Democrats demand 24 hour waiting period - for tatoos!!!

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Democrats want to control everything. Tat industry is way too regulated as is. Let the fools get tats whenever they wish.

Washington, DC may institute 24-hour waiting period for tattoos and piercings

September 7, 2013 2:30 PM

Washington DC may impose a 24-hour waiting period for tattoos (Reuters)
If you had to stop and think about it for a day, would you still get that giant dragon tattoo across your back?

That’s the question being raised by health regulators in our nation’s capital, where Washington, DC officials are considering a mandatory 24-hour waiting period before getting a tattoo or body piercings.
"The licensee or operator of a body art establishment shall ensure that no tattoo artist applies any tattoo to a customer until after twenty-four (24)hours have passed since the customer first requested the tattoo," reads the language of proposed language of new regulations from Washington DC’s Department of Health.

“We’re making sure when that decision is made that you’re in the right frame of mind, and you don’t wake up in the morning . . . saying, ‘Oh my God, what happened?’ Washington DC Health Department Spokeswoman Najma Roberts told the Washington Post.

In other words, the potential new regulation would largely be aimed at stopping people from getting a tattoo while drunk, or under the influence of other drugs.

“They can’t be responsible for themselves, as well as the person doing the work on them,” Roberts said.

Well, that is stupid as what some of the reactionaries of the far right in government want.

If an adult wants a tattoo, well . . .?

But, but, but...they know what's best for all of us, right?

Waking up the next morning with a hangover and a mystery tattoo is a right of passage for some people.

Plus removal nowadays isnt as hard as it used to be.

Its just another way for nannyists to control people in the name of protecting us from ourselves.

Long enough to sober up before you do something stupid.

So says Captain Hall Monitor. Thank you so much for looking out for us; we wouldn't be able to take shit without your say so...

Pass.

Shhh don't give the proggressives any ideas. Next thing they will want to stand next to ya, to make sure you don't use more than one sqaure of tissue to wipe with.

Based on some of the tattoos I have seen, they should require psychological exams

Democrats want to control everything. Tat industry is way too regulated as is. Let the fools get tats whenever they wish.

If you had to stop and think about it for a day, would you still get that giant dragon tattoo across your back?

That’s the question being raised by health regulators in our nation’s capital, where Washington, DC officials are considering a mandatory 24-hour waiting period before getting a tattoo or body piercings.
"The licensee or operator of a body art establishment shall ensure that no tattoo artist applies any tattoo to a customer until after twenty-four (24)hours have passed since the customer first requested the tattoo," reads the language of proposed language of new regulations from Washington DC’s Department of Health.

“We’re making sure when that decision is made that you’re in the right frame of mind, and you don’t wake up in the morning . . . saying, ‘Oh my God, what happened?’ Washington DC Health Department Spokeswoman Najma Roberts told the Washington Post.

In other words, the potential new regulation would largely be aimed at stopping people from getting a tattoo while drunk, or under the influence of other drugs.

“They can’t be responsible for themselves, as well as the person doing the work on them,” Roberts said.

so the libtards want a 24 hour waiting period for a tattoo but demand IMMEDIATE murder of the baby in the womb upon request?

I see no problem with the waiting period at all. I've seen tons of "tats" that were regretted later. Bad tats can actually create serious lifelong problems. It's not a minor thing.

But then, I also believe that young males and females should be placed on mandatory birth control until they can demonstrate financial and social stability.

Radical ideas, I know. LOL

I see no problem with the waiting period at all. I've seen tons of "tats" that were regretted later. Bad tats can actually create serious lifelong problems. It's not a minor thing.

But then, I also believe that young males and females should be placed on mandatory birth control until they can demonstrate financial and social stability.

Radical ideas, I know. LOL

so the libtards want a 24 hour waiting period for a tattoo but demand IMMEDIATE murder of the baby in the womb upon request?

That's a crazy idea. Everyone knows that all crack babies should be brought to term, raised in poverty, and eventually housed in prisons.

idiots. i am so sick of these control freaks in government. Get the hell out of my life already

That's a crazy idea. Everyone knows that all crack babies should be brought to term, raised in poverty, and eventually housed in prisons.

so you say it is OK for the government to require you to wait 24 hours for the tattoo but you want to murder the unborn right the moment the request comes?

Oh, I see. so much about how the libtards care about women :lol:

Murdering that baby in the womb as much as you like it, is still a dangerous and potentially life threatening condition for the woman.

But who cares, right?

Many cities have laws on tats and piercings, and it's not just dems that do it.

Most of those laws either 1) apply only to minors and parental consent, which I wholeheartedly support and 2) apply to the tattoo parlors and require minimum standards for hygine and tattoo artist training.

Besides outright bans (which are unconsitutional IMHO) most restrictions do not apply to adults who want a tattoo.

Many cities have laws on tats and piercings, and it's not just dems that do it.

Most of those laws either 1) apply only to minors and parental consent, which I wholeheartedly support and 2) apply to the tattoo parlors and require minimum standards for hygine and tattoo artist training.

Besides outright bans (which are unconsitutional IMHO) most restrictions do not apply to adults who want a tattoo.

and they restrict where you can get a tat and if it is offensive.

Forum List

Back