Democrats Have Always Destroyed the Economy

And whenever the fiscal policies of a true CON$ervative blows up in their faces and they can't weasel out of it, they blame both sides and their cousins too.

LOL name the policy or admit that you are deflecting.
Cutting taxes during wartime.

A simpleton view. Are you claiming cutting taxes had no benefit?
During war time it exploded our deficits and debt.

No, spending exploded our deficits and debt. Try to keep up.
Sure, you never spend money on war. :cuckoo:

The biggest propaganda lie ever concocted and foisted upon the American people is the lie that Bush caused our economic crisis. He did not.

Before the Democrats took Congress in 2007 unemployment was 4.1%, gas was $1.70 a gallon, and the economy was expanding.

Then the Democrats took Congress in 2007 and promptly destroyed the economy. When Obama became president in 2009 he made it twice as bad.

Let’s do a little math here:

Bush was president for 8 years, from 2001 to 2009.

As I said, in 2007 unemployment was 4.1% and the economy was expanding. That is SIX years into the Bush presidency mind you - SIX OUT OF EIGHT. (And BTW: 4.1% is almost perfect since there is no such thing as a 0% rate.)

Now, can anyone explain to me why the first six years of the eight-year Bush presidency was just fine, and then magically, when the Democrats took over Congress, the economy tanked? Simple: The Democrats took power. When they took power they pushed their social engineering policy of trying to let minorities who wants to own a house own a house whether they could afford it or not. All the bad loans the banks made, they were browbeat into that by the Left. And THAT was the first domino in line to fall.

As I said: The biggest propaganda lie ever concocted and foisted upon the American people is the lie that Bush caused our economic crisis. In fact, Democrats did, with policies that can find their genesis in the Clinton years

Stay tuned for Part Two.........

Good Bush economy attacked, bad Obama economy ignored by media
Obama didn't end the Great Recession that Bush didn't cause - AEI

Could you explain the actions the Democratic Congress did which caused the crash of 2008...

Stuff like giving tax cuts while in a war... Continual deregulation of the banking system...

250px-U.S._Home_Ownership_and_Subprime_Origination_Share.png

U.S. Subprime lending expanded dramatically 2004–2006.

The truth is GOP were in charge during the the time that lead to the bubble, it was RW policies which caused the crash...

The biggest propaganda lie ever concocted and foisted upon the American people is the lie that Bush caused our economic crisis. He did not.

Before the Democrats took Congress in 2007 unemployment was 4.1%, gas was $1.70 a gallon, and the economy was expanding.

Then the Democrats took Congress in 2007 and promptly destroyed the economy. When Obama became president in 2009 he made it twice as bad.

As I said, in 2007 unemployment was 4.1% and the economy was expanding. That is SIX years into the Bush presidency mind you - SIX OUT OF EIGHT. (And BTW: 4.1% is almost perfect since there is no such thing as a 0% rate.)

Now, can anyone explain to me why the first six years of the eight-year Bush presidency was just fine, and then magically, when the Democrats took over Congress, the economy tanked? Simple: The Democrats took power. When they took power they pushed their social engineering policy of trying to let minorities who wants to own a house own a house whether they could afford it or not. All the bad loans the banks made, they were browbeat into that by the Left. And THAT was the first domino in line to fall.

As I said: The biggest propaganda lie ever concocted and foisted upon the American people is the lie that Bush caused our economic crisis. In fact, Democrats did, with policies that can find their genesis in the Clinton years

Carter signed deals that destroyed our textiles, clothing, shoe manufacturing, and electronics industries. Clinton signed deals that allowed Huge Corporations to export our jobs to Slave Labor Camps overseas and South of The Border. Obama was trying to sign a deal that would export more of our jobs to Asia and the South Pacific.

Cutting taxes during wartime.

You're not actually disagreeing with me. You're just too stupid to get that. Case in point... how much extra did we spend on those wars?

I was the first to call BS on Bush claim the Iraq war would only cost $74 billion and that we'd get our money back from oil. I'm the most fiscally conservative member on the forum and routinely call the Republican party out for their wasteful spending and BS.

That said you are playing stupid liberal games with your faux spending rage and tax cut BS. If you think you are being clever try again. Here have one of these :icon_rolleyes:
Oh, FFS, you asked for a policy that contributed to the ballooning debt and I gave you one. A massive one that added as much as $2 trillion to the debt. Now stop crying like a baby because someone answered your question.

Obama incurred more debt than all previous president combined your dickless worm. Where was your big fat faggot-ass mouth then.
Obama incurred more debt because he had the worst recession in our lifetime dumped on him by the right.

And you're lying when you falsely claim Obama added more debt than all other presidents before him combined.

It is very convient for Democrats to take ofice and then blame their failure on the previous Republican president. If by some miracle, one of the left-wing nuts wins in 2020, the economy will undoutedly tank and it will be Trump's fault. The smart money is in the markets. Notice what will happen to the market if it even looks like one of the Democrats will win. Also take note that all the left-wing nuts told us the markets would crash if Trump was elected. Meanwhile, the "smart" people knew that Trump would be fantastic for the markets and thus the markets went up, not down.

Liberal economists are led around by the nose by their ideology. They no longer use their knowledge to devise sound economic policy, they use their knowledge to try to prove that their ideology is sound, despite facts being to the contrary. Ideology trumps all for Liberals. Sadly, this has even infiltrated much scientiic thought as well.(man made climate change)
You never did reply to this...

Average percentage changes of the DJIA, BASDAQ and S&P500 by president since Carter...

Clinton +245%
Obama +206%
Reagan +113%
GHW Bush +58%
Carter +45%
Trump +35%
Bush -38%

Kinda shatters your nonsense.

Obama incurred more debt than all previous president combined your dickless worm. Where was your big fat faggot-ass mouth then.
Obama incurred more debt because he had the worst recession in our lifetime dumped on him by the right.

And you're lying when you falsely claim Obama added more debt than all other presidents before him combined.

It is very convient for Democrats to take ofice and then blame their failure on the previous Republican president. If by some miracle, one of the left-wing nuts wins in 2020, the economy will undoutedly tank and it will be Trump's fault. The smart money is in the markets. Notice what will happen to the market if it even looks like one of the Democrats will win. Also take note that all the left-wing nuts told us the markets would crash if Trump was elected. Meanwhile, the "smart" people knew that Trump would be fantastic for the markets and thus the markets went up, not down.

Liberal economists are led around by the nose by their ideology. They no longer use their knowledge to devise sound economic policy, they use their knowledge to try to prove that their ideology is sound, despite facts being to the contrary. Ideology trumps all for Liberals. Sadly, this has even infiltrated much scientiic thought as well.(man made climate change)

Actually the Dow has really stalled for the last 18 months... The Dow was higher in Jan 18 than is is now...

Then the Democrats took Congress in 2007 and promptly destroyed the economy.
So what law exactly did the Dems pass in 2007 over Bush's veto that "promptly destroyed the economy?"
The executive branch under Bush missed every sign of Wall Street run amuck. Thank God Obama steered us consistently upward.

Bush’s biggest mistake is that he did not fight the Democrats hard enough on Fannie Mae and Mortgage Government-backed securities. Democrats and their cronies in Fannie Mae thought it would be wise to egregiously relax financial criteria so more poor people could get more house that they could not afford.
LOLOL

"We can put light where there's darkness, and hope where there's despondency in this country. And part of it is working together as a nation to encourage folks to own their own home." ~ George Bush, 10.15.2002

"Expanding Homeownership. The President believes that homeownership is the cornerstone of America's vibrant communities and benefits individual families by building stability and long‐term financial security. In June 2002, President Bush issued America's Homeownership Challenge to the real estate and mortgage finance industries to encourage them to join the effort to close the gap that exists between the homeownership rates of minorities and non‐minorities. The President also announced the goal of increasing the number of minority homeowners by at least 5.5 million families before the end of the decade. Under his leadership, the overall U.S. homeownership rate in the second quarter of 2004 was at an all time high of 69.2 percent. Minority homeownership set a new record of 51 percent in the second quarter, up 0.2 percentage point from the first quarter and up 2.1 percentage points from a year ago." ~ White House fact sheet, 8.9.2004

"Another priority for a new term is to build an ownership society, because ownership brings security and dignity and independence. Thanks to our policies, home ownership in America is at an all‐ time high. Tonight we set a new goal: 7 million more affordable homes in the next 10 years, so more American families will be able to open the door and say, ‘Welcome to my home.’" ~ George Bush, 9.2.2004

Actually the Dow has really stalled for the last 18 months... The Dow was higher in Jan 18 than is is now...
And with the Dow down over 200 points so far, today's not off to a good start. Hopefully, that turns around by the end of the day.

You cannot talk to that nutless loser Faun. He's a full on imbecile.

THE OP STANDS AS UNASSAILED FACT:

You're not actually disagreeing with me. You're just too stupid to get that. Case in point... how much extra did we spend on those wars?

I was the first to call BS on Bush claim the Iraq war would only cost $74 billion and that we'd get our money back from oil. I'm the most fiscally conservative member on the forum and routinely call the Republican party out for their wasteful spending and BS.

That said you are playing stupid liberal games with your faux spending rage and tax cut BS. If you think you are being clever try again. Here have one of these :icon_rolleyes:
Oh, FFS, you asked for a policy that contributed to the ballooning debt and I gave you one. A massive one that added as much as $2 trillion to the debt. Now stop crying like a baby because someone answered your question.

Tax cuts have benefits to the economy that increase revenue. First cut spending then you can get on your knees and beg for tax increases.

You cannot talk to that nutless loser Faun. He's a full on imbecile.

THE OP STANDS AS UNASSAILED FACT:

"THE OP STANDS AS UNASSAILED FACT:

Before the Democrats took Congress in 2007 unemployment was 4.1%"

LOLOL

What a pity you're incapable of telling the truth.

:dance:

Last edited:

Tax cuts have benefits to the economy that increase revenue. First cut spending then you can get on your knees and beg for tax increases.
Tax cuts may benefit the economy, but they don't always. There was no benefit when Bush cut taxes during wartime, only a mountain of debt.

Hey ignoramus, employment is a lagging indicator and gas prices usually collapse in recessions as the demand crators.

Case Shiller index inflected in late 2006, there is nothing incoming "Democrats" did to cause it.

525c009beab8eaf7484c824b-750-563.jpg

You're nuts. Three wars of choice, Iraq, Afghanistan and the foolish war on terror (war on a noun) and two tax cuts is not the way to economic stability.

This is 3 pages of righty nonsense. God bless the patience of the center and left posters who responded with facts. The Republican party ignores facts. It’s basically a religion.

Then the Democrats took Congress in 2007 and promptly destroyed the economy.
So what law exactly did the Dems pass in 2007 over Bush's veto that "promptly destroyed the economy?"
The executive branch under Bush missed every sign of Wall Street run amuck. Thank God Obama steered us consistently upward.

Bush’s biggest mistake is that he did not fight the Democrats hard enough on Fannie Mae and Mortgage Government-backed securities. Democrats and their cronies in Fannie Mae thought it would be wise to egregiously relax financial criteria so more poor people could get more house that they could not afford.
Didn't fight enough??? Bush and the GOP BLOCKED every reform bill in GOP controlled House committees except one and that was kept from a vote on the floor by the GOP controlled Senate, but you knew that already!!!

Bullshit. Barney Frank and his cronies at Fannie Mae insisted there was no risk. The Democrats wanted poor people to be able to purchase half million dollar homes. Said that financial qualifying criteria was racist. Then, when the mortgages started going into default, Democrats and Black leaders blamed the banks for “predatory lending”.

Forum List

Back