Deputy accused of handcuffing third-graders in school: video

Today's misbehaving 8-year-old is tomorrow's psycho serial-killer thug.

Or DNC Chairperson

B0VXHXZCEAApygA.jpg

The boy has ADHD, I volunteered in my boys school all of the time and one of the boys would get bullied and act out an hour later. This cop will get fired and this poor boy will now have ADHD and now PTSD..

Highly unlikely the cop gets fired. Thanks to conservatives there is nearly zero accountability for bad behavior among law enforcement.
There is a federal case and it also involves the boy and a 9 year old girl...Seems little girls are to hard to handle for the officer also...

Did you ever consider the children may be restrained to protect themselves from injury?

th

Far better idea than handcuffs

Fuck That!!! I'd rather be handcuffed!!

It has been more than three decades since Ronald Reagan escalated Nixon's poorly conceived War On Drugs into the social monstrosity it's become and the results have been totally negative. Recreational drugs of every kind are more available today than they were when this debacle was commenced and they cost less. What we have to show for more than a trillion dollars wasted on this glaring failure is a prison industrial complex with the world's largest inmate population, millions of lives ruined by unnecessarily severe criminal penalties, and an increasingly militarized authoritarian disposition on the part of our local police agencies.

The boy has ADHD, I volunteered in my boys school all of the time and one of the boys would get bullied and act out an hour later. This cop will get fired and this poor boy will now have ADHD and now PTSD..

Highly unlikely the cop gets fired. Thanks to conservatives there is nearly zero accountability for bad behavior among law enforcement.
There is a federal case and it also involves the boy and a 9 year old girl...Seems little girls are to hard to handle for the officer also...

Did you ever consider the children may be restrained to protect themselves from injury?

th

JUSTIFY and RATIONALIZE...

Depending on the particular problems the children have, I can see the need for the children needing restrained.

I would NOT advocate that particular method.

Agreed, but I also think kids with those sorts of problems need to be in schools designed to deal with them.
Thank libs for terms like "mainstreaming" and "least restrictive environment".

Someone should do a study on the relationship between "inclusiveness" and long term national test score decline.

With NO CHILD ALLOWED AHEAD, the creation of the "504's", and general flooding of the classroom with Special Ed, it is a wonder any kid comes out more than barely literate.

th

HUH?

th

HUH?

You dont know what words mean?

th

HUH?

Indeed, I know what both of those words mean.

WTF do they have do with my post?

th

HUH?

Indeed, I know what both of those words mean.

WTF do they have do with my post?

You pretending this was done to protect the kids and not as a power trip which you can clearly see from the tape

and WTF did I say that was done in the tape was ok?

I stated that some children need to be restrained, to prevent them from hurting themselves, but handcuffs were NOT the way to do it, and took the time to look up, then cut and paste, a better method for doing so.

any 'pretending' was between your ears.

Depending on the particular problems the children have, I can see the need for the children needing restrained.

I would NOT advocate that particular method.
Agreed, but I also think kids with those sorts of problems need to be in schools designed to deal with them.
I agree. I saw this on the news today and it was said that the cop was being sued for what he did and I saw how the kid was restrained. If them cuffs had cut off that kid's circulation, a lawsuit would have been the least of that cop's worries! He would be underneath the jail house if it were my child that he was messing with in such a way!!!

God bless you and the child always!!!

Holly

If handcuff in isn't the answer....WHY do we call cops to deal with unruly children? They aren't counsors. They aren't baby sitters.

If handcuff in isn't the answer....WHY do we call cops to deal with unruly children? They aren't counsors. They aren't baby sitters.
If your only tool is a hammer it follows that you will treat every problem like a nail. Through the increasingly common facility of videotape it's becoming increasingly clear what most cops are about and what to expect from them.

Time will tell what the outcome will be.

Last edited:
I agree. I saw this on the news today and it was said that the cop was being sued for what he did and I saw how the kid was restrained. If them cuffs had cut off that kid's circulation, a lawsuit would have been the least of that cop's worries! He would be underneath the jail house if it were my child that he was messing with in such a way!!!

God bless you and the child always!!!

Holly
I doubt the experience was physically harmful to those kids in any way. But the militaristic, redundantly authoritarian character our police personnel have assumed is becoming increasingly apparent to all levels of society -- including the children. Americans are being introduced to this new reality at a very early age. Today's lesson is, cops = bad.

This is not to ignore the fact that the ignorant moron who called the police to deal with those children should be fired

Anybody surprised that the left wing bigots worry about Kentucky while kids are shot by gang bangers on the streets of Baltimore, Detroit and L.A.every day?

Anybody surprised that the left wing bigots worry about Kentucky while kids are shot by gang bangers on the streets of Baltimore, Detroit and L.A.every day?
Ever notice how the birds avoid your place?

If your only tool is a hammer it follows that you will treat every problem like a nail. Through the increasingly common facility of videotape it's becoming increasingly clear what most cops are about and what to expect from them.

Time will tell what the outcome will be.

Ok
So again...WHY call them for child discipline? Parents and teachers do that shit daily. Since when did the men with guns become Nanny 911?

Society demands cops be the answer to all problems. THAT is half the problem in itself.

Forum List

Back