Democrats Kiss AZ. Goodbye.

The goal isn't to make it more difficult, the goal would be to make voting more secure.

It just so happens that doing so would likely make it more difficult, but I don't see that as a negative...
And if that keeps legal voters from voting?

Seriously?

The goal is to make it so ineligible people can't vote. How would that keep eligible voters from voting?
It does. That’s a given. The only question is how many.

So how many legal voters is it acceptable to disenfranchise in your quest for “secure” elections that are already incredibly secure?

It does. That’s a given. The only question is how many.

So how many legal voters is it acceptable to disenfranchise in your quest for “secure” elections that are already incredibly secure?

I reject the idea that stricter voting laws "disenfranchise" anyone who is eligible to vote in this country.

That's just too stupid to even consider...

why would it? explain how that works.
Elderly folks who have been voting for decades and no longer have their birth certificate. For example. Things get lost in moves… fired… etc

So it’s ok to disenfranchise anyone YOU deem stupid?

Point of order: when I said it would be stupid to even consider that stricter laws would disenfranchise anyone, I was talking about you being stupid enough to think that.

And, frankly, anyone who would think that is probably too stupid to vote...

Point of order: when I said it would be stupid to even consider that stricter laws would disenfranchise anyone, I was talking about you being stupid enough to think that.

And, frankly, anyone who would think that is probably too stupid to vote...
I corrected my post but given your reaction… apparently I was actually correct

I corrected my post but given your reaction… apparently I was actually correct

No, you're wrong.

If an elderly person loses their birth certificate, that's on them. They bear the burden for not being able to vote. It's not the law which keeps them from voting, but rather their own carelessness.

My Mom is 88 years old and her birth certificate is in my safe, along with mine. She registered to vote when she moved to Florida 18 years ago. If my safe was ever stolen (not likely, but for the sake of argument) she's still going to be able to vote. She's living in the last house she'll ever live in. She doesn't have to re-register.

It's my experience that most elderly folks don't move too much. They're retired, so it's not like they're chasing new job opportunities. They're comfortable in the homes they've likely lived in for decades.

You really need to try harder to come up with something convincing...

No, you're wrong.

If an elderly person loses their birth certificate, that's on them. They bear the burden for not being able to vote. It's not the law which keeps them from voting, but rather their own carelessness.

My Mom is 88 years old and her birth certificate is in my safe, along with mine. She registered to vote when she moved to Florida 18 years ago. If my safe was ever stolen (not likely, but for the sake of argument) she's still going to be able to vote. She's living in the last house she'll ever live in. She doesn't have to re-register.

It's my experience that most elderly folks don't move too much. They're retired, so it's not like they're chasing new job opportunities. They're comfortable in the homes they've likely lived in for decades.

You really need to try harder to come up with something convincing...
That’s on them? So disenfranchising the elderly is fine with you… all to make already secure elections “secure”

Interesting

That’s on them? So disenfranchising the elderly is fine with you… all to make already secure elections “secure”

Interesting

We can't accommodate everyone when they fuck up. Sorry, but that's not how it works.

Again, you'll need to try harder to come up with something convincing. Relaxing the rules on the off chance that an old person moved and lost their birth certificate.

Again, though, they bear the burden of responsibility if they can't vote...

We can't accommodate everyone when they fuck up. Sorry, but that's not how it works.

Again, you'll need to try harder to come up with something convincing. Relaxing the rules on the off chance that an old person moved and lost their birth certificate.

Again, though, they bear the burden of responsibility if they can't vote...
“We can’t accommodate everyone when they fuck up”?

You think a house fire is a fuck up? A Hurricane? A flood?

And why? Our elections are already amazingly secure

“We can’t accommodate everyone when they fuck up”?

You think a house fire is a fuck up? A Hurricane? A flood?

And why? Our elections are already amazingly secure

I also have a copy of my birth certificate in my safe deposit box.

If my home burns to the ground and takes my safe with it, if I can move I'll still be able to register to vote...

I also have a copy of my birth certificate in my safe deposit box.

If my home burns to the ground and takes my safe with it, if I can move I'll still be able to register to vote...
That’s you. You have a license I imagine. What if you didn’t? No BC… no license. You don’t vote

That’s you. You have a license I imagine. What if you didn’t? No BC… no license. You don’t vote

So, what would you propose we do for someone who's unable to prove that they're eligible to vote?

So, what would you propose we do for someone who's unable to prove that they're eligible to vote?
You mean people who registered decades ago and have been voting right along?

Nothing needs doing. The system works

You mean people who registered decades ago and have been voting right along?

Nothing needs doing. The system works

Well, like you said, if they move and don't have a birth certificate, they're screwed.

What should be done for those people? Just let 'em vote?

Forum List

Back