Democrats in Houston subpoena Churches' sermons on Gays.

OriginalShroom

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2013
Talk about destroying and shredding the Constitution, the Democrats and the Liberal Mayor of Houston are seriously violating the 1st Amendment.

City of Houston demands pastors turn over sermons Fox News

The city of Houston has issued subpoenas demanding a group of pastors turn over any sermons dealing with homosexuality, gender identity or Annise Parker, the city’s first openly lesbian mayor. And those ministers who fail to comply could be held in contempt of court.
“The city’s subpoena of sermons and other pastoral communications is both needless and unprecedented,” Alliance Defending Freedom attorney Christina Holcomb said in a statement. “The city council and its attorneys are engaging in an inquisition designed to stifle any critique of its actions.”

:::::::::

Mayor Parker will not explain why she wants to inspect the sermons. I contacted City Hall for a comment and received a terse reply from the mayor’s director of communications.
“We don’t comment on litigation,” said Janice Evans.
However, ADF attorney Stanley suspects the mayor wants to publicly shame the ministers. He said he anticipates they will hold up their sermons for public scrutiny. In other words – the city is rummaging for evidence to “out” the pastors as anti-gay bigots.

I'm wondering if the democrats realize the fight they are trying to start up. What is left unsaid is that most of these churches are black majority ones.

Why dont they go in Mosques too , oh I know why because they wont do anything to offend them btu they will and are doing anything to offend Christians.. Also, what happened to our first amendment in this country.. It has gone out the window under this administration!
Talk about destroying and shredding the Constitution, the Democrats and the Liberal Mayor of Houston are seriously violating the 1st Amendment.

The city of Houston has issued subpoenas demanding a group of pastors turn over any sermons dealing with homosexuality, gender identity or Annise Parker, the city’s first openly lesbian mayor. And those ministers who fail to comply could be held in contempt of court.
“The city’s subpoena of sermons and other pastoral communications is both needless and unprecedented,” Alliance Defending Freedom attorney Christina Holcomb said in a statement. “The city council and its attorneys are engaging in an inquisition designed to stifle any critique of its actions.”

Mayor Parker will not explain why she wants to inspect the sermons. I contacted City Hall for a comment and received a terse reply from the mayor’s director of communications.
However, ADF attorney Stanley suspects the mayor wants to publicly shame the ministers. He said he anticipates they will hold up their sermons for public scrutiny. In other words – the city is rummaging for evidence to “out” the pastors as anti-gay bigots.

Hopefully, the Governor, the courts (yeah right), and the People of the great State of Texas will stand up and tell the Libs where to stick it.

I'm going to preach a little right now: The Bible says that homosexuality is a sin. In the Old Testament days, fags were put to death. The New Testament says that they're "worthy of death." In any event, if they don't repent of that sin they will be rewarded with "eternal death."

I doubt that Joel Olsteen will want to ruffle anyone's feathers but if he's truly a preacher of God's Word then he WILL ruffle feathers and in a big way. Watch out Joel ... God is watching and He's no fan of false prophets and "ear ticklers."

Also from the article:

"The law, among other things, would allow men to use the ladies room and vice versa. "

Houston thought they were being inclusive by electing a homosexual mayor. They made the same mistake as the country did in electing a black presidunce. Any criticism of the mayor will be gay bashing. This is what you get when catering to those with an agenda.

I just read this article and was going to post a thread, but looked and found yours first. Funny, I didn't see where the DOJ or the ACLU were taking up the cause to fight this First Amendment violation by the Houston mayor. Perhaps Obama will say something about it at one of his fundraisers or between rounds. Wait, he only does that when an African American is shot by law enforcement. Never mind.

I just read this article and was going to post a thread, but looked and found yours first. Funny, I didn't see where the DOJ or the ACLU were taking up the cause to fight this First Amendment violation by the Houston mayor. Perhaps Obama will say something about it at one of his fundraisers or between rounds. Wait, he only does that when an African American is shot by law enforcement. Never mind.

YoMama MAY say something if and ONLY if the preacher is black.

Forum List

Back