DeSantis appointees begin reshaping Disney World's district

One of the Carolinas. There is a thread about it on this board.

Then there was the offer by the Colorado Governor and a local official for a county in Texas.

[Disclaimer: With Disney Land in California and the water issues out west Disney would be nuts to move anywhere west of the Mississippi.]

WW

Where is Disney moving to?

Every State, including my own Georgia is probably sucking up to Disney right now. We are talking half a million jobs. Billions in revenue. Billions in taxes collected. What State doesn’t want that?

Every State, including my own Georgia is probably sucking up to Disney right now. We are talking half a million jobs. Billions in revenue. Billions in taxes collected. What State doesn’t want that?
Alabama? Mississippi? Idaho? South and North Dakota? You're funny.

Alabama? Mississippi? Idaho? South and North Dakota? You're funny.

A legislator in North Carolina has submitted a bill to make it very attractive for Disney to move there. Georgia is notorious for giving sweetheart deals to companies to set up shop in the State. They just gave such a deal to Hyundai to build a manufacturing plant near Savannah. There is a similar plant for Kia near Atlanta.

So put Georgia on the list. As I said. Who wouldn’t?

A legislator in North Carolina has submitted a bill to make it very attractive for Disney to move there. Georgia is notorious for giving sweetheart deals to companies to set up shop in the State. They just gave such a deal to Hyundai to build a manufacturing plant near Savannah. There is a similar plant for Kia near Atlanta.

So put Georgia on the list. As I said. Who wouldn’t?
But you said "everywhere".

where was your big mouth on the shooting of innocents in Covenant school in nashville.

You know why people are buying so many guns right now...and some are using them when they probably shouldn't? BECAUSE of increase in crime because soros back asshole democrat DAs won't prosecute. Police in dem areas won't arrest..many are afraid to. The left turns criminals into martyrs and actual innocent victims are ignored as if they don''t exist. The democrats under the Biden Regime encourage certain groups to commit violence because they're told some other group wants to eliminate them. And then there's the problem of open borders for illegals, insane, terrorists, rapists, drug runners, coyotes and the chinese!!!! Crime is rising because the democrats REFUSE To address the rising crime, and lie about the origin and causes. THEIR idea is to remove guns from a population who wants to protect its home and family members and let criminals run wild.

This. 100%.

Is CFA receiving special privileges that other fast food chicken joints aren't?

Universal Studios which is there too receives the same privileges. In fact they claim several that aren’t really meant for them.

So what is the difference? Universal didn’t dare speak out against the Governor.

You do understand Florida can’t afford to lose Disney don’t you? Disney employs nearly half a million people directly. Disney pays a couple billion in taxes to the State. They bring seventy five billion in revenue to the area. If they leave Florida would see a huge spike in unemployment and have to cut their state budget by nearly 5%.

All while having to pay unemployment to a million or more recently unemployed people.

When you say "Disney employs nearly half a million people directly", are you referring to Disney World, Epcot, etc exclusively, or are you including support jobs such as vendors, contractors etc?
The reason I ask is Disney World itself employs around 75,000.

When you say "Disney employs nearly half a million people directly", are you referring to Disney World, Epcot, etc exclusively, or are you including support jobs such as vendors, contractors etc?
The reason I ask is Disney World itself employs around 75,000.

True, Disney has about 77K employees.

However, I guess the question would be are jobs of vendors who supply goods and services to Disney, considered the be employed as a direct result of Disney.

WW

True, Disney has about 77K employees.

However, I guess the question would be are jobs of vendors who supply goods and services to Disney, considered the be employed as a direct result of Disney.

WW

There's no doubt there would be a lot of Florida jobs lost, other than actual Disney employees. Imagine the loss in the hospitality industry.

By the way...............................

Disney begins second round of layoffs as company aims to cut 7,000 jobs by summer​

Disney (DIS) will lay off thousands of more workers this week as it looks to slash 7,000 jobs by the summer.

This week marks the second round of job cuts following a first round that began the week of March 27. Disney officials said Monday that at the completion of this second wave, 4,000 jobs will be eliminated.

The eliminations will occur across the company’s business segments, including Disney Entertainment, ESPN, and Disney Parks, Experiences and Products. They will also happen across the country, from Burbank to New York and Connecticut.

Disney sues Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis over control of self-governing district​

The Walt Disney Co. on Wednesday filed a lawsuit in federal court against Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis and other state officials alleging a "targeted campaign of government retaliation," according to a statement from the entertainment giant.

Disney and DeSantis have been embroiled in a feud over Walt Disney World's self-governing privileges in the Orlando area, which possible Republican presidential contender has threatened to revoke. The corporation is one of the state's largest employers.

Disney sues Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis over control of self-governing district​

Here is the link to the filing.

What I find interesting is that it references the action taken by the board today. That means this 77 page complaint has been in the works for awhile, was ready to go, and they were waiting for the current board to try to void the current contract.

WW

Since Disney is not a sovereign entity, DeSantis ought to set Disney World on fire and burn it down to the ground. I bet that the voting majority in Florida will gladly approve of using tax money to pay any civil judgment that may arise for damages if it means that it get the Disney perverts out of their state.

Forum List

Back