DeSantis' War on Farmworkers and Labor

Construction and agriculture can stop using illegal immigrants who I have seen myself get exploited and treated awfully by the employer. I gained a decent living by going behind these underpaid illegals and fixing their mistakes in the residential construction industry. So the employer ended up paying twice to get a job done instead of paying a qualified subcontractor to do the job.
So you're the punch out carpenter that saved the residential construction in Florida?
How long does it take you to build an apartment complex?

I was in it for 20 years. The only Anglos that could do anywhere near as good of a job as the Mexicans, were in the union, and took over 10 times as long to do anything. The unions are gone now, so how much punch out would you need to do to follow a crew of young guys that have never done residential construction before?

ALot when no studs are on 16 center.No PT on the bottom plate. Roof Trusses are nowhere near 24 centers so it takes a while. :):thup:

So you're the punch out carpenter that saved the residential construction in Florida?

I was in it for 20 years. The only Anglos that could do anywhere near as good of a job as the Mexicans, were in the union, and took over 10 times as long to do anything. The unions are gone now, so how much punch out would you need to do to follow a crew of young guys that have never done residential construction befo
alot when no studs are on 16 center.No PT on the bottom plate. Roof Trusses are nowhere near 24 centers so it takes a while. :):thup: and a whole lot of other mess that didn't pass inspection.

Last edited:
alot when no studs are on 16 center.No PT on the bottom plate. Roof Trusses are nowhere near 24 centers so it takes a while. :):thup: and a whole lot of other mess that didn't pass inspection.

file:///C:/Users/lloyd/Downloads/Biscoitos%20na%20cama,%201921%20_%20N
You don't pay the contractors until they come back and fix those things themselves. It's much less work that way. But, it's Florida.

Why would you post a link to a file that's on your computer?
File not found

Firefox can’t find the file at /C:/Users/lloyd/Downloads/Biscoitos na cama, 1921 _ N.

Check the file name for capitalization or other typing errors.
Check to see if the file was moved, renamed or deleted.

Oh yeah, Florida.

You don't pay the contractors until they come back and fix those things themselves. It's much less work that way. But, it's Florida.

Why would you post a link to a file that's on your computer?
File not found

Check the file name for capitalization or other typing errors.
Check to see if the file was moved, renamed or deleted.

Oh yeah, Florida.
The general contractor paid me out of the subcontractor's pay anytime there was failed inspection. It was written into their contract. They called me Instead of waiting for them to return, the work site moved along faster that way. During the 1980s on into the early 90s I kept busy 6 days aweel 10 hours day most times. I wasn't popular with the subcontractors :)

The general contractor paid me out of the subcontractor's pay anytime there was failed inspection. It was written into their contract. They called me Instead of waiting for them to return, the work site moved along faster that way. During the 1980s on into the early 90s I kept busy 6 days aweel 10 hours day most times. I wasn't popular with the subcontractors :)
Didn't you say that:
"So the employer ended up paying twice to get a job done instead of paying a qualified subcontractor to do the job."

It appears that you've contradicted yourself.

I was in it for 20 years. The only Anglos that could do anywhere near as good of a job as the Mexicans, were in the union, and took over 10 times as long to do anything. The unions are gone now, so how much punch out would you need to do to follow a crew of young guys that have never done residential construction before?

What a joke. The Mexicans are very good at certain jobs, carpentry ain't one of them. A friend is a GC and he doesn't ever use them because they had to go back and redo all of their work too many times. He won't sub out to anyone who does use them.

Hispanic truckers are already refusing to do loads in Florida because of the new law. So who does DeSantis think is going to provide the labor?

"From farming to construction, the law is expected to have a wide-ranging impact on a number of industries vital to Florida's economy," said the report. "Some farm workers are already too scared to go to work and are considering leaving the state, which could cause a huge staffing crisis for Florida agriculture"

"Among other things, the bill institutes new state-level penalties for transporting undocumented immigrants to Florida, imposes new requirements on certain companies to check immigration status, and renders out-of-state driver's licenses issued to undocumented immigrants void in the state"

Do you live in FL? How much business is it of yours, then?

You know, before illegal immigration, school kids in summertime and black people did most of the picking. America!

I have 2 uncles that used to pick watermelons in the summer.

One became the dean of a college.

Americans don't like that work. I hoed cotton, weeded watermelon beds, picked avocados and oranges. Americans don't like that work.

Americans don't like that work. I hoed cotton, weeded watermelon beds, picked avocados and oranges. Americans don't like that work.

They don't like it when they aren't PAID a fair wage for it.

Illegal farm workers lower wages for ALL Americans.

Hispanic truckers are already refusing to do loads in Florida because of the new law. So who does DeSantis think is going to provide the labor?

"From farming to construction, the law is expected to have a wide-ranging impact on a number of industries vital to Florida's economy," said the report. "Some farm workers are already too scared to go to work and are considering leaving the state, which could cause a huge staffing crisis for Florida agriculture"

"Among other things, the bill institutes new state-level penalties for transporting undocumented immigrants to Florida, imposes new requirements on certain companies to check immigration status, and renders out-of-state driver's licenses issued to undocumented immigrants void in the state"

You do so love your slaves.

Do you live in FL? How much business is it of yours, then?

You know, before illegal immigration, school kids in summertime and black people did most of the picking. America!

I have 2 uncles that used to pick watermelons in the summer.

One became the dean of a college.
Duke, you are a chump. When FL ends up covered in seaweed and water you can say, WTF happened?"

Duke, you are a chump. When FL ends up covered in seaweed and water you can say, WTF happened?"
More than likely it will be overrun by cabbage palms that are hard to kill.

There is no global warming and searise, moron.

Is Miami underwater yet? No? Well, most of their their elevation is 0. That's a fact you can look up.

I know other things, too.

Like if you dig down 4 feet in Miami, you hit the water table. If you dig down 10 feet, you hit a limerock bed.

Last edited:

We absolutely love DeSantis here in Floriday, you're full of shit, Darlene

What a joke. The Mexicans are very good at certain jobs, carpentry ain't one of them. A friend is a GC and he doesn't ever use them because they had to go back and redo all of their work too many times. He won't sub out to anyone who does use them.
It's probably difficult to get good Mexican carpentaros in Nevada. No one wants to live there.

Forum List

Back