Dems begin to panic as Trump set to transform federal judiciary

Trump is unbelievably well-positioned to fill up federal courts with lifetime judges. He inherited a whopping 108 court vacancies when he became president – double the number of vacancies President Barack Obama inherited when he took office.

The left adores judges who believe that their job is to make society better by interpreting laws in new and creative ways. Once leftists discovered they could make up stuff like the "penumbra" of the Constitution and that judges could pretend their policy choices were required by law, despite no direct wording to that effect, the door was open to impose the Progressive Agenda without all the messiness of approving legislation in Congress, where the people have a voice.

That undemocratic – indeed, anti-democratic – approach to governing, wherein the elite discusses theories in academic journals, and then activist judges impose those theories as law, is popular among the cultural elite, because they believe themselves to be something like philosopher-kings, entitled to rule others by their superior wisdom. Their cultural preferences, such as same-sex marriage, gain the authority of law thereby.

Restoring a judiciary that believes its job is to interpret, not make up, the law is a reform that cannot happen fast enough.

Read more: Blog: Dems begin to panic as Trump set to transform federal judiciary
I think it was pretty undemocratic for the Republicans under Obama not to take action on his nominees to fill those court vacancies when they were supposed to. It was their strategy, in hopes of loading the courts when a Republican won the WH. You're PROUD of that?
. He should be proud, because appointing leftist judges to a bench is insane.
Well, I'm not entranced with a bunch of right leaning judges unfairly flooding a system that is supposed to take fair turn and turn about.
Frankly, I think anyone who's ever declared themselves a member of either major party should be summarily prohibited from appointment or election as a jurist.
Why? Registering as unaffiliated doesn't make anyone less "opinionated."
It makes one unbeholden to a party.

Trump is unbelievably well-positioned to fill up federal courts with lifetime judges. He inherited a whopping 108 court vacancies when he became president – double the number of vacancies President Barack Obama inherited when he took office.

The left adores judges who believe that their job is to make society better by interpreting laws in new and creative ways. Once leftists discovered they could make up stuff like the "penumbra" of the Constitution and that judges could pretend their policy choices were required by law, despite no direct wording to that effect, the door was open to impose the Progressive Agenda without all the messiness of approving legislation in Congress, where the people have a voice.

That undemocratic – indeed, anti-democratic – approach to governing, wherein the elite discusses theories in academic journals, and then activist judges impose those theories as law, is popular among the cultural elite, because they believe themselves to be something like philosopher-kings, entitled to rule others by their superior wisdom. Their cultural preferences, such as same-sex marriage, gain the authority of law thereby.

Restoring a judiciary that believes its job is to interpret, not make up, the law is a reform that cannot happen fast enough.

Read more: Blog: Dems begin to panic as Trump set to transform federal judiciary
I think it was pretty undemocratic for the Republicans under Obama not to take action on his nominees to fill those court vacancies when they were supposed to. It was their strategy, in hopes of loading the courts when a Republican won the WH. You're PROUD of that?

Elections have consequences!
I wish the elections had meted out consequences for what the Republicans did to twist the rules. It was dirty.

Twist what rules?

Wow, you libs let your imaginations run crazy!

Why do you have to make shit up in order to make yourselves feel better about your pathetic choices in life?
I don't know what my life choices have to do with the price of eggs, but refusing to hold hearings on Merrick Garland and slow-boating over 100 nominations to fill vacancies on the courts in order to stack those vacancies with right leaning justices was dirty politics and an abrogation of your responsibilities. I hope every one of the justices you appoint now will behave as justices should, and leave their personal opinions on the topics of the day at home.

The left started this with Judge Bork back in the 80s and continued it ever since.......they blocked George W. judges......and again...it is the way things are set up.......if you have the power you can stop the other guys judges...that is the way the system was set up...to weaken the accumulation of power....our system does not give power for ever........we have checks and balances..it is really the best system in the world....

The terrorist attacks in this country have NOT been carried out by refugees from these countries. The majority have been homegrown or here since they were young children. The travel ban wouldn't have protected us at all and it still won't. What we need to do is focus on how radicalization is succeeding here. That and immigrants from Pakistan and Saudi Arabia, which are not on the list. This is a feel good move by the President to assuage idiots. It will not make anyone safer.
"Home grown" means their parents came from one of these countries. The reality is that many people from these countries have been caught planning terrorist attacks, and in Europe many people conducting terrorist attacks came directly from one of these countries.
One day, there will be another major terror attack in this country. I think we can safely assume that. Let's get back to what the E.O. actually says. A 90 day temporary ban (120 days for some) from those countries is not going to do squat. The people who planned those attacks in our country but were caught--were they refugees? Or people here on Visas? Or people here illegally? From where? Do you know? I don't.

ISIS is a frame of mind that won't go away once Raqqa and Mosul are free of them. What to do about changing that frame of mind is a lot more complicated than a 90 day temporary ban from a handful of countries. We did not allow millions of unvetted refugees into our country the way Europe was forced to. Their problems are different from ours. All our refugees are extensively vetted. Passports that are automatically accepted here like Belgium and France open a bigger hole in our security, since many of the European terrorists have also been second generation from those countries.

Enhancing security and vetting procedures is the only answer that will actually make a difference. There is no reason why that could not have already been done except that the administration wouldn't, because they were pouting that they couldn't have their little ban.

The people with the ISIS "frame of mind" largely come from the countries on Trump's list. The perpetrators of all the terrorist attacks came from Muslim countries or are the children of people from these countries. Allow Muslims to immigrate to this country is the original cause of the problem. It needs to stop right now. These people are hostile to our society.

Hire Canadian sharpshooters. Just a few days ago a Canadian sharpshooter shot down a Syrian Mig from a range just over two miles using a shoulder held .50 cal rifle. Bore diameter of the shoulder held rifle is one half of an inch. The Canadian sharpshooter set the new record.

I doubt a sharp-shooter can shoot down a Mig.

You can shoot the pilot when he is off post at the local bar....

READ THIS IGNORANT IMBECILE!!!
" Unless somebody has nothing better to do with their time, they are not going to spend half a day to create some sort of study to satisfy you; "

Which, is why it's a waste of MY time to even give cretins like you the time of day.
CHILDREN that think they know everything (or ANYTHING ) are just so damned annoying.Good for comedy value though!
Poor Goober guy stuck in an OHIO shithole!

Great, we can make lynching legal again.
Nothing like following a piece of paper written by slave owners and slave rapists.
What a thing to live by

" Unless somebody has nothing better to do with their time, they are not going to spend half a day to create some sort of study to satisfy you; "

Which, is why it's a waste of MY time to even give cretins like you the time of day.
CHILDREN that think they know everything (or ANYTHING ) are just so damned annoying.Good for comedy value though!

Are you back again troll? Did the teen chat room kick you out again? I see you're such a genius you still haven't figured out how to use the quote feature. Not to worry, maybe you'll figure it out in a couple of years.

I see you're up to 622 posts now in less than two days. Pretty impressive for a guy that has such an important life that he can't spend all of it here on USMB like us losers (I believe that's the word you used for me).

Carry on troll, and let's see if you can make it to 1,000 posts by the end of the weekend.

Are you back again troll? Did the teen chat room kick you out again? I see you're such a genius you still haven't figured out how to use the quote feature. Not to worry, maybe you'll figure it out in a couple of years.

I see you're up to 622 posts now in less than two days. Pretty impressive for a guy that has such an important life that he can't spend all of it here on USMB like us losers (I believe that's the word you used for me).

Carry on troll, and let's see if you can make it to 1,000 posts by the end of the weekend.

You are a funny guy.
Pathetic and stupid, but funny.I'll work on your helpful suggestions.
It's 104 at my house. I guess I'll get my wife and return to the beach for dinner!
You? Some cheap rib joint.
SURE WISH I LIVED IN CLEVELAND!!!!
Oh, and I have 33 posts.Easy mistake, 622, 33 same thing.
Hilarious.

The terrorist attacks in this country have NOT been carried out by refugees from these countries. The majority have been homegrown or here since they were young children. The travel ban wouldn't have protected us at all and it still won't. What we need to do is focus on how radicalization is succeeding here. That and immigrants from Pakistan and Saudi Arabia, which are not on the list. This is a feel good move by the President to assuage idiots. It will not make anyone safer.
"Home grown" means their parents came from one of these countries. The reality is that many people from these countries have been caught planning terrorist attacks, and in Europe many people conducting terrorist attacks came directly from one of these countries.
One day, there will be another major terror attack in this country. I think we can safely assume that. Let's get back to what the E.O. actually says. A 90 day temporary ban (120 days for some) from those countries is not going to do squat. The people who planned those attacks in our country but were caught--were they refugees? Or people here on Visas? Or people here illegally? From where? Do you know? I don't.

ISIS is a frame of mind that won't go away once Raqqa and Mosul are free of them. What to do about changing that frame of mind is a lot more complicated than a 90 day temporary ban from a handful of countries. We did not allow millions of unvetted refugees into our country the way Europe was forced to. Their problems are different from ours. All our refugees are extensively vetted. Passports that are automatically accepted here like Belgium and France open a bigger hole in our security, since many of the European terrorists have also been second generation from those countries.

Enhancing security and vetting procedures is the only answer that will actually make a difference. There is no reason why that could not have already been done except that the administration wouldn't, because they were pouting that they couldn't have their little ban.

The people with the ISIS "frame of mind" largely come from the countries on Trump's list. The perpetrators of all the terrorist attacks came from Muslim countries or are the children of people from these countries. Allow Muslims to immigrate to this country is the original cause of the problem. It needs to stop right now. These people are hostile to our society.
. What, and stop the open agenda to turn America into a majority brown skin country that will someday destroy the supposed white power/white devil in this country once and for all ??

An open agenda? LMAO.

Now there's a statement based in ignorance the defies logic to explain.

There's no agenda that is changing the population demographic. It's called evolution Cletis.

That is going to happen whether you like it or not, or who you elect to office or not.

And it's happening at a very fast pace. How fast?

By 2045, people that look like you will only account for 50% of the population.

Guess who represents the other half?

Of that 50% that will remain that looks like you. How many of them do you think will think like you?

You are not only headed to minority status as a demographic. You are headed to an even smaller minority ideology.

Only an idiot still tries to live like their parents or their grandparents. Who ironically enough worked their asses of so you would move forward and not think like them.

Looks like in your case they failed.

The problem with people that think like you, is you live in a fantasy world where you think you can move far enough away, or vote for a politician, or buy your way to the world you perceive that doesn't exist.

It's the parable of the tortoise and the hare.

Better look over your shoulder there mr. hare, because the tortoise is catching up.

See you at the finish line.
. Well thanks for the confirmation of your open agenda... Wow, you people are getting more and more honest... Scary... LOL

Great, we can make lynching legal again.
Nothing like following a piece of paper written by slave owners and slave rapists.
What a thing to live by
heh - always gotta run off to the far extreme and try to make that "normal" behavior.

those days have about run their course and the shock value of associating someone with that behavior has worn itself out. maybe both sides use that tactic too much to have anyone believe it anymore.

like racism - no one believes that cry much anymore. sad cause it will only hurt the real cases of it out there cause the word has been so watered down.

"End the drug war, right wingers. Laissez-fair, all the way."

They always need wars.Always need an enemy. Always need fear.Always need to kill and put in prison.
It's their cowardly fascist nature.Inferior human beings, always afraid.

"End the drug war, right wingers. Laissez-fair, all the way."

They always need wars.Always need an enemy. Always need fear.Always need to kill and put in prison.
It's their cowardly fascist nature.Inferior human beings, always afraid.

Yeah, don't you just hate that?

Why are the democrats, not "demonizing" the right more; Our One Percenter in Chief believes it is capitally acceptable, to make the rich richer and the poor, poorer, via Institutional means. Public policy means the right wing cedes their position regarding "blaming the poor for being poor" under our current regime.

Yes, they do. I'm not talking about the right ripping the US apart here, I'm talking about partisan politics ripping the US apart, partisan left and partisan right doing everything they can to win, win, WIN. Who gives a fuck about anything else? Education? Nah, it's just a tool for winning.

Education is just one of the many things Democrats wish to fund at the cost of the taxpayer.

But we do fund education. In fact, we spend more per capita than any other industrialized nation in the world. In spite of having mediocre results, the Democrat policy is to spend even more. The definition of insanity is...............

My point was that both sides us education as a tool to "win", rather than using it as a method of improving society. The Republicans aren't better than the Democrats.

I follow politics pretty closely and I don't recall any Republican calling for more school spending. I've heard of reform, I've heard them talk about getting rid of the teachers union, but not just throwing money at the problem as a solution.

Okay, and what does this have to do with what I'm talking about?

As far as I can tell I've heard many prominent Republicans talk about school vouchers. And we've had this discussion, haven't we? Remember the one where you started harping on about choice? About how choice is the most important thing? How choice is so fucking good it could make you wet yourself? And then we spoke about electoral reform and you didn't want choice because choice isn't good, it's bad, it's so bad it'll make you wet yourself? Remember that one? I do.

The whole point of school vouchers isn't choice, it's funneling money out of education and back into the pockets of rich people who, apparently, need the money.

Now, the Republicans are talking about getting rid of school unions, not to improve education, but to make it cheaper, so they can give the money to rich people instead of teachers. Yeah. I know that one too.

Don't try and bullshit me pretending that the Republican Party in the main wants to "improve" education. yes, they want to "improve" education in their own vision, which is cheaper and doesn't provide a threat to their private school educated children.

Vouchers are given to poor people who cannot afford private school themselves. Yes, it is taking it out of the system, but putting it back into the system, just in a different location. Republicans are not "funneling" the money anywhere. The parent gets to choose which school their chid will attend, and that includes public schools.

And that's not throwing more money at the problem. Yes, getting rid of the unions would help education because tenured teachers would not have a guaranteed job as long as they show up for work in the morning. It's one of the reasons unions failed in the private sector; businesses were forced to keep bad workers employed because they had union protection. Without unions, schools would have the freedom to get rid of unproductive teachers and replace them with more productive teachers.
A little off topic but.......I once had a 'union job'.
I never witnessed a more slack ass lazy, incompetent, stupid bunch of idiots as the employees.
They knew they could never be fired.
There was actually a weekly prize handed out by the union 'reps' for the employee who could prove they had done the least amount of work that week.
The award was known as 'The Dog Balls Award'.

Who gives a damn what the rest of the world thinks? We elected President Trump to care for the American people first and foremost.

Forum List

Back