Democrats Need to Learn How to be a Minority Party

Bush92

GHBush1992
May 23, 2014
Much could be learned from Gerald R. Ford who was House Minority Leader for two decades. When Democrats dominated the House from 1932 until 1994 Republicans never used inflammatory rhetoric or were obsructionist. Ford was Minority leader from 1963 until he took over as President in 1974 always go a long well with his Democratic counterparts. GOP had a list of things they wanted done and knew what was impossible to ask for. They accepted their role as minority party with civility. Democrats need to understand that state legislatures draw up districts..GOP dominates state government...so they are going to be the minority party for a long time. This would do much to turn down the temperature.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/p/ge...d=Google_&sourceId=PLGoP3095&k_clickid=3x3095

Much could be learned from Gerald R. Ford who was House Minority Leader for two decades. When Democrats dominated the House from 1932 until 1994 Republicans never used inflammatory rhetoric or were obsructionist. Ford was Minority leader from 1963 until he took over as President in 1974 always go a long well with his Democratic counterparts. GOP had a list of things they wanted done and knew what was impossible to ask for. They accepted their role as minority party with civility. Democrats need to understand that state legislatures draw up districts..GOP dominates state government...so they are going to be the minority party for a long time. This would do much to turn down the temperature.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/p/ge...d=Google_&sourceId=PLGoP3095&k_clickid=3x3095
You have to understand that the Progressives have been for the most part incharge of this Nation for over 6o years and don't like it. Explains the bad behavior.

Democrats Need to Learn How to be a Minority Party

For the next - eight minutes. As per usual, Karl Rove.

I tell you what, if the public are on the same page in regards to seeing the clear obstructionism by the Democrats, the mid-terms will hurt them even more. I am guessing, only if they lose a few more seats in the mid-terms, will they get the message.

Trump should be bringing this up as often as he can, I notice he has done so lately and I believe it will have an impact and it will sink in. He can then follow through with strong words to elect positive supporters of his campaign promises in the mid terms so that he can get the job done without obstruction. It would be a massive boost to any and every GOP candidate who campaigns on his promises.

Like him or love him, agree with him or not, the country rallied behind his campaign promise and rejected the status quo. If he is stymied in exercising the Will of the People, it won't be good for those obstructing.

Yes it was lost the day Reginald Denny got slapped with a brick and brain damaged and progressives supported the vile scum who attacked him. That was the first real example of liberal progressive behavior that was nationally shown. It should have been crushed then and it's founders executed for treasonous activity.

I tell you what, if the public are on the same page in regards to seeing the clear obstructionism by the Democrats, the mid-terms will hurt them even more. I am guessing, only if they lose a few more seats in the mid-terms, will they get the message.

Trump should be bringing this up as often as he can, I notice he has done so lately and I believe it will have an impact and it will sink in. He can then follow through with strong words to elect positive supporters of his campaign promises in the mid terms so that he can get the job done without obstruction. It would be a massive boost to any and every GOP candidate who campaigns on his promises.
The Orange menace is already - Nixon (who no one cares enough to interview years later).

I think civility though...was lost well before now.
Then look to the last to find out when we had it in government.

"The Era of Good Feelings marked a period in the political history of the United States that reflected a sense of national purpose and a desire for unity among Americans in the aftermath of the War of 1812."

Like him or love him, agree with him or not, the country rallied behind his campaign promise and rejected the status quo. If he is stymied in exercising the Will of the People, it won't be good for those obstructing.
Should Democrats use as their paradigm of governance the Republicans of the Obama era? Is that how a minority party should act?

Not for long with the policies you're forcing down our throats. People won't fucking put up with third rate infrastructure, the destruction of rights for millions and a third world healthcare system for very fucking long.
Destruction of rights for millions? See...there is your flaming rhetoric. Democrats are going to get what they get on health care. Elections have consequences. People will have to put up with it until they go back to the ballot box. What's are you insinuating is going to happen?

The Orange menace is already - Nixon (who no one cares enough to interview years later).

How is he Nixon? Would you would like to dig him up to interview him.

How is he Nixon? Would you would like to dig him up to interview him.
We did, and no one cares about the Orange Menace enough to even bother with. Half and done.

I think civility though...was lost well before now.
Trump = the half-term President. Ring a bell, kiddos?

How do you propose to make him leave since it has been proven that the dimshitscum are the criminals.
Trump is so corrupt it was always, and only, a matter of time. He wanted the title - he never wanted the job and doesn't like it.
Explain? You just made a bold statement.

Should Democrats use as their paradigm of governance the Republicans of the Obama era? Is that how a minority party should act?
Less than a one-term. GOP rules (upgraded).

Forum List

Back