🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Deniers work to hobble US Military

mamooth

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
The stupid, it burns. This is the amendment (to the defense funding bill) the Republican house just passed, ravings about the IPCC and Agenda 21, and demands that the military isn't allowed to plan for global warming.

http://amendments-rules.house.gov/amendments/MCCLIMATE51914080929929.pdf

---
None of the funds authorized to be appropriated or
otherwise made available by this Act may be used to imple-
ment the U.S. Global Change Research Program National
Climate Assessment, the Intergovernmental Panel on Cli-
mate Change’s Fifth Assessment Report, the United Na-
tion’s Agenda 21 sustainable development plan, or the
May 2013 Technical Update of the Social Cost of Carbon
for Regulatory Impact Analysis Under Executive Order
---

The military has been planning for global warming for a long time, independent of any administration. Good thing we now have Republicans to micromanage the military and tell them exactly what security measures they can and can't take. But so what if it harms US security? These are deniers, and their loyalty is to their cult/party, not their country.

(This isn't a done deal. The senate will pass their own version of the bill, and then the differences will be reconciled during conference.)

And on Memorial Day, even. That represents a new low for Frank, the way he's proudly telling the military that it requires the wisdom of crybaby right wing kooks to micromanage defense policy.

Last edited:
The stupid, it burns. This is the amendment (to the defense funding bill) the Republican house just passed, ravings about the IPCC and Agenda 21, and demands that the military isn't allowed to plan for global warming.

http://amendments-rules.house.gov/amendments/MCCLIMATE51914080929929.pdf

---
None of the funds authorized to be appropriated or
otherwise made available by this Act may be used to imple-
ment the U.S. Global Change Research Program National
Climate Assessment, the Intergovernmental Panel on Cli-
mate Change’s Fifth Assessment Report, the United Na-
tion’s Agenda 21 sustainable development plan, or the
May 2013 Technical Update of the Social Cost of Carbon
for Regulatory Impact Analysis Under Executive Order
---

The military has been planning for global warming for a long time, independent of any administration. Good thing we now have Republicans to micromanage the military and tell them exactly what security measures they can and can't take. But so what if it harms US security? These are deniers, and their loyalty is to their cult/party, not their country.

(This isn't a done deal. The senate will pass their own version of the bill, and then the differences will be reconciled during conference.)

What kind of planning does the military need to do for a hoax? Even if ti wasn't a giant con, what military planning would it require? It's like planning for continental drift.

I support this bill 100%.

Is Climate Change Real? The Pentagon Sure Thinks So - NBC News
---
“For DoD, this is a mission reality, not a political debate,” said Mark Wright, a Pentagon spokesman. “The scientific forecast is for more Arctic ice melt, more sea-level rise, more intense storms, more flooding from storm surge, and more drought.

“Those changes shape the future operating environment, help us predict missions we'll have to undertake, and create challenges and constraints on how we operate on our bases,” Wright said. “We're taking sensible measured steps to mitigate the mission risk posed by climate change."
---

Alas, the denier strategy is more like "If I smash my bathroom scale, it means I'm not getting fat."

Last edited:
Is Climate Change Real? The Pentagon Sure Thinks So - NBC News
---
“For DoD, this is a mission reality, not a political debate,” said Mark Wright, a Pentagon spokesman. “The scientific forecast is for more Arctic ice melt, more sea-level rise, more intense storms, more flooding from storm surge, and more drought.

“Those changes shape the future operating environment, help us predict missions we'll have to undertake, and create challenges and constraints on how we operate on our bases,” Wright said. “We're taking sensible measured steps to mitigate the mission risk posed by climate change."
---

Alas, the denier strategy is more like "If I smash my bathroom scale, it means I'm not getting fat."
So what you are saying is that the bill in question wasn't needed anyway.

:doubt:

I'm curious what Representative McKinley believes he would be accomplishing with this addendum. It appears that he wants no defense dollars spent on increasing or improving our knowledge of climate issues (sadly funny to see folks advocating for ignorance). The restrictions listed would not, so far as I can tell, prevent the Defense Department from conducting contingency planning involving the effects of global warming predicted in AR5 or by any of these organizations/agencies into account since the named documents don't call for any specific Defense Department actions. It looks to me as if Representative McKinley doesn't know what he's doing. At all.

Last edited:
And on Memorial Day, even. That represents a new low for Frank, the way he's proudly telling the military that it requires the wisdom of crybaby right wing kooks to micromanage defense policy.

Rare neg for being a total fuckhead

Sent from smartphone using my wits and Taptalk

Forum List

Back