Democrats want Trump to be imprisoned.

I imagine the Democrats have been singing, "Anything you can do, I can do better" when it comes to putting party politics over country.

1717859874435.png

There's that argumentum ad absurdum I've come to expect from the left, only exceeded by their appeals to authority.

I wouldn't expect someone on the right to comprehend, precisely, what the 'appeals to authority' logical fallacy actually means.

You do realize that any appeal to authority is better than an appeal to ignorance, right?

You do realize that there are four things which are true, when it comes to an appeal to authority:

1. It doesn't prove, necessarily, a claim is true.
2. It doesn't disprove it.
3. Appeals to a consensus of authority (multiple authoritative sources) has a higher odds of being correct than a minority.

What is left is this simple proclamation:

4. An appeal to authority, though is not conclusive proof, IS BETTER than an appeal to ignorance.

Given the implication of your post, it appears to be the latter.

When an appeal to authority is cited correctly, it is to buttress a claim, to support a claim, not necessarily to prove it. The point is, the counter argument which goes 'that's an appeal to authority, a logical fallacy', is a misunderstanding of the logical fallacy. It ONLY becomes a logical fallacy if the person employing it claims that the appeal proves a claim.

I wouldn't expect someone on the right to comprehend, precisely, what the 'appeals to authority' logical fallacy actually means.

You do realize that any appeal to authority is better than an appeal to ignorance, right?

You do realize that there are four things which are true, when it comes to an appeal to authority:

1. It doesn't prove, necessarily, a claim is true.
2. It doesn't disprove it.
3. Appeals to a consensus of authority (multiple authoritative sources) has a higher odds of being correct than a minority.

What is left is this simple proclamation:

4. An appeal to authority, though is not conclusive proof, IS BETTER than an appeal to ignorance.

Given the implication of your post, it appears to be the latter.

When an appeal to authority is cited correctly, it is to buttress a claim, to support a claim, not necessarily to prove it. The point is, the counter argument which goes 'that's an appeal to authority, a logical fallacy', is a misunderstanding of the logical fallacy. It ONLY becomes a logical fallacy if the person employing it claims that the appeal proves a claim.

Sorry, all I get from leftists is "experts say" or "you are not an expert"

Frothing Fascists salivating at the thought of locking up their political opponent while they attack Jews on the streets.

Is it Nazi Germany 1938 or Progressive America 2024?
It's Benedict Donald's Neo-GOP fantasy. They don't believe in law and order, they want a Hitler like strongman who rules by fiat and locks up his opponent based on politics not the breaking of laws, like trying to overturn a valid election with Faux Lies.

It's Benedict Donald's Neo-GOP fantasy. They don't believe in law and order, they want a Hitler like strongman who rules by fiat and locks up his opponent based on politics not the breaking of laws, like trying to overturn a valid election with Faux Lies.
How many other people have been charged under NY’s “you have to be found guilty before we tell you the charges” statute?

Can you name anyone?

As a first time felon, he should probably get a hefty fine and probation. This case was the least serious of all his indictments. He deserved his day in court on the other three felony indictments. Jail time is more likely after his next felony conviction, if that occurs.
i think the hunter biden case will have some bearing. If hunter gets convicted look for judge merchon to throw the book at trump

Sorry bout that,

1. For your sake, and all America's the Democrats need to back the fuck off.
2. Opening this prosecution to leaders of either Party will hurt everyone.
3. Thats why Trump didn't go after Hillary.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

That’s unfucking believable considering all of the CLINTON FOR PRISON chants in 2016. You pretty much admit yourselves to be dupes.

I also remember something about DRAINING THE SWAMP. Yet here you are a few years later talking about how Trump convinced you that criminals should get away with it because they sit high enough in the leadership.

Last edited:
i think the hunter biden case will have some bearing. If hunter gets convicted look for judge merchon to throw the book at trump
I am relatively certain that Hunter heinously checked the box on that federal form. I still don't see any mention in the Constitution that using recreational drugs is a reason the Government can infringe on our constitutional right to bear arm however.

I am relatively certain that Hunter heinously checked the box on that federal form. I still don't see any mention in the Constitution that using recreational drugs is a reason the Government can infringe on our constitutional right to bear arm however.
Well, i;m a hard core gun owner, but people are denied weapons permits for various reasons far less serious than doing drug.
being high with a gun in the house to me would be very dangerous

That’s unfucking believable considering all of the CLINTON FOR PRISON chants in 2016. You pretty much admit yourself to be a dupe.

I also remember something about DRAINING THE SWAMP. Yet here you are a few years later talking about how Trump convinced you that criminals should get away with it because they sit high enough in the leadership.
Also, this thing they've labeled Lawfare was started in earnest against Bill Clinton. They used the endless White Water investigation and eventually turn it into a salacious sex story where President Clinton lied about getting a friendly blow job.

Forum List

Back