Denial-of-service tool targeting Healthcare.gov site discovered

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Denial-of-service tool targeting Healthcare.gov site discovered | Ars Technica

Yeah, raise your hand if you had NO IDEA this shit was goin on.

Not that I'd believe you.

Destroy Obama Care.

This program continually displays alternate page of the ObamaCare website. It has no virus, trojans, worms, or cookies.

The purpose is to overload the ObamaCare website, to deny service to users and perhaps overload and crash the system.

You can open as many copies of the program as you want. Each copy opens multiple links to the site.

ObamaCare is an affront to the Constitutional rights of the people. We HAVE the right to CIVIL disobedience!

Destroy Obama Care.

This program continually displays alternate page of the ObamaCare website. It has no virus, trojans, worms, or cookies.

The purpose is to overload the ObamaCare website, to deny service to users and perhaps overload and crash the system.

You can open as many copies of the program as you want. Each copy opens multiple links to the site.

ObamaCare is an affront to the Constitutional rights of the people. We HAVE the right to CIVIL disobedience!

Yeah, sure that's the problem. From YOUR link:

"In a blog post published Thursday, Arbor researcher Marc Eisenbarth said there's no evidence Healthcare.gov has withstood any significant denial-of-service attacks since going live last month. He also said the limited request rate, the lack of significant distribution, and other features of the tool's underlying code made it unlikely that it could play a significant role in taking down the site."

Destroy Obama Care.

Yeah, sure that's the problem. From YOUR link:

"In a blog post published Thursday, Arbor researcher Marc Eisenbarth said there's no evidence Healthcare.gov has withstood any significant denial-of-service attacks since going live last month. He also said the limited request rate, the lack of significant distribution, and other features of the tool's underlying code made it unlikely that it could play a significant role in taking down the site."

/thread

There is nobody out to destroy Obamacare. Nobody. It is self destructing on it's own. My gosh this liberal paranoia is getting absurd now. You should see Interpol's thread accusing someone with cancer of 'lying' about Obamacare.

BD, you're being a parrot. I would suggest you read your links before you post them. Don't selectively quote them either. It's misleading and you know it.

If you want real 'denial of service', just ask the 4.2 million people who lost their insurance because of Obamacare what 'denial of service' means.

There is nobody out to destroy Obamacare. Nobody.​
It is self destructing on it's own. My gosh this liberal paranoia is getting absurd now. You should see Interpol's thread accusing someone with cancer of 'lying' about Obamacare.

BD, you're being a parrot. I would suggest you read your links before you post them. Don't selectively quote them either. It's misleading and you know it.

Nobody except the entire GObP, every Republican and all the t-potties.

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

You're jumping to conclusions Boop:

It's certainly possible that it's the work of critics of President Obama's healthcare legislation. But until we learn more, there's no way to rule out the possibility that it was developed by an Obamacare supporter with the hope of discrediting critics.

Both scenarios are very real but I'm leaning towards the latter because of this:

Document Shows Contractor Warned That HealthCare.gov Couldn?t Handle High Traffic - Nextgov.com

HealthCare.gov, the Obama administration’s troubled online health insurance marketplace, could only handle 1,100 simultaneous users the day before it was launched, according to documents released Wednesday.

Doesn't matter. If it did come out that the R had sabotaged the site, it would be pretty much in keeping with the other crap they've pulled - and gotten away with.

Fox, Limbaugh, Beck - not one rw media site can be trusted and they'd lie about this too. That's why they exist and rw's would fall for it without question.

There is nobody out to destroy Obamacare. Nobody.​
It is self destructing on it's own. My gosh this liberal paranoia is getting absurd now. You should see Interpol's thread accusing someone with cancer of 'lying' about Obamacare.

Nobody except the entire GObP, every Republican and all the t-potties.

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

1391974_10151976998384486_1803523972_n.jpg

Destroy Obama Care.

ROFL

You Obamanists are pathetic.

And you had the NERVE to criticize the Birthers...

Doesn't matter. If it did come out that the R had sabotaged the site, it would be pretty much in keeping with the other crap they've pulled - and gotten away with.

Fox, Limbaugh, Beck - not one rw media site can be trusted and they'd lie about this too. That's why they exist and rw's would fall for it without question.

is anyone surprised you are going to push push push this crap

my gawd you people see a conspiracy around every corner..they are OUT to get that Obama and his OfailCare...:muahaha::muahaha:

Destroy Obama Care.

What a crime.

Wait, it isn't a crime.

Right wing cyber attacks on Healthcare.gov website confirmed - Las Vegas Democrat | Examiner.com

Yesterday, the House Homeland Security Committee published a video on their Youtube page highlighting a portion of the committee questioning Roberta Stempfley, acting assistant secretary of the Department of Homeland Security’s Office of Cyber-security and Communications, who confirmed at least 16 attacks on the Affordable Care Act’s portal Healthcare.gov website in 2013.

Roberta Stempfley highlighted one successful attack that is designed to deny access to the website called a Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack. A DDoS attack is designed to make a network unavailable to intended users, generally through a concerted effort to disrupt service such as repeatedly accessing the servers, saturating them with more traffic than the website is designed to handle.

I'm jumping to conclusions? Do tell.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmmLwW4w-9o]Chairman McCaul Questions Witnesses at Hearing on Cybersecurity of Healthcare.gov - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back