Democrats' Machine Shows Rust

The Rabbi

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2009
Nashville
Article in the WSJ this AM about how the Democrats at local levels are declining as a political force. This is a repeat but shows the maps very well.
2016 will be the Democrats' Waterloo. They have failed to win a national election outside of the presidency for the last 8 years. At the state level they are irrelevant outside of the northeast and west coast. There are no up and coming Democrats, like Ron Wyden, talked about as future leaders. Their leaders are men and women in their late 60s and 70s.
That is not a healthy party and the results in the next election will show it.
Democratic Party Machinery Shows Rust Reform The Government

They may still buck Hillary off the horse for someone else (and no, not for someone in the current crop either).

Let an openly queer dumb black man get in the race, and Hillary will be kicked to the curb once again. Hey guno, here is your chance! Lol

They may still buck Hillary off the horse for someone else (and no, not for someone in the current crop either).
The Great Hope appears to be Al Gore. Seriously.

Really? So a slightly less old guy?

Won't the Nutroots people flip out over an old hetero cis white guy?
I thik Gore isnt radical enough for the party these days. When Bernie Sanders get shouted down for saying "all lives matter" they have no hope.

Article in the WSJ this AM about how the Democrats at local levels are declining as a political force. This is a repeat but shows the maps very well.
2016 will be the Democrats' Waterloo. They have failed to win a national election outside of the presidency for the last 8 years. At the state level they are irrelevant outside of the northeast and west coast. There are no up and coming Democrats, like Ron Wyden, talked about as future leaders. Their leaders are men and women in their late 60s and 70s.
Now, if we could just get rid of the other party as well, we'd be doing great.

The Great Hope appears to be Al Gore. Seriously.
Well, he invented the internet, sold his venue to Al Jazeera.. apparently (but not confirmed) his private jet breathes oxygen in and oxygen out preventing GW. He seems to be a well qualified candidate.

If only we could convince Colin Powell to become a democratic candidate!

Algore sounds like Forest Gump when he talks. Makes it very hard to take anything he says seriously.

2016 will be the Democrats' Waterloo. They have failed to win a national election outside of the presidency for the last 8 years

I don't think so. The American voter is far more informed than you might imagine. I think the majority want to keep a balance of power in DC and the nation as a whole. We don't want a political monopoly where one party runs everything. We've seen how that works.

2016 will be the Democrats' Waterloo. They have failed to win a national election outside of the presidency for the last 8 years

I don't think so. The American voter is far more informed than you might imagine. I think the majority want to keep a balance of power in DC and the nation as a whole. We don't want a political monopoly where one party runs everything. We've seen how that works.
Democrats have controlled msot of gov't for 8 years. They have made a total hash of it. Every program is a failure. Time for the adults to come in and clean up Dem messes. Dems can sit in the back and shut up.

Democrats have controlled msot of gov't for 8 years. They have made a total hash of it. Every program is a failure. Time for the adults to come in and clean up Dem messes. Dems can sit in the back and shut up.

I can't agree with you! ALthough Obama is a two term president, the Supreme Court was and is still majority controlled by republicans. The House was shaken up when the GOP took over and controlled the purse strings for the remainder of Obama's tenure.

I still haven't forgotten how the GOP cost us a favorable credit rating and almost caused the USA to default on payment obligations. Do you think the public at large has forgotten that? We shall see!

They have failed to win a national election outside of the presidency for the last 8 years.

Boy, this could just well be the Rabbi quote of the month!

There isn't any "national election" other than the presidency...ever. Derrrrrr.

The American voter is far more informed than you might imagine. I
I am not sure about that. We wouldn't be up in shitcreek without paddles if the American voter were informed at all.
Well, frankly, I don't think the AMerican voter had a damn thing to do with it. All the decisions made to get us in a shit creek without a paddle ahve been made by both parties at one time or another. The public had no say so either way! It could have been worse if one party had dominated in all three bodies of governance. The voters DID prevent that!

They have failed to win a national election outside of the presidency for the last 8 years.

Boy, this could just well be the Rabbi quote of the month!

There isn't any "national election" other than the presidency...ever. Derrrrrr.
Boy are you going to look stoopid when I explain this to you.

The American voter is far more informed than you might imagine. I
I am not sure about that. We wouldn't be up in shitcreek without paddles if the American voter were informed at all.
Well, frankly, I don't think the AMerican voter had a damn thing to do with it. All the decisions made to get us in a shit creek without a paddle ahve been made by both parties at one time or another. The public had no say so either way! It could have been worse if one party had dominated in all three bodies of governance. The voters DID prevent that!
Did the GOP pass Obamacare?
Did the GOP pass Dodd-Frank?
Did the GOP nominate Sotomaior or Kagan?
Did the GOP negotiate the Iran nuclear deal?
Did the GOP negotiate the reset with Russia?
Did the GOP conduct any foreign policy at all?
Did the GOP pass incresaes in the min wage?
Did the GOP enable the EPA to increase regulations?

No. Your moral equivalence is declined.

Yes but with Jeb winning the nomination Hillary is a lock.

Everyone knows that the President rules like a king, so who cares?

Yes but with Jeb winning the nomination Hillary is a lock.

Everyone knows that the President rules like a king, so who cares?
Link?

Forum List

Back