Desantis signs radioactive waste for roads bill.

Desantis just signed a bill that could allow radioactive waste to be used in road construction. Evidently there isn't enough stone, gravel, or sand in the state to use for agregate in Florida's roads. Seems Desantis thinks that would be a good place to get rid of all that radio active phosphogypsum that has been piling up since th EPA started regulating it in 1989. More than 20 environmental groups urged him to not sign the bill, but he apparantly figured his supporters were more likely to prefer to stick it to the tree huggers and not worry about all the birth defects that amount of radioactivity might cause.
why is that a problem

And do tell us, cupcake, exactly how radioactive is it? :abgg2q.jpg:

You probably don't even know how that material is extracted from the earth.

I'll tell you this: Spreading it out far and wide is the best thing that can be done.

Eat a dick, you moron.

"• The overall radioactivity in the stacked phosphogypsum is actually less than what was in the original phosphate ore that was taken out of the ground."

Who cares...the more radioactive the better...................for Florida.

Who cares...the more radioactive the better...................for Florida.
It's not very dangerous, Bodey, the more it's spread out and mixed with limerock and asphalt, the less dangerous it is.

Please stay wherever the fuck you are. Your kind are not needed in FL.

I confess. I am not a nuclear physicist, and I didn't personally determine the nature of the radioactivity. If I was smart enough to know those things as well as you seem to want people to believe you are, I wouldn't be wasting my time on a discussion board. I do trust the EPA over some blowhard on the internet who thinks 5 minutes of Google makes them competent to make judgments about nuclear hazards.
trust me sweetie,,no one mistakes you for a nuclear physicist,,,,

you dont even know the difference between a study and an application,,

Here you go, FAGAt.
As I was saying ... the article you never read proves you were lying, naturally.

"This hasn’t ever been put into practice in the U.S., though — for decades, the Environmental Protection Agency has prohibited use in roads. That changed in 2020 under the Trump administration, though approval was quickly (rescinded) in 2021 following outcry."

Thanks for the reminder of why you cannot be taken seriously.

Now have your tantrum, MAGAt.

As I was saying ... the article you never read proves you were lying, naturally.

"This hasn’t ever been put into practice in the U.S., though — for decades, the Environmental Protection Agency has prohibited use in roads. That changed in 2020 under the Trump administration, though approval was quickly (rescinded) in 2021 following outcry."

Thanks for the reminder of why you cannot be taken seriously.

Now have your tantrum, MAGAt.
That changed in 2020 under the Trump administration, though approval was quickly (rescinded) in 2021 following outcry."
Dumbfuck

You do know that even stone and gravel can have a background radiation level right?

This is a study to see what the levels are from this material. Nothing more.

It's actually a form of recycling.

Stone and gravel are not spent nuclear waste.

Hey dumbass, I know a little something about this, and if that stuff is spread out thin, it's not dangerous at all.

It's dangerous when it's all concentrated in one area and not spread out thin. (like it is right now)

So yeah, that's a good idea. It's more environmentally friendly to spread it out across miles and miles instead of concentrating it all

in one big toxic (radioactive) location. The stuff isn't U-235 in the 1st place, ok?

Let's put it in red areas of the country. It is not a good idea.

Forum List

Back