DeSantis Wins: Cruise Line Won’t Require “Vaccine Passports”

LOL not only did he not bow he came after them with a $5,000 fine each time they violated a passenger's rights. Pure alpha.

desantissports-600x338.jpg

The cruise line Royal Caribbean International said it will no longer require its passengers to be vaccinated for COVID after initially saying they would.

DeSantis had threatened to enforce Florida law on cruise companies which would fine companies $5,000 each time they asked for proof of vaccination.

This has got stupid written all over it. Or doesn't anyone by me recall all those cruise ships where people got sick at sea from some virus and everyone was vomiting all over everywhere even as the water stopped working, and the Captain is begging for help on a ship to shore radio.

Yeah, ask yourself if Cruise Line owners want to face massive numbers of lawsuits if and when large numbers of conservatives anti-vaxxers end up getting sick while at sea.
It is clear that you've never had the virus. Oh woe is me, the sky is falling.
I was referring to events that happened months and years before the pandemic struck.

LOL not only did he not bow he came after them with a $5,000 fine each time they violated a passenger's rights. Pure alpha.

The cruise line Royal Caribbean International said it will no longer require its passengers to be vaccinated for COVID after initially saying they would.

DeSantis had threatened to enforce Florida law on cruise companies which would fine companies $5,000 each time they asked for proof of vaccination.

Do you know how man old people you can kill with corona hot beds of cruise ships?

What did he "win"? More sick people?

The republicans have abandoned all common sense.

Why anyone would want this guy as a leader is beyond me. He's totally brainless.

The elite hate him and want to have Florida secede from the union because he is patriot giving the middle finger to our evil corrupt government,best damn governor in the country. :banana: :thup:

This never would have withstood legal scrutiny, but I love that he drew the line.

Is he planning a prezzie run in 2024?

DeSantis ‘wins,’ the people lose.

The authoritarian right’s contempt for private property rights is infamous, more government, bigger government at the expense of liberty.
Interesting isn't it? Just like that .... private property rights no longer matter to the Regressive Right.

First Twitter and Facebook....now the Cruise industry.
It is called protecting the rights of his citizenry from a hysterical left who live in constant fear.
Sure....most here would call it hypocrisy.
So you are calling freedom hypocrisy. I beg to differ, hypocrisy is when a person defends a private entity's right to self determination when they censor speech as is the case with FB and Twitter and then turns right around and denies that right to the cruise industry because they follow the directives of the government protecting those exact same freedoms. The cruise industry is following the laws of the land the same as FB and Twitter are. Now don't be a hypocrite.
So you agree that private property rights are no longer relevant?
They're all for authoritarian government.

Watch as the cruise industry suffers even more.

People who are vaccinated won't take the cruises.

Those who aren't vaccinated are mostly trump people. They don't have the money to go on a cruise.

So good going. Way to kill the cruise industry.

You believe Trump voters don’t have money to take a cruise?
Dumbest post of the year.

Good for him. I'm glad to see someone with some balls. Wish he would run for president honestly.

Now let's see how it hits their bottom line. I took a cruise every year. I will only board a ship where I know the passengers have been vaccinated. I guess RC is out now.

Their bottom line will be just fine. You seem to forget there a whole lot of people vaccinated that don't care because they are vaccinated and there are a lot of people who don't care. Not everyone is afraid like you are and self righteous enough to not feel the need to announce "I only go where other vaccinated people are" and push the whole division card.

They existed way before you came along and they will be around way after you're dead. Don't worry, they will be fine because they don't need you and you aren't special to them.

Congratulations. You just found a way for cruise ships to make two classes of passengers retroactively.

Yes, they can't ask vaccination status while in Florida water, but once they're 12 miles to sea, they're going to segregate vaccinated from unvaccinated. With the unvaccinated being limited to where they can go, when they can eat, and what shows they can go to. And of course, they have to wear a mask whenever they leave their cabin, and their cabins may even have "red stickers" to indicate an unvaccinated person occupies the room.

Royal Caribbean: Unvaccinated Cruisers Face Fees ...

Royal Caribbean will charge unvaccinated cruise passengers for tests and have different protocols

The cost for the two tests will be $136 per passenger, with a caveat: Children who are not yet eligible to be vaccinated will not have to pay

Those who are not fully vaccinated will need to purchase MSC Cruises' Travel Insurance and COVID-19 Protection Services at an additional cost.

They will also be subject to additional restrictions, including the required purchase of MSC-sponsored shore excursions in order to go ashore and mandatory testing before and throughout the voyage.

The good news is that DeSantis made sure the cruise lines can't ask peoples status in advance. So once they're out to sea the unvaccinated need to get out their masks and credit cards.

The recently passed Florida law crafted by the Republican-controlled state Legislature and promoted by Gov. Ron DeSantis bars businesses, schools and government entities across Florida from asking anyone to provide proof of a COVID-19 vaccination. Under the law, which takes effect on July 1, businesses can be fined up to $5,000 per violation.

It is unclear if cruise companies will be allowed to ask passengers if they have been vaccinated as part of the boarding process, even if they don’t require vaccination to board.

Maybe DeSantis didn't realize. Florida law doesn't extend into international water. Once the ship is out to sea, they will start requiring proof of vaccination, and those who can't prove their vaccination status will be segregated.

8 Royal Caribbean crew members test positive for COVID-19 ...

Royal Caribbean postponed a sailing "out of an abundance of caution" after eight crew members tested positive for COVID-19

Eight out of 1,400 crew members tested positive for Covid-19 during routine testing, Royal Caribbean CEO ...

The company pushed back the Odyssey's inaugural sailing from July 3 to July 31.

8 Royal Caribbean crew members test positive for COVID-19 ...

Royal Caribbean postponed a sailing "out of an abundance of caution" after eight crew members tested positive for COVID-19

Eight out of 1,400 crew members tested positive for Covid-19 during routine testing, Royal Caribbean CEO ...

The company pushed back the Odyssey's inaugural sailing from July 3 to July 31.
Its just easier to go to a beachfront motel. The added expenses for cruising makes the value far less. The cruise industry have a lot of people who drive to the port and that fills up the ships and give them the great bottom line profit. Many of those people will not get the vaccine or wait.

Its just easier to go to a beachfront motel. The added expenses for cruising makes the value far less. The cruise industry have a lot of people who drive to the port and that fills up the ships and give them the great bottom line profit. Many of those people will not get the vaccine or wait.
I just hope the people who think they don't have to get vaccinated in order to get the full cruise experience, aren't going to be shocked when they find out the vaccination status that they can't ask before they set sail, won't stop them from asking after they've set sail.

Eh, it's an industry that would be best to die off anyway.
People enjoy cruising. I'm just wondering what the status would be if one of the unvaccinated passengers tests positive, will they keep the ship from docking back in the US?

More floating petri dishes.
If you don't like the rules, stay off of the ship, SIMPLE.
I think if Cruise Ships don't implement a vaccine policy this could be very damaging for them... The risk would be crazy high...

So a Cruise ship has a significant number that aren't vaccinated. Cruise ships are held to the same standard standards as a hotel in air circulation and it would spread quickly. Next it is known they have an outbreak, No country apart from Florida is going to let them get off and wander through their population infecting others...

This would kill Cruise business... Maybe the OP would bring his family on to that but there is a lot of parents that would take alternative arrangements...

Cruise business would spend years recovering that stigma or profit over customer safety...

Forum List

Back