same source.

I wasn't asking you. I was asking the bonehead who stated none of us know anything about other religions. I noticed he's to much of a coward to answer.

No, he would be "too" much of a coward. Check yourself before you wreck yourself!

Of course it is you dumbass. It was not proposed until some district was stupid enough to elect one.
And it covers anyone of any faith requiring a head covering. So no, not special for Muslims. I don’t care how bigoted you are.

Keeping religious headwear out of the Congress applied to everyone just fine for decades, no matter how stupid and bigoted you are.
WHAT religious headgear are you referring to? What other group insists on head gear in public except the Amish, who don't run for Congress?
upload_2018-12-3_11-2-41.jpeg

This is so awesome so many clowns don't know the law just to post obsecure crap based on emotions

:)

Orthodox Jews expect it in their men and make women wear ugly wigs

Who said I'd want to do that? I'm not a fan of nor a member of any of the patriarchal religions.......I AM a fan of the 1st Amendment and the rest of the Constitution, tho.

I don't believe that. When has any leftist ever in history respected the "free exercise" portion of the 1st Amendment? This would be a first. And it was done specifically to accommodate a Muslim leftist.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back