Desperately Seeking Reagan!

We're not the ones trying to resurrect him. If Reagan had been a legitimately great president, the right wouldn't have had to create a false legend about him.
Resurrect?!

Reagan is dead, but the butt hurt lives on. Historical giants like that come once in a lifetime.

He didn't do anything of note, other that to become the Father of the Runaway Debt.
And gave the rich a tax break while increasing taxes on the lower and middle income...

Bogus.

1. Under Reagan, the debt went up $1.7 trillion, from $900 billion to $2.6 trillion.
  2. But….the national wealth went up $ 17 trillion
  3. Reagan's near-trillion-dollar bulge in defense spending transformed the global balance of power in favor of capitalism. Spurring a stock-market, energy, venture-capital, real-estate and employment boom, the Reagan tax-rate cuts and other pro-enterprise policies added some $17 trillion to America's private-sector assets, dwarfing the trillion-dollar rise in public-sector deficits and creating 45 million net new jobs at rising wages and salaries.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390444914904577621083163383966.html

Reaganomics - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

And the tax cuts of the Economic Recovery Act of 1981 stimulated economic growth. “As a 1982 JEC study pointed out,[1] similar across-the-board tax cuts had been implemented in the 1920s as the Mellon tax cuts, and in the 1960s as the Kennedy tax cuts. In both cases the reduction of high marginal tax rates actually increased tax payments by "the rich," also increasing their share of total individual income taxes paid.” http://www.house.gov/jec/fiscal/tx-grwth/reagtxct/reagtxct.htm

“As inflation came down and as more and more of the tax cuts from the 1981 Act went into effect, the economic began a strong and sustained pattern of growth.” US Department of the Treasury

1. The benefits from Reaganomics:
    1. The economy grew at a 3.4% average rate…compared with 2.9% for the previous eight years, and 2.7% for the next eight.(Table B-4)
    2. Inflation rate dropped from 12.5% to 4.4%. (Table B-63)
    3. Unemployment fell to 5.5% from 7.1% (Table B-35)
    4. Prime interest rate fell by one-third.(Table B-73)
    5. The S & P 500 jumped 124% (Table B-95) FDsys - Browse ERP
    6. Charitable contributions rose 57% faster than inflation. Dinesh D’Souza, “Ronald Reagan: How an Ordinary May Became an Extraordinary Leader,” p. 116

b. and c. Kiva - Kiva Lending Team Team Ron Paul Hulk Hogan Jesus of Nazareth Chuck Norris Ronald Reagan John Wayne Thomas Jefferson Alex Jones Peyton Manning The Tuskegee Airmen Schiff REAL Americans and George W. Bush

OP needs to recognize that he raised taxes PERMANENTLY, blew a HUGE hole in the budget, AND granted amnesty. I suspect that she's taken the Fox/neocon(Bill Kristol) brown acid :tinfoil:You rw drones are a hoot :p

OP needs to recognize that he raised taxes PERMANENTLY, blew a HUGE hole in the budget, AND granted amnesty. I suspect that she's taken the Fox/neocon(Bill Kristol) brown acid :tinfoil:You rw drones are a hoot :p

Total nonsense.

1. Under Reagan, the debt went up $1.7 trillion, from $900 billion to $2.6 trillion.
  3. Reagan's near-trillion-dollar bulge in defense spending transformed the global balance of power in favor of capitalism. Spurring a stock-market, energy, venture-capital, real-estate and employment boom, the Reagan tax-rate cuts and other pro-enterprise policies added some $17 trillion to America's private-sector assets, dwarfing the trillion-dollar rise in public-sector deficits and creating 45 million net new jobs at rising wages and salaries.

Have you tried a stool softener?

how many Raygun fluffer threads are there on this board, :eusa_eh: He's a perjurer :thup: He's the best you people can come up with?!!! :eusa_doh:

Address to the Nation on Iran-Contra March 4 1987 Miller Center
Let's start with the part that is the most controversial. A few months ago I told the American people I did not trade arms for hostages. My heart and my best intentions still tell me that's true, but the facts and the evidence tell me it is not. As the Tower board reported, what began as a strategic opening to Iran deteriorated, in its implementation, into trading arms for hostages.

how many Raygun fluffer threads are there on this board, :eusa_eh: He's a perjurer :thup: He's the best you people can come up with?!!! :eusa_doh:

Address to the Nation on Iran-Contra March 4 1987 Miller Center
Let's start with the part that is the most controversial. A few months ago I told the American people I did not trade arms for hostages. My heart and my best intentions still tell me that's true, but the facts and the evidence tell me it is not. As the Tower board reported, what began as a strategic opening to Iran deteriorated, in its implementation, into trading arms for hostages.
Get back to us if you here he freed terrorists for an deserting US soldier. Oh, and then try a stool softener.

on the record as a perjurer. Is there anything worse than a perjurer that used this great nation's resources to arm terrorists? :dunno:

on the record as a perjurer. Is there anything worse than a perjurer that used this great nation's resources to arm terrorists? :dunno:
Trading 5 terrorist leaders for a deserter comes to mind. Using the IRS to attack your domestic enemies too.

Btw, if you don't know what a stool softener is; it's pretty much the same thing as a laxative.

We're not the ones trying to resurrect him. If Reagan had been a legitimately great president, the right wouldn't have had to create a false legend about him.
Resurrect?!

Reagan is dead, but the butt hurt lives on. Historical giants like that come once in a lifetime.

He didn't do anything of note, other that to become the Father of the Runaway Debt.
And gave the rich a tax break while increasing taxes on the lower and middle income...

Bogus.

And the tax cuts of the Economic Recovery Act of 1981 stimulated economic growth. “As a 1982 JEC study pointed out,[1] similar across-the-board tax cuts had been implemented in the 1920s as the Mellon tax cuts, and in the 1960s as the Kennedy tax cuts. In both cases the reduction of high marginal tax rates actually increased tax payments by "the rich," also increasing their share of total individual income taxes paid.” http://www.house.gov/jec/fiscal/tx-grwth/reagtxct/reagtxct.htm

“As inflation came down and as more and more of the tax cuts from the 1981 Act went into effect, the economic began a strong and sustained pattern of growth.” US Department of the Treasury

1. The benefits from Reaganomics:
    1. The economy grew at a 3.4% average rate…compared with 2.9% for the previous eight years, and 2.7% for the next eight.(Table B-4)
    2. Inflation rate dropped from 12.5% to 4.4%. (Table B-63)
    3. Unemployment fell to 5.5% from 7.1% (Table B-35)
    4. Prime interest rate fell by one-third.(Table B-73)
    5. The S & P 500 jumped 124% (Table B-95) FDsys - Browse ERP
    6. Charitable contributions rose 57% faster than inflation. Dinesh D’Souza, “Ronald Reagan: How an Ordinary May Became an Extraordinary Leader,” p. 116

b. and c. Kiva - Kiva Lending Team Team Ron Paul Hulk Hogan Jesus of Nazareth Chuck Norris Ronald Reagan John Wayne Thomas Jefferson Alex Jones Peyton Manning The Tuskegee Airmen Schiff REAL Americans and George W. Bush
Where, oh where is the cut-n-paste of his tax increases?

Total nonsense.

So Reagan could not find a way to get 10% of the nation's wealth increase to balance his budgets?

lol. Your posts rarely mean what you think they mean.

Total nonsense.

So Reagan could not find a way to get 10% of the nation's wealth increase to balance his budgets?

lol. Your posts rarely mean what you think they mean.
Shouldn't you be more concerned about the train wreck of the Obama administration and the unraveling of left wing politics today than its unraveling 30 years ago?

Shouldn't you be more concerned about the train wreck of the Obama administration and the unraveling of left wing politics today than its unraveling 30 years ago?
g1h2.jpg

g1h2.jpg
Seriously, you'd think concerned more with the collapse of Obama and the Democrats today than the success of Reagan and the Republicans three decades ago.
Seriously, do you stay on the topic asswipe? NEWSFLASH!!! The rw kool aid drinker OP brought up the Gipper (perjurer) NOT me. Glad to help.

6. "Anti-communist labor operated through an organization called the International Confederation of Free Trade Unions. Its founder, Jay Lovestone, sent to Europe after World War II an organizer called Irving Brown. Brown was in effect the commanding general for our side in the battle to organize labor in liberated Europe.

7. .... Reagan who eventually gave Irving Brown the Medal of Freedom. President Kennedy understood the import of the Free Trade Union movement, too. When JFK went to Berlin in 1963, his first stop was at a meeting of anti-communist labor.

8. .... Lovestone’s labor confederation that ... eventually affiliated a little known union in Gdansk, Poland, called Solidarity, which cracked Soviet rule in the East Bloc and drove through the heart of international communism the stake of free labor.

9. Anti-communist labor leaders — epitomized by Meany and his successor, Lane Kirkland — were experienced, savvy men and women. They were no Republicans. But they were master negotiators. They warned against dickering with our enemies..... we could use labor leaders like that now."
//The Search for Reagan - The New York Sun

No matter how you cut it, Raygun LITERALLY got away w/ murder in Central America & giving weapons to Iranian terrorists. Sad, sad, SAD!!!

Last edited:
g1h2.jpg
Seriously, you'd think concerned more with the collapse of Obama and the Democrats today than the success of Reagan and the Republicans three decades ago.
offtopicjules.jpg

What are you, the new hall monitor????
He's probably still reliving his glory days in primary school.

No matter how you cut it, Raygun LITERALLY got away w/ murder in Central America & giving weapons to Iranian terrorists. Sad, sad, SAD!!!

You are truly as ignorant as they come.

1. Once the Sandinistas captured power in Nicaragua in July 1979, they immediately imposed a ruthless dictatorship, complete with spy networks, a ‘Sandinista Defense Committee’ in each neighborhood, censored all publications, crushed trade unions, and seized the means of production. [see Pascal Fontaine, “Nicaragua: The Failure of a Totalitarian Project,” in Courtois et al., The Black Book of Communism, p. 665-675] 2. 2. The Sandinistas were influenced by three major groups of thought. First, and perhaps most heavily, they were influenced by the teachings of Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels. Marx’s dialectical materialism, proletariat revolution, and rule by the workers seemed perfect and ingenious. The Sandinistas arrogantly viewed themselves as the catalyst of the proletariat revolution in Nicaragua. Second, they were influenced by Augusto Sandino, the aforementioned hero of the anti-US struggle. Sandino was a paternal character whose ideas were reflective of his pagan religion, his Marxist beliefs, and his close association with anarchism. Finally, they were influenced by the Christian Theology of Liberation. The Impact of the Sandinistas on Nicaragua
i. The Sandinistas, in the first few months of their sovereignty, ignored their promise of political democracy. They immediately set up a ruling junta, made up of five top Sandinista officials, including Daniel Ortega and Violeta Barrios de Chamorro. And, as well, their promise of international nonalignment was violated: they allied with the Soviet Union and Cuba, receiving heavy financial and military aid from these countries. They grew more and more distant from the US and other capitalist nations. Ibid.

ii. Equal parts of improved education and political oppression: they carried out some eight thousand political executions in three years; and by 1983 they had over twenty thousand prisoners in their jails.

3. Similar to the Khmer Rouge, forcibly relocated tens of thousands of Miskito Indians, and killed or imprisoned about fifteen thousand of them. Like Stalin, they used famine as a weapon against the ‘enemies of the people.’ Humberto Belli, “Breaking Faith,” p. 106-117.

i. By 1986, a vicious and violent “resettlement program” forced some two hundred thousand Nicaraguans into 145 “settlements” throughout the country. This monstrous social-engineering program included the designation of “free-fire” zones, in which government troops had carte blanche to shoot and kill any peasant they spotted. The Two Malcontents Commie Pinkos

4. The Left felt profoundly devastated by the victory of the Opposition Parties under Violeta Chamorro, who ousted Daniel Ortega on February 25, 1990. The true believers had championed tyrants who would sacrifice human blood on the altar of utopian ideals.
Glazov, “United in Hate,” p. 96.

By "the Left," Glazov was referring to the Liberals in Congress.

i. By 1986, a vicious and violent “resettlement program” forced some two hundred thousand Nicaraguans into 145 “settlements”throughout the country. This monstrous social-engineering program included the designation of “free-fire” zones, in which government troops had carte blanche to shoot and kill any peasant they spotted. The Two Malcontents Commie Pinkos

Like Japanese imprisonment during WWII and the Native Americans put on reservations?

Forum List

Back