Desperately Seeking Reagan!

Now that the American people have finally done what we on the Right implored them to do six years ago, kick the community organizer to the curb......we need to find someone capable of wielding the power given to the Republicans.

And we are desperately seeing a man of the caliber of Ronald Reagan.

1. "One of the first things the Republicans are going to do after today’s election is mount a search for Ronald Reagan.

2. The search is signaled in Commentary Magazine, which just put in the mail a November issue .... reprise the fealty so many Republicans are paying to Reagan....

3. .... Reagan had the jump on the Father of All Mercies when it comes to the Free Trade Union Movement. This is the element to the Reagan story that, for my money, has the most to offer the current crop of Republicans.

4. Today’s GOP stars.
..are fluent in free market economics..
.. are warming to sound money. ...
...oppose high taxes.
They’re onto constitutional fundamentals.

But the wisdom of the anti-communist labor unions, not so much.

5. Reagan had this down to the ground. He’d been president of the Screen Actors Guild in the years the communists tried to take over Hollywood. Reagan beat them. And he used the experience when, as president, he went up directly against Soviet Russia."
//The Search for Reagan - The New York Sun

Agreed that is what we need but it is will be impossible to find another Ronald Reagan.

Sad but true.

I'm thinking of a post re: the hopes of a conservative in response to voting Republican.

reagan_years_zps49a56ca0.png

PLUS, he would be a RINO by "today's Republican party" albeit a criminal :thup:

You mean you want to find someone dingy enough to arm one of our potential enemies with advanced chemical, biological and nuclear weapons? Or you just want a slick talking corporate shill who makes you feel good?
Not surprisingly, I'd wager OP wants both :laugh:

That poster is one more of your lies.

There were no Iran-Contra convictions.

Robert McFarlane pleaded guilty to 4 misdemeanor counts. (plea bargain)

Elliot Abrams pleaded guilty to 2 misdemeanor counts (plea bargain)

Alan D. Fiers pleaded guilty to 2 misdemeanor counts

Clair George convicted on 2 counts of perjury.

The rest of the Iran Contra perpetrators weren't convicted because they received pre-trial pardons by a co-conspirator by the name of

George Bush Sr.

So I remain correct....the convictions were not for Iran-Contra.

You're dismissed.

No, they were. Your childish denialism simply makes my winning of the argument more enjoyable.

As usual...you lie.

Thank you for at least occasionally obeying my command,

If you're going to be wrong, at least be brief.

Nothing sets off left-wing whining like Reagan. The Gipper's still got it 26 years after leaving office. An amazing man with a legacy that endures far beyond him. I love these threads.:biggrin:

Hey when they say they are looking for a leader like Reagan...I mean who doesnt like the nations decisions being left up to an Astrologer? Huh?

Nothing sets off left-wing whining like Reagan. The Gipper's still got it 26 years after leaving office. An amazing man with a legacy that endures far beyond him. I love these threads.:biggrin:

Nothing sets RWnuts to calling everything 'whining' better than when they been intellectually knocked down, stepped on, and smeared with the muck of their stupidity.

Hey when they say they are looking for a leader like Reagan...I mean who doesnt like the nations decisions being left up to an Astrologer? Huh?

"Desperately" is the keyword in the OP. The Right in this country has sunk so far, intellectually, that even getting back to the charming mediocrity of a Reagan seems like a daunting quest.

Nothing sets RWnuts to calling everything 'whining' better than when they been intellectually knocked down, stepped on, and smeared with the muck of their stupidity.
I understand Reagan did that to the left. Hell, they even had to change liberal to progressive. Get over it. Whining will do no good and, after all, he left office over a quarter century ago.

I understand Reagan did that to the left. Hell, they even had to change liberal to progressive. Get over it. Whining will do no good and, after all, he left office over a quarter century ago.

We're not the ones trying to resurrect him. If Reagan had been a legitimately great president, the right wouldn't have had to create a false legend about him.

Are you talking to the OP?

We're not the ones trying to resurrect him. If Reagan had been a legitimately great president, the right wouldn't have had to create a false legend about him.
Resurrect?!

Reagan is dead, but the butt hurt lives on. Historical giants like that come once in a lifetime.

Now that the American people have finally done what we on the Right implored them to do six years ago, kick the community organizer to the curb......we need to find someone capable of wielding the power given to the Republicans.

And we are desperately seeing a man of the caliber of Ronald Reagan.

1. "One of the first things the Republicans are going to do after today’s election is mount a search for Ronald Reagan.

2. The search is signaled in Commentary Magazine, which just put in the mail a November issue .... reprise the fealty so many Republicans are paying to Reagan....

3. .... Reagan had the jump on the Father of All Mercies when it comes to the Free Trade Union Movement. This is the element to the Reagan story that, for my money, has the most to offer the current crop of Republicans.

4. Today’s GOP stars.
..are fluent in free market economics..
.. are warming to sound money. ...
...oppose high taxes.
They’re onto constitutional fundamentals.

But the wisdom of the anti-communist labor unions, not so much.

5. Reagan had this down to the ground. He’d been president of the Screen Actors Guild in the years the communists tried to take over Hollywood. Reagan beat them. And he used the experience when, as president, he went up directly against Soviet Russia."
//The Search for Reagan - The New York Sun
Rubio!

You mean you want to find someone dingy enough to arm one of our potential enemies with advanced chemical, biological and nuclear weapons? Or you just want a slick talking corporate shill who makes you feel good?
Not surprisingly, I'd wager OP wants both :laugh:

So very sad that there are so many short sighted individuals like you who see skin color or party designation as more important than the success of this nation.

St Reagan was an actor playing a part.

So....you didn't note that he solved the economy that the Democrats crippled, and ended the hegemony of the communists of the USSR?

You're pretty dumb,huh?

Forum List

Back