DeSantis Wins: Cruise Line Won’t Require “Vaccine Passports”

1905? SC decisions have been overturned of review--Roe v. Wade is one that I think will be overturned at some point. Is this particular decision currently valid?
Part III considers the scope of the constitutional right to refuse treatment. It examines the American courts' attitude toward the state's countervailing interests and concludes that the constitutional right to refuse treatment generally outweighs the state interests. It finds, above all, that a competent patient's constitutional right to refuse treatment is protected regardless of the patient's life-expectancy or prognosis, and that refusal of treatment is not attempted suicide.

Cruiselines actually can't require a vaccine
Au contraire, the simple fact that they would require a "vaccine passport" says that they require the vaccine. By your reckoning, they should be asking for smallpox, measles, TDAP--a whole host of vaccines in order to keep their passengers safe. Reasonable measures are welcome. The cruise lines exercised reasonable measures after the Legionnaires disease outbreak. Prior to that there were no hand sanitizers on board. They came about as a result of LD. Forced vaccination is unconstitutional.
What if i already had the Kung Flu, but my body kicked its ass, so my anti bodies are good enough with out the vaccines? You dumbass liberals do love to be slaves to your masters.......

Not saying you are a prog slave, just how the prog masters say "Get the vaccine" and the obedient slaves just bend over and take it...
Hey dude, I think you meant to reply to Coyote, I ain't one of the prog slaves and I've already had the scam virus.

Scam virus? Do often go around screaming, "I am a moron!"? If not, you should!

DeSantis ‘wins,’ the people lose.

The authoritarian right’s contempt for private property rights is infamous, more government, bigger government at the expense of liberty.
Interesting isn't it? Just like that .... private property rights no longer matter to the Regressive Right.

First Twitter and Facebook....now the Cruise industry.
It is called protecting the rights of his citizenry from a hysterical left who live in constant fear.
Sure....most here would call it hypocrisy.
Lies as always,most here would call it standing up to our evil govenment and politicians that are America haters as yourself.

It's so refreshing to see a Gov, with a spine, Greatest Gov, ever!:2up:

Way to go DeSantis!!!!!!:clap:
:thankusmile: Indeed like I keep saying he would be the greatest president sense kennedy if elected,he reminds me so much of him stepping on powerful toes in Washington,just hope he does not suffer the same fate he did for doing so,if he did,it would be in a differerent way.

Last edited:

The authoritarian right’s contempt for private property rights is infamous, more government, bigger government at the expense of liberty.
Interesting isn't it? Just like that .... private property rights no longer matter to the Regressive Right.

It is called protecting the rights of his citizenry from a hysterical left who live in constant fear.
Sure....most here would call it hypocrisy.
So you are calling freedom hypocrisy. I beg to differ, hypocrisy is when a person defends a private entity's right to self determination when they censor speech as is the case with FB and Twitter and then turns right around and denies that right to the cruise industry because they follow the directives of the government protecting those exact same freedoms. The cruise industry is following the laws of the land the same as FB and Twitter are. Now don't be a hypocrite.
So you agree that private property rights are no longer relevant?
Is wearing a yellow star to allow access to certain shops relevant?
Oh please, don't pretend to compare vaccinations with the Holocaust. It's insulting to the Holocaust victims and down right nauseating.
I am in excellent physical condition and am not over 72 years of age, why the fuck would i need to be vaccinated when the survivability rate is 99.5%
:thankusmile: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: What’s funny is these nutcases who keep saying the virus is dangerous and we need the vacccine have the warped logic they are right and the greatest doctors in the world who have said this are all wrong disregarding the thousands around the world thst have died weeks and even days later after taking it.:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

No, they do not. I flew Monday.
My bad. My son is flying to Colombia and he must present proof of a negative test to fly. I presume that is a requirement of the Colombian government. Although he also needed proof of a negative test when he flew to the U.S. this past February.

Cruiselines actually can't require a vaccine
Au contraire, the simple fact that they would require a "vaccine passport" says that they require the vaccine. By your reckoning, they should be asking for smallpox, measles, TDAP--a whole host of vaccines in order to keep their passengers safe. Reasonable measures are welcome. The cruise lines exercised reasonable measures after the Legionnaires disease outbreak. Prior to that there were no hand sanitizers on board. They came about as a result of LD. Forced vaccination is unconstitutional.
What if i already had the Kung Flu, but my body kicked its ass, so my anti bodies are good enough with out the vaccines? You dumbass liberals do love to be slaves to your masters.......

Not saying you are a prog slave, just how the prog masters say "Get the vaccine" and the obedient slaves just bend over and take it...
Hey dude, I think you meant to reply to Coyote, I ain't one of the prog slaves and I've already had the scam virus.

Scam virus? Do often go around screaming, "I am a moron!"? If not, you should!
I am not worried about it and I really don't remember asking for your concern. So don't worry about my opinion. Did you have an experimental vaccine injected? Yes? Then why are you worried about whether or not I have. Have you had this nasty virus?

It's funny all a sudden liberals aren't about, it's my body, my choice anymore.

LOL not only did he not bow he came after them with a $5,000 fine each time they violated a passenger's rights. Pure alpha.

desantissports-600x338.jpg

The cruise line Royal Caribbean International said it will no longer require its passengers to be vaccinated for COVID after initially saying they would.

DeSantis had threatened to enforce Florida law on cruise companies which would fine companies $5,000 each time they asked for proof of vaccination.

Watch as the cruise industry suffers even more.

People who are vaccinated won't take the cruises.

Those who aren't vaccinated are mostly trump people. They don't have the money to go on a cruise.

So good going. Way to kill the cruise industry.

Now let's see how it hits their bottom line. I took a cruise every year. I will only board a ship where I know the passengers have been vaccinated. I guess RC is out now.

You just made my point.

Those ships will be mostly empty.

No they never had any respect for property rights.

Everything they so called believe in is only of convenience. If it's not convenient then they no longer have the belief.

Which they never had in the first place.

Cruiselines actually can't require a vaccine that is only available through emergency approval I think...so it's a bit moot. But they have a requirement to keep their passengers safe - they should be able to require either a vaccine or negative covid test.

Why is that wrong?

Both Pfizer and Moderna have applied to get permanent approval for the vaccine.

So when that happens, the government can't stop the business from requiring vaccinations.

LOL not only did he not bow he came after them with a $5,000 fine each time they violated a passenger's rights. Pure alpha.

The cruise line Royal Caribbean International said it will no longer require its passengers to be vaccinated for COVID after initially saying they would.

DeSantis had threatened to enforce Florida law on cruise companies which would fine companies $5,000 each time they asked for proof of vaccination.

This has got stupid written all over it. Or doesn't anyone but me recall all those cruise ships where people got sick at sea from some virus and everyone was vomiting all over everywhere even as the water stopped working, and the Captain was begging for help on a ship to shore radio?

Yeah, ask yourself if Cruise Line owners want to face massive numbers of lawsuits if and when large numbers of conservatives anti-vaxxers end up getting sick while at sea.

Last edited:

This has got stupid written all over it. Or doesn't anyone by me recall all those cruise ships where people got sick at sea from some virus and everyone was vomiting all over everywhere even as the water stopped working, and the Captain is begging for help on a ship to shore radio.

Yeah, ask yourself if Cruise Line owners want to face massive numbers of lawsuits if and when large numbers of conservatives anti-vaxxers end up getting sick while at sea.
It is clear that you've never had the virus. Oh woe is me, the sky is falling.

Forum List

Back