Democrats...Weiner on the Rise..

Bingo.....

Caligula is no doubt cheering from his tomb.....The "Lords and Ladies" that we "elect" USED to be the cream of the crop. I shudder to think of that now. If, indeed, these "People" are the best we can do - we doomed - just like the Roman Empire.

Actually, the Roman Empire was doing pretty Awesome under Caligula.

It wasn't until they adopted Christianity as the State religion everything went to Pot.

The Dark Ages- The First Faith-Based Iniative.

Uh-huh.....

Surviving sources present a number of stories about Caligula that illustrate cruelty and insanity.

The contemporary sources, Philo of Alexandria and Seneca the Younger, describe an insane emperor who was self-absorbed, angry, killed on a whim, and who indulged in too much spending and sex. He is accused of sleeping with other men's wives and bragging about it, killing for mere amusement, deliberately wasting money on his bridge, causing starvation, and wanting a statue of himself erected in the Temple of Jerusalem for his worship. Once, at some games at which he was presiding, he ordered his guards to throw an entire section of the crowd into the arena during intermission to be eaten by animals because there were no criminals to be prosecuted and he was bored.

While repeating the earlier stories, the later sources of Suetonius and Cassius Dio provide additional tales of insanity. They accuse Caligula of incest with his sisters, Agrippina the Younger, Drusilla, and Livilla, and say he prostituted them to other men. They state he sent troops on illogical military exercises, turned the palace into a brothel, and, most famously, planned or promised to make his horse, Incitatus, a consul, and actually appointed him a priest.

Yeah, he was a great guy.......:cuckoo:

Sounds like a Democratic Senator.

When your teenage son takes a ten dollar bill out of your wallet and when asked if he did, he denies he took it....he is a teenage son being a teenage son.

When your teenage son takes a ten dollar bill out of your wallet and when asked if he did he claims he saw his sister take it out of your wallet?

You have a problem child that is headed in the wrong direction.

This is not about a man who acted out some sexual fantasy for kicks and denied it.

This is about a man who intentionally blamed his political opponents for something he knew they didn't do in an effort to cover his own tracks.

Not sure why no one is picking up on the seriousness of such an attitude of a man seeking office to run one of the largest cities in the world..

Last edited:
Sounds like Senator Vitter... Oh, wait. Vitter's a Republican.

Maybe like Mark Sanford....Ooops. Nope. He's a Republican, too.

How about Mark Foley? Damn.

Did any of them claim that SOMEONE ELSE committed a felony in an effort to cover their own tracks?

You don't find that just a tad bit creepy, a successful married politician in his what? late 30s sending pics of his dick to a teenaged girl? You must live in a trailer park.

I was actually wrong, she was 21. He didn't send photos to the 17 year old.

And trailer park? Why do you need to make personal accusations about me?
But no I have never lived in a trailer.

But he was having suggestive conversations with her. What normal newly married man does such a thing? The fact that you see no problem with this is itself a problem.

He was? Please provide link backing that up.

People are just getting too used to this kind of behavior from politicians. From BJs in the oval office to gay sex in an airport bathroom, Anthony Weiner's indiscretions are small potatoes. As a politician, you pretty much have to rape a child to surprise anybody anymore.

Bingo.....

Caligula is no doubt cheering from his tomb.....The "Lords and Ladies" that we "elect" USED to be the cream of the crop. I shudder to think of that now. If, indeed, these "People" are the best we can do - we doomed - just like the Roman Empire.

You don't think politicians have always cheated on their wives? Look at Thomas Jefferson. How many children did he have with his slave?
Great men and politicians have cheated since the beginning. It's just a lot easier to get caught now, and wives don't always ignore it these days.

People are just getting too used to this kind of behavior from politicians. From BJs in the oval office to gay sex in an airport bathroom, Anthony Weiner's indiscretions are small potatoes. As a politician, you pretty much have to rape a child to surprise anybody anymore.

Bingo.....

You don't think politicians have always cheated on their wives? Look at Thomas Jefferson. How many children did he have with his slave?
Great men and politicians have cheated since the beginning. It's just a lot easier to get caught now, and wives don't always ignore it these days.

Ignore it ? Hell wives do it. You've come a long way baby

Bingo.....

Ignore it ? Hell wives do it. You've come a long way baby

They probably always did it too. :D

If I was a rich Martha Washington I would have had a few boy toys. ;)

Bingo.....

I've always wondered about this..

Is sex with a slave consensual?

Or is it rape?

Bingo.....

Or is it rape?

Not sure...
But the weird part of it all. The slave Jefferson had children with was his wife's half sister.

Bingo.....

How many of them, when caught, accused their political opponents of felonies in an effort to clear their name?

All of you are wrapped up in how what he did is not out of the ordinary.

The act itself is not. Many have done it.

What makes it unique is that he actually tried to capitalize on it politically. He accused his political opponents of hacking into his account....a federal crime....knowing dam well that they did not.

Jeez...the man screwed up and he actually tried to gain political points with it.

Why are you all ignoring this?

Bingo.....

Or is it rape?

Seeing as a slave did not have rights, it was neither rape NOR consensual. It was simply one of the "benefits" of owning a slave.

Pathetic. How sick were we back then?

Bingo.....

How many of them, when caught, accused their political opponents of felonies in an effort to clear their name?

What makes it unique is that he actually tried to capitalize on it politically. He accused his political opponents of hacking into his account....a federal crime....knowing dam well that they did not.

Jeez...the man screwed up and he actually tried to gain political points with it.

Because that was not the subject of the thread. Read the OP.

He did try to blame others, which was wrong. But how did The people who released a picture of his penis get said picture? Did the girl give it to them?

He did try to blame others, which was wrong. But how did The people who released a picture of his penis get said picture? Did the girl give it to them?

the rise of Weiner is the subject of the thread.

When one posts a picture using any of the internet venues, it is posted as public property. One does not need to hack to get it....and I am sure if one had hacked, they would have been found out by now.

Furthermore, his claim was not that his political opponents hacked and stole the picture.

His claim was that his political opponents created the picture and then hacked into his account so it could be planted in his account implying it was he who took and posted the picture.

I see your angle Luissa. Make the discussion about the actual texting and photos and then compare it to "other men who have done the same".....I see it here in NY everyday on the local news. No mention of how he tried to pin it on other people and make his opponents look like criminals. Just talk of how "Sanford was no different"

But the truth is, this was different.

He screwed up, got caught and then found a way to capitalize on it politically.

That is a very dangerous characteristic in a person who is seeking the highest position in one of the worlds largest cities.

When one posts a picture using any of the internet venues, it is posted as public property. One does not need to hack to get it....and I am sure if one had hacked, they would have been found out by now.

Furthermore, his claim was not that his political opponents hacked and stole the picture.

His claim was that his political opponents created the picture and then hacked into his account so it could be planted in his account implying it was he who took and posted the picture.

I see your angle Luissa. Make the discussion about the actual texting and photos and then compare it to "other men who have done the same".....I see it here in NY everyday on the local news. No mention of how he tried to pin it on other people and make his opponents look like criminals. Just talk of how "Sanford was no different"

That is a very dangerous characteristic in a person who is seeking the highest position in one of the worlds largest cities.

Actually it was about Lumpy assuming democrats practice the same sort of Internet activity and that only democrats do that sort of thing. Do you agree?

And Sanford is different. He lied to the people ego protect him, his wife, and his staff. They thought he had gone missing while hiking. He also used public funds to travel to Argentina, why else would he have reimbursed the state?
And when they thought he was missing did they use tax dollars to search for him?
So yes the two are different, Sanford wasted tax dollars on his affair.

Actually it was about Lumpy assuming democrats practice the same sort of Internet activity and that only democrats do that sort of thing. Do you agree?

And Sanford is different. He lied to the people ego protect him, his wife, and his staff. They thought he had gone missing while hiking. He also used public funds to travel to Argentina, why else would he have reimbursed the state?
And when they thought he was missing did they use tax dollars to search for him?

I just posed the question, you did the assumption.

Plus, it's fun, to poke fun, at the Democrats Weiner.

Jealous of their larger weiners?

Jealous of their larger weiners?

Not jealous..amused at the abundance of Democrats that are weiners and their weiner protection squads...:lol:

Last edited:

The leftists must excuse the outrageous behavior of their chosen pols by saying "everyone does it." Then they must make bizarre comparisons to support that. So Wiener texted pics of his dick to young girls. That becomes exactly the same as Larry Craig, no longer in office, doing something not quite kosher in the men's room of an airport. Or exactly the same as Mark Sanford cheating on his wife with another woman. Never mind those things are hardly similar in any way shape or form. They must be the same, because to admit otherwise is to admit Democrats have a big moral problem.
And even if it is exactly the same, so what? Does that make it OK? If Democrats don't demand accountability from their own representatives, what does that say about them? Republicans usually do demand accountability, which is why they tend to resign in scandals like that. Democrats just figure out how to blame someone else and ask forgiveness.

Forum List

Back