Demographics of the Insurrectionists

I don't think they were voters at all by and large. Not everyone votes... About 1/2 of the nation doesn't vote in presidential elections; far fewer vote in off year elections.
You really want to stick with that defense? The most active and ardent anti-republicans not voting? Give me a break. The people who don't vote are my grandparents, people who are too old, too tired, and just don't care any more. BLM rioters and Jan. 6 rioters were political zealots, I assure you, they vote.

You really want to stick with that defense?
Since it is 100% fact based, sure.
The most active and ardent anti-republicans not voting? Give me a break.
Statistics blow your statement out of the water.
The people who don't vote are my grandparents, people who are too old, too tired, and just don't care any more. BLM rioters and Jan. 6 rioters were political zealots, I assure you, they vote.

Not sure what you're smoking but your statement is about the dumbest. thing. ever. written. full stop.

1639762772721.png

Its been known for about 2 centuries that the younger one is the less likely they are to vote or work in politics.

Since it is 100% fact based, sure.

Statistics blow your statement out of the water.

Not sure what you're smoking but your statement is about the dumbest. thing. ever. written. full stop.

View attachment 576784
Its been known for about 2 centuries that the younger one is the less likely they are to vote or work in politics.

Your lackluster statistics from 2012 does not point out the fact that over the past couple of years, Younger people have been more and more active in politics, especially for the democrat side. I thought you could do better than a nearly ten year old poll.

They're average age was 45.

A very old crowd.

No wonder there were so many heart attacks.
If they were what you say and from the right, then the Capitol Building would not be standing right now. Those arrested deserve better. And these things are not forgotten as Progs keep building up the prison of America..

Nice post, Candy.
If you were planning a huge outdoor event. And NYC detectives and law enforcement warned you 2 weeks before trouble could incite. And you had 2 weeks advanced warning.

What would you do? There are only 2 possible answers

Now that I have a little time here at the end of the year, I was catching up on some old Podcasts. Two of which highlighted an Atlantic Magazine article from February. Their team analyzed the demographics of the 1/6 insurrectionists and they found some, what I thought, were surprising commonalities. I'll start at the end....

Why?

View attachment 576751

It explains the anger...the trump voters were marginalized and this was one way they can lash out.

View attachment 576753

The article continues:

"First, the attack on the Capitol was unmistakably an act of political violence, not merely an exercise in vandalism or trespassing amid a disorderly protest that had spiraled out of control. The overwhelming reason for action, cited again and again in court documents, was that arrestees were following Trump’s orders to keep Congress from certifying Joe Biden as the presidential-election winner. Dozens of arrestees, court records indicate, made statements explaining their intentions in detail on social media or in interviews with the FBI. “I am incredibly proud to be a patriot today,” wrote a 37-year-old man from Beverly Hills, California, “to stand up tall in defense of liberty & the Constitution, to support Trump & #MAGAforever, & to send the message: WE ARE NEVER CONCEDING A STOLEN ELECTION.”

Lots of good stuff and statistical breakdowns.

Popcorn brain the insurrection happen all throughout 2016 - 2020.

Now that I have a little time here at the end of the year, I was catching up on some old Podcasts. Two of which highlighted an Atlantic Magazine article from February. Their team analyzed the demographics of the 1/6 insurrectionists and they found some, what I thought, were surprising commonalities. I'll start at the end....

Why?

View attachment 576751

It explains the anger...the trump voters were marginalized and this was one way they can lash out.

View attachment 576753

The article continues:

"First, the attack on the Capitol was unmistakably an act of political violence, not merely an exercise in vandalism or trespassing amid a disorderly protest that had spiraled out of control. The overwhelming reason for action, cited again and again in court documents, was that arrestees were following Trump’s orders to keep Congress from certifying Joe Biden as the presidential-election winner. Dozens of arrestees, court records indicate, made statements explaining their intentions in detail on social media or in interviews with the FBI. “I am incredibly proud to be a patriot today,” wrote a 37-year-old man from Beverly Hills, California, “to stand up tall in defense of liberty & the Constitution, to support Trump & #MAGAforever, & to send the message: WE ARE NEVER CONCEDING A STOLEN ELECTION.”

Lots of good stuff and statistical breakdowns.

No fat chicks?

Forum List

Back