Democrats Trying To Suppress Votes And Not Wanting To Count Votes After Election Day

Independentthinker

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2015
Democrats are trying to discourage people from voting on election day and, get this, now, all of a sudden, they don't really want to count votes after election day. The gig is up.

The (Republican) strategy: Vote in person on Election Day or — for voters who receive a mailed ballot — hold onto it and hand it in at a polling place or election office on Nov. 8.

The Democratic response:

If enough voters are dissuaded from casting ballots early, it could lead to long lines on Election Day and would push back processing of those late-arriving mailed ballots. Those ballots likely would not get counted until the next day or later.

“It just slows everything down,” said Noah Praetz, the former election clerk in Cook County, Illinois, who now advises local election offices on best practices and security. “In many places, if you don’t get mail ballots in hand until Election Day, you are not counting them until after Election Day.”

Democrats are trying to discourage people from voting on election day and, get this, now, all of a sudden, they don't really want to count votes after election day. The gig is up.

The (Republican) strategy: Vote in person on Election Day or — for voters who receive a mailed ballot — hold onto it and hand it in at a polling place or election office on Nov. 8.

The Democratic response:

If enough voters are dissuaded from casting ballots early, it could lead to long lines on Election Day and would push back processing of those late-arriving mailed ballots. Those ballots likely would not get counted until the next day or later.

“It just slows everything down,” said Noah Praetz, the former election clerk in Cook County, Illinois, who now advises local election offices on best practices and security. “In many places, if you don’t get mail ballots in hand until Election Day, you are not counting them until after Election Day.”

Just so I can get a handle on the argument here. We should continue to count votes a week after election day?

The Democratic response:

Yeah, go with that folks. Wow. It says quite a bit about the Democrats that they are going to lose the House to the GOP when you have this sort of silliness.

The Democratic response:

And what illegal drugs are you taking again? Democrats weren't asked. You Republicans are just making shit up again because it sounds good.

The Democratic response:

I have already voted by mail. Standing in line for hours with a walker is impossible for me. Trump votes by absentee ballot too.

Republicans are wrong on this.

Just so I can get a handle on the argument here. We should continue to count votes a week after election day?
I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of the left, who are trying to discourage voters from voting in the manner they want to vote. Before it was, "we should continue counting votes after election day to count every vote, no matter how long it takes". Now it is, "you shouldn't vote on election day or hand in mail in ballots on election day because it will slow the voting process down, extending it past election day". Please take a pick as to which way you want it.

I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of the left, who are trying to discourage voters from voting in the manner they want to vote.

But there is no hypocrisy with Republican's that didn't want to count late arriving mail in ballots?

Before it was, "we should continue counting votes after election day to count every vote, no matter how long it takes". Now it is, "you shouldn't vote on election day or hand in mail in ballots on election day because it will slow the voting process down, extending it past election day". Please take a pick as to which way you want it.

I'm pretty sure no one ever argued "no matter how long it takes".

All they’re saying is that holding onto ballots until Election Day will slow down processing and counting.

That’s not a conspiracy. It’s common sense.
It's their attempt to suppress votes by suggesting to Republicans they should not vote in the manner they want to vote.

I have already voted by mail. Standing in line for hours with a walker is impossible for me. Trump votes by absentee ballot too.

Republicans are wrong on this.
Why are democrats telling Republicans when and how they should vote and when and how they shouldn't? When Republicans do this you call it vote suppression.

But there is no hypocrisy with Republican's that didn't want to count late arriving mail in ballots?

I'm pretty sure no one ever argued "no matter how long it takes".
That is exactly the hypocrisy. Nice to hear you admit it.

It's their attempt to suppress votes by suggesting to Republicans they should not vote in the manner they want to vote.
Just explaining the consequences of their decisions.

Last election, Republicans were incensed that it took more than a day to count the votes. Their behavior is going to guarantee that same result this year.

Why are democrats telling Republicans when and how they should vote and when and how they shouldn't? When Republicans do this you call it vote suppression.

Who is doing that? Republicans can vote just like me. We have the same rights under the law. Even Trump votes by mail. They should stop lying, get off their asses and vote.

Just explaining the consequences of their decisions.

Last election, Republicans were incensed that it took more than a day to count the votes. Their behavior is going to guarantee that same result this year.
And I'm just pointing out that if Republicans suggested to Democrats how and when to vote they would be accused of trying to suppress votes.

Who is doing that? Republicans can vote just like me. We have the same rights under the law. Even Trump votes by mail. They should stop lying, get off their asses and vote.
You need to go back to post number, let me try to find it again, oh yeah, post number 1. If Republicans tried telling or suggesting to democrats how and when to vote they would be accused of trying to suppress votes.

I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of the left, who are trying to discourage voters from voting in the manner they want to vote. Before it was, "we should continue counting votes after election day to count every vote, no matter how long it takes". Now it is, "you shouldn't vote on election day or hand in mail in ballots on election day because it will slow the voting process down, extending it past election day". Please take a pick as to which way you want it.

No, you are pointing out another lie by you MAGAs saying that the Left said or did something so that you can justify doing it yourself.

Democrats are trying to discourage voters from voting on election day.

According to a MAGA spokesperson fabricating what the Left is suppose to be doing so that you can justify your own evils. There is another definition of "Fabricating" and that's lying.

Forum List

Back