DeSantis Wins: Cruise Line Won’t Require “Vaccine Passports”

So you agree that private property rights are no longer relevant?
You don't believe in individual rights. Look at my signature. That's you. The left only cares about "rights" to the extent that they serve the interests of the party.

You don't believe in individual rights. Look at my signature. That's you. The left only cares about "rights" to the extent that they serve the interests of the party.
So individual property rights don't matter? Does that mean I can hire a Mariachi band to play in your backyard tomorrow late at night?

DeSantis ‘wins,’ the people lose.

The authoritarian right’s contempt for private property rights is infamous, more government, bigger government at the expense of liberty.
Interesting isn't it? Just like that .... private property rights no longer matter to the Regressive Right.

First Twitter and Facebook....now the Cruise industry.
It is called protecting the rights of his citizenry from a hysterical left who live in constant fear.
Sure....most here would call it hypocrisy.
So you are calling freedom hypocrisy. I beg to differ, hypocrisy is when a person defends a private entity's right to self determination when they censor speech as is the case with FB and Twitter and then turns right around and denies that right to the cruise industry because they follow the directives of the government protecting those exact same freedoms. The cruise industry is following the laws of the land the same as FB and Twitter are. Now don't be a hypocrite.
Not at all, as in the case with FB and Twitter, they are free to censor anyone they like and suffer the consequences of those of us who choose to not be censored to withhold our patronage. Apparently, RC decided the $$ they would lose from freedom-loving passengers was not worth the loss and they are allowing those people to exercise their freedom.

Cruiselines actually can't require a vaccine that is only available through emergency approval I think...so it's a bit moot. But they have a requirement to keep their passengers safe - they should be able to require either a vaccine or negative covid test.

Why is that wrong?

So individual property rights don't matter? Does that mean I can hire a Mariachi band to play in your backyard tomorrow late at night?
Sure. My Mexican wife and I would love it! You bring the band and we'll supply the drinks, deal? ;)

individual property rights
Royal Caribbean is not an individual--it is a business that is subject to the laws of the ports of call that they visit. They are operating within those laws--same as FB and Twitter when they use those laws to shield themselves when they use heavy handed tactics to control a narrative instead of allowing the free exchange of ideas. I agree with K9Buck, your fascism is showing.

they should be able to require either a vaccine or negative covid test.
They probably do require a negative test result. The airlines do.
That's ok then.

The SCOTUS already ruled years ago that the government CAN require a citizen to be vaccinated. If the fed ever mandates vaccinations, then it would seem that DeSantis would lose that battle, unless this SCOTUS agrees with him, which I doubt they would do.

Although the various Covid vaccines are experimental and so it's also possible that the previous SCOTUS ruling would not apply.

The authoritarian right’s contempt for private property rights is infamous, more government, bigger government at the expense of liberty.
Interesting isn't it? Just like that .... private property rights no longer matter to the Regressive Right.

It is called protecting the rights of his citizenry from a hysterical left who live in constant fear.
So you are calling freedom hypocrisy. I beg to differ, hypocrisy is when a person defends a private entity's right to self determination when they censor speech as is the case with FB and Twitter and then turns right around and denies that right to the cruise industry because they follow the directives of the government protecting those exact same freedoms. The cruise industry is following the laws of the land the same as FB and Twitter are. Now don't be a hypocrite.
Is wearing a yellow star to allow access to certain shops relevant?

Royal Caribbean is not an individual--it is a business that is subject to the laws of the ports of call that they visit. They are operating within those laws--same as FB and Twitter when they use those laws to shield themselves when they use heavy handed tactics to control a narrative instead of allowing the free exchange of ideas. I agree with K9Buck, your fascism is showing.
Ok. So you feel that business private property rights are irrelevant. How fascist.

Oh please, don't pretend to compare vaccinations with the Holocaust. It's insulting to the Holocaust victims and down right nauseating.

Cruiselines actually can't require a vaccine
Au contraire, the simple fact that they would require a "vaccine passport" says that they require the vaccine. By your reckoning, they should be asking for smallpox, measles, TDAP--a whole host of vaccines in order to keep their passengers safe. Reasonable measures are welcome. The cruise lines exercised reasonable measures after the Legionnaires disease outbreak. Prior to that there were no hand sanitizers on board. They came about as a result of LD. Forced vaccination is unconstitutional.

they should be able to require either a vaccine or negative covid test.
They probably do require a negative test result. The airlines do.
That's ok then.

The SCOTUS already ruled years ago that the government CAN require a citizen to be vaccinated. If the fed ever mandates vaccinations, then it would seem that DeSantis would lose that battle, unless this SCOTUS agrees with him, which I doubt they would do.

Although the various Covid vaccines are experimental and so it's also possible that the previous SCOTUS ruling would not apply.
So you are saying that the 2nd amendment cannot be overturned by any or all governments barring people from lawfully having weapons?

Oh please, don't pretend to compare vaccinations with the Holocaust. It's insulting to the Holocaust victims and down right nauseating.
I am in excellent physical condition and am not over 72 years of age, why the fuck would i need to be vaccinated when the survivability rate is 99.5%

Bring your sorry ass onto my property without me wanting you there, see what happens.....

Cruiselines actually can't require a vaccine
Au contraire, the simple fact that they would require a "vaccine passport" says that they require the vaccine. By your reckoning, they should be asking for smallpox, measles, TDAP--a whole host of vaccines in order to keep their passengers safe. Reasonable measures are welcome. The cruise lines exercised reasonable measures after the Legionnaires disease outbreak. Prior to that there were no hand sanitizers on board. They came about as a result of LD. Forced vaccination is unconstitutional.
What if i already had the Kung Flu, but my body kicked its ass, so my anti bodies are good enough with out the vaccines? You dumbass liberals do love to be slaves to your masters.......

Not saying you are a prog slave, just how the prog masters say "Get the vaccine" and the obedient slaves just bend over and take it...

Ok. So you feel that business private property rights are irrelevant. How fascist.
Who pray tell infringed on anyone's private property rights? There are a myriad of laws that businesses are required to operate under. Are you advocating for anarchy?

So you are saying that the 2nd amendment cannot be overturned by any or all governments barring people from lawfully having weapons?
The 2nd amendment can be changed or eliminated, but it would require a constitutional amendment. However, many judges have made rulings that I believe violate the 2nd amendment.

Forum List

Back