Democrats' Genius Plan To Combat Homelessness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Independent thinker

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2015
I have to admit, it is indeed genius. I have seen a number of big blue cities around the country now converting empty office space into housing for the homeless. So, now it all makes perfect sense to me. Screw businesses over by regulating them to death, increase their costs and taxes, adapt policies which increase crime, and, poof, businesses either are forced to close down or move out to another area. This then leaves a bunch of empty buildings and office space available and then they convert it all into housing for the homeless. Although the sheer ratio of the homeless to restrooms available in these buildings is large, California has found a solution to that as well by issuing orders not to arrest people for public urination or defacation, yet another genius idea other cities can follow the example of.

They will keep riding this horse until it drops from political exhaustion.

I have to admit, it is indeed genius. I have seen a number of big blue cities around the country now converting empty office space into housing for the homeless. So, now it all makes perfect sense to me. Screw businesses over by regulating them to death, increase their costs and taxes, adapt policies which increase crime, and, poof, businesses either are forced to close down or move out to another area. This then leaves a bunch of empty buildings and office space available and then they convert it all into housing for the homeless. Although the sheer ratio of the homeless to restrooms available in these buildings is large, California has found a solution to that as well by issuing orders not to arrest people for public urination or defacation, yet another genius idea other cities can follow the example of.
In the little towns by me, their business district was hopping mad one hundred years ago, now the buildings stand as a relic of the fall of capitalism.

Huge conspiracy.

The homeless with drug dependencies need residential drug treatment facilities ... and the heavy tax load that will require ...

If you leave a drug addict to fester on the streets .. they will ... every time ...

It's cities.

R.5a1edb12593719c2740ac7e337f7a2dd

And with the ever increasing poverty people will not live as long, which helps their climate agendas

Yea, they got this all figured out.

The buildings are empty because companies have discovered they can save a shit ton on rent by letting people work remotely. Unless you are a customer facing position there is little reason for most office workers to be in the same building all the time.

One thing that COVID proved was that work still gets done when people are doing it from home.

L.A. has 70,000 homeless on the streets. The issue wasn't dealt with in time because of no socially responsible government in America.

It's not L.A. fault or the fault of any other big cities, they're just convenient places for the homeless to live. And of course Cal's climate is desirable.

Correction, their failure to compete. Walmarts didn't exist when those types of towns died
Walmarts...and other stores like them are why those towns died and dried up.
We went through this dance in the 80's and 90's There's no mystery here. If a large chain comes
into town and can sell goods for cheaper and more volume, then the small shop is eventually going to
be put out of business.

We went through this dance in the 80's and 90's There's no mystery here. If a large chain comes
into town and can sell goods for cheaper and more volume, then the small shop is eventually going to
be put out of business.
Or changes their business model.

be put out of business.
Nonsense

Those towns were built as people moved west. They also died for very similar reasons. There are no Walmarts in those shitty little towns. Most of them have a church maybe a post office and farm supplies & bars.

Has nothing to do with Walmart and everything to do with NO OPPORTUNITIES

Nonsense

Those towns were built as people moved west. They also died for very similar reasons. There are no Walmarts in those shitty little towns. Most of them have a church maybe a post office and farm supplies & bars.

Has nothing to do with Walmart and everything to do with NO OPPORTUNITIES
We're not talking about opportunities. I have this argument with people when I tell them that not every small town in the United States can be made into a production or technology center for the exact reason you cite for opportunity.
We are talking about straight up economics. When a larger chain comes in and sells goods at a cheaper cost, the smaller mom and pop stores can't compete. They go out of business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back