Democrats on the road to another slap down by the Supreme Court

IF the senate shows bipartisan support for such a ban, it could happen.
That's a very large "if". Is it possible? Sure but it would depend on finding a few politicians who were willing to end their career over one bill. When that day comes, Americans will have a choice to make. The reality is that there aren't enough armed thugs available to confiscate weapons. The real effect of the law would be to create a criminal class and use the threat of sporadic searches to punish and disarm some while threatening others. I think it would quickly lead to a situation where cops would become fair game when they came knocking or kicking doors. This is the final red line. Every other freedom is lost as soon as 2A becomes optional at the whim of DC.

It's happened before.
You mean Clinton's ban that had a sunset clause after 10 years? There were studies that proved that the ban had no significant effect on gun crime or gun deaths. The reality is that long guns are responsible for a miniscule fraction of total gun deaths. We all know that the agenda will continue. Removing millions of new sales of semi-autos would not stop the mass shootings. The next tragedy like that would see the Ds right back and demanding more. Semi-auto handguns are used in FAR more killings and they'd be next on the block.

The Dems are drunk with power and they've deluded themselves into assuming gun owners will bend the knee. Some few will. In return, it would become open season on cops and alphabet agency badges. IOW, it would create potential for widespread bloodshed. My guess is that if we saw examples of shootouts by federal LEOs who were trying to confiscate firearms and the numbers of dead exploded and became MANY TIMES that of the mass shootings of today, the Left would not utter a peep. They'd just say the end justifies the means. NOT GONNA HAPPEN without a LOT of bleeding by everyone involved.

You mean Clinton's ban that had a sunset clause after 10 years?

Yes;

There were studies that proved that the ban had no significant effect on gun crime or gun deaths.

Where did I argue I supported it? Lacking that I do not need you to explain it to me. A person can discuss something as it happened without necessarily supporting what happened.

Yes;

Where did I argue I supported it? Lacking that I do not need you to explain it to me. A person can discuss something as it happened without necessarily supporting what happened.
Remember this
Weapons in common use are protected by the second amendment.

The house makes rady to place vote on assault weapons ban. And eliminates most modern firearms.
That would be a great move in the right direction.

Don't count the Senate a no go until you remember Rino's who help pass the last gun control and help to appoint Biden aft director.
This is a lie.

There’s no political will in Washington for a ‘new’ AWB.

That’s why the right’s demagoguery, rhetoric, and lies about a ‘ban’ are dishonest, ridiculous, and idiotic.

That would be a great move in the right direction.
Actually not.

The 94 ‘ban’ had mixed results at best.

Current possession of AR 15s and similar rifles and carbines would be allowed via a grandfather provision.

There are some 20 million AR 15s currently privately owned; there are likely as many AKs and battle rifle clones such as HK 91s and FN FALs also in private possession.

‘Bans’ simply don’t work – whether it’s abortion, Prohibition, or guns.

This is a lie.

That’s why the right’s demagoguery, rhetoric, and lies about a ‘ban’ are dishonest, ridiculous, and idiotic.
Lol sure thing snowflake why are democrats pushing for 1?

Remember this
Weapons in common use are protected by the second amendment.
pknopp read at your leisure since you disagree

pknopp read at your leisure since you disagree

Quit your rambling. I'm the one that argued that the people can own anything the government can.

Actually not.

The 94 ‘ban’ had mixed results at best.

Current possession of AR 15s and similar rifles and carbines would be allowed via a grandfather provision.

There are some 20 million AR 15s currently privately owned; there are likely as many AKs and battle rifle clones such as HK 91s and FN FALs also in private possession.

‘Bans’ simply don’t work – whether it’s abortion, Prohibition, or guns.
FN FAL's were crap against Zombies in COD.

This is a lie.

as opposed to the lies from the left you're ok with.

Forum List

Back