DeSantis, Once a ‘No’ on Storm Aid, Petitions a President He’s Bashed

Inflation has been considerably higher

Gas is almost back to normal price. Certainly not record at $3.40/gal

What "energy prices are you talking about?

"Consumer demands"?

WTF are you babbling about

record number crossing? Nope

Worst stock market? What planet are you on?

You are insane

None of which has to do with the hypocrisy of bitching about Federal aid for other states and then begging for it for your state
You lie... I just spent $3.50 per gallon yesterday when I filled up.

Inflation has been considerably higher

Gas is almost back to normal price. Certainly not record at $3.40/gal

What "energy prices are you talking about?

"Consumer demands"?

WTF are you babbling about

record number crossing? Nope

Worst stock market? What planet are you on?

You are insane

None of which has to do with the hypocrisy of bitching about Federal aid for other states and then begging for it for your state
Gas is on the rise again, jumped 40 cent in one day. Inflation said to rise more. People are fixing to see around 30% increase in energy cost this winter, and the housing market fixing to crash. I guess we are seeing what cheating gets us, karma is I bitch. Too bad everyone is going to feel it, not just you cheaters.

I can't stand DeSatan, but that should have absolutely nothing to do with it. Those people are in need and should get whatever help the Fed gubnit can give them.
So you can't stand anyone who stands for what's right in life... Got it.

He was NEVER a "No" on storm aid.
He was a no on storm aid unless there were offsets in the budget to pay for the aid.

"I sympathize with the victims of Hurricane Sandy and believe that those who purchased flood insurance should have their claims paid. At the same time, allowing the program to increase its debt by another $9.7 billion with no plan to offset the spending with cuts elsewhere is not fiscally responsible," DeSantis said in a statement.

IOW, like many Repubs who pretend to be fiscally responsible when it comes to spending money to help other people, Ron is quick to hypocritically stick his hand out when it's his constituents who need help.

He was a no on storm aid unless there were offsets in the budget to pay for the aid.

"I sympathize with the victims of Hurricane Sandy and believe that those who purchased flood insurance should have their claims paid. At the same time, allowing the program to increase its debt by another $9.7 billion with no plan to offset the spending with cuts elsewhere is not fiscally responsible," DeSantis said in a statement.

IOW, like many Repubs who pretend to be fiscally responsible when it comes to spending money to help other people, Ron is quick to hypocritically stick his hand out when it's his constituents who need help.
Depends on the help, and yes whose getting it. Voting on a bill that has pork in it in which gives money by the million's to some of the most ridiculous things ever heard of is definitely getting push back.

Hey Seymour, eff off.

Senior FBI lawyer Lisa Page: Trump's not ever going to be president, right? Right?!

Senior FBI Assistant Director Peter Strozk: No. No, he's not. We'll stop it.

• During our review, we identified a small number of text messages and instant messages, beyond those discussed in the OIG’s [Office of the Inspector General’s] Review of Various Actions in Advance of the 2016 Election, in which FBI employees involved in the Crossfire Hurricane investigation discussed political issues and candidates. Unlike the messages in the OIG’s Review of Various Actions in Advance of the 2016 Election, the messages here did not raise significant questions of potential bias or improper motivation because of the potential connection to investigative activity (13 n.22).

It is highly unfortunate that so many Trumpleton's can't let go of the lies they adopted in the past in the wake of irrefutable evidence proving them wrong. My apologies to the OP for the off topic post.

Gas is on the rise again, jumped 40 cent in one day. Inflation said to rise more. People are fixing to see around 30% increase in energy cost this winter, and the housing market fixing to crash. I guess we are seeing what cheating gets us, karma is I bitch. Too bad everyone is going to feel it, not just you cheaters.
Damn that Biden. He must have that power Trump has. All he has to do is think about something to make it happen. And now he's causing inflation in Europe too.

As a freshman congressman in 2013, Ron DeSantis was unambiguous: A federal bailout for the New York region after Hurricane Sandy was an irresponsible boondoggle, a symbol of the “put it on the credit card mentality” he had come to Washington to oppose.

“I sympathize with the victims,” he said. But his answer was no.

Nearly a decade later, as his state confronts the devastation and costly destruction wrought by Hurricane Ian, Mr. DeSantis is appealing to the nation’s better angels — and betting on its short memory.

The present circumstances have inspired a less swaggering posture toward a leader whom Mr. DeSantis has long called “Brandon” as a recurring troll, aimed at the man he might like to succeed. “Dear Mr. President,” the governor’s request for a major disaster declaration and federal assistance began on Wednesday.

“Ironically,” said David Jolly, a former Republican congressman from Florida, “there’s nobody in America that Ron DeSantis needs more than Joe Biden.”

Some Northeastern lawmakers, including Republicans, have not forgotten how Mr. DeSantis and some of his peers responded when the New York area was under duress. “Year after year, we had given them billions of dollars,” said Peter King, a former Republican congressman from Long Island, alluding to aid packages for Southern states and calling the resistance to Sandy relief his angriest moment in office. “Every one of them comes to New York to raise money. They either go to the Hamptons or they go to Manhattan. And both areas were devastated by Sandy.”

There is the rhetoric used to keep the rubes enraged and spiteful, and then there is reality when they have to get serious. Two entirely different things.

We’ve seen it many times, from the “rigged election” grift to the MAL search to this crap.

The question is how the rubes can be so blind as to not see it. Over and over and over.

You lie... I just spent $3.50 per gallon yesterday when I filled up.
I said that gad was in the $3.40 range and you call me a liar because you paid to cents more than that?

Are you ill? On drugs? Just an asshole?

Forum List

Back