Despite improved Dem showing, Texas GOP sets midterm record

I'm reading that Ted Cruz will demolish Beto O'Rourke! is anybody else hearing the same?

Hmmmm that'd be verrrry nice! :04:

no, the argument was that the ACA saved their lives. it didn't.

Nothing can save anyone's life as we all end up dead.
then don't hold up the ACA as some miraculous intervention. that's all. And it was the argument. Doctors save, medicine saves, insurance rakes people over the coals and takes their money. I don't need government to tell me to get a doctor and get medicine.

I hate the ACA and have said so 1000 times on this forum.

That does not change how illogical your argument was.
Since Feb. 2017? That is a lot, show us one.

Obama care penalty... GONE!!!!!!

The mandate was originally developed by the CONSERVATIVE Heritage Foundation. It was designed to stop freeloaders who drive up premiums for everyone. These people do not buy insurance when they are healthy and only buy it when they get sick.

Google Obamacare testimonials.
Thanks for proving once again how uniformed you are.

There was a 60 Mins segment of just that. Lives that were saved due to The ACA.

You were probably watching Fox that night... and every night.
no way to prove it. all speculation and mirrors. fictitious.
So I guess a first hand testimonial isn’t proof.. esp with the the people’s doctors’s standing next to them. Lol
Too lazy to research it yourself? Of course you are
You don’t want the truth. You have any to wallow in your side’s RW propaganda.
how can there be a testimonial? how can someone know if they would have died if not for ACA?

The ACA did help people. However it clearly needed some reforms. Instead of trying to reform it, Republicans wanted to kick people off of it and pit Americans against each other.
actually all they really wanted was an end to the mandate and that was accomplished.

The trouble is that it will drive up insurance premiums and these increased premiums will be revealed weeks before the midterms.

I'm reading that Ted Cruz will demolish Beto O'Rourke! is anybody else hearing the same?

Beto has no chance.

I think Trump will energize the gop red states than benefited form the tax "plan

Yeah, and it will start in Texas......Bwaaaahhhhhhaaaaahhhhaaaaaaa..

Blue wave may be building in Texas

giphy.gif
After watching this DO NOTHING Congress, why on earth would any reasonable person vote R?

Because doing nothing is better than doing what democrats want to do.

Idk why brain dead bripat9643 is chirping away.

Dems set a new record in Texas, too
and still lost

:lol:

You understand that this was a primary election, right?
and the counts were what? GOP would have won with the count. that was what was being bragged on.
Failed attempt at saving face. You’re not very good at this.
then why mention anything about changing the state blue? I'm waiting.

Long term the state looks like it is turning blue. 56% of the turnout was Republican and 44% Democrat. The trouble with the GOP is it appeals to white, older, male voters. They will gradually die out. The GOP has alienated every other group.

There goes the snowflake wet dream of turning Texas blue up in smoke.

For all the talk of renewed Democratic energy heading into the 2018 midterms, Texas Republicans have set a new benchmark for turnout in a midterm election.

More than 1.5 million people voted Tuesday in the Republican primary for U.S. Senate, won by incumbent Ted Cruz. That beats the previous record of 1.48 million in 2010, during former President Barack Obama’s first term.

In 2012, 1.2 million Republicans voted in primaries while 500,000 Democrats voted. That is a margin of 700,000. 1.5 million Republicans voted versus 1.2 million Democrats. A margin of 300,000. In Texas, Republicans may have a cushion however in swing states this may not be the case. This is still bad news for Republicans and good news for Democrats.

So tell me...How many seats do "Moral victories" gain in Congress?

It shows that Democrats are energized. Statewide in Texas it may not matter but in a swing state if that trend holds, Republicans are in trouble.

People are not going to vote against their paychecks. They know how it
was with Obama. You've got to run on something, not just this drivel hate
message that folks tire of.

People will vote to protect their income. They don't give a rat's ass about
DACA people. They care about their own way of life.

You've chased off all the White blue collar workers, which was once your
life blood, now it's your death kneel. Deal with it.

and still lost

and the counts were what? GOP would have won with the count. that was what was being bragged on.

Long term the state looks like it is turning blue. 56% of the turnout was Republican and 44% Democrat. The trouble with the GOP is it appeals to white, older, male voters. They will gradually die out. The GOP has alienated every other group.
I remember. Hillary was going to win the election for the very same reasons a mere 18 months ago.

and still lost

And the younger people grow older and wiser and keep it red. Trump took
the white women vote in 2016 53-45 and pulled in 38% of Hispanics.

Without a message you fuckers are dead in the water

Beto has no chance.

I think Trump will energize the gop red states than benefited form the tax "plan

The trouble is that Congressional districts are where the House elections are decided. This tax law will have unequal consequences. Rural areas will benefit but suburban areas could see their taxes go up. Rural areas are generally safe GOP seats. Suburban areas have been a problem with the GOP.

Trump took
A lot of people figured they’d give an outsider a chance. Now some of them are realizing their mistake. His approval ratings are upside down. He won’t pull those numbers again

Trump took
A lot of people figured they’d give an outsider a chance. Now some of them are realizing their mistake. His approval ratings are upside down. He won’t pull those numbers again
If wishes were horses then beggars (Democrats) would ride. It's an obscure but poignant expression.

Suck it up buttercup.

Trump took
If wishes were horses then beggars (Democrats) would ride. It's an obscure but poignant expression.

Suck it up buttercup.
We shall see, meatstick

And the younger people grow older and wiser and keep it red. Trump took

Without a message you fuckers are dead in the water

Reagan's strength was younger voters. That benefitted the GOP. That is no longer true.

Reagan 64%
Mondale 36

Romney 57%
Obama 41

Trump 52%
Clinton 43

Trump took

Suck it up buttercup.
We shall see, meatstick
You know, chronic butt hurt stops being a physical ailment and becomes deeply psychological with time.

Nothing can save anyone's life as we all end up dead.
then don't hold up the ACA as some miraculous intervention. that's all. And it was the argument. Doctors save, medicine saves, insurance rakes people over the coals and takes their money. I don't need government to tell me to get a doctor and get medicine.

I hate the ACA and have said so 1000 times on this forum.

That does not change how illogical your argument was.
Since Feb. 2017? That is a lot, show us one.

Obama care penalty... GONE!!!!!!

The mandate was originally developed by the CONSERVATIVE Heritage Foundation. It was designed to stop freeloaders who drive up premiums for everyone. These people do not buy insurance when they are healthy and only buy it when they get sick.

And now it is gone and there will be more freeloaders than ever. So, the only answer is to remove the laws that require medical personnel and hospital from being forced to give service to those who cannot pay. That would get a lot of people suddenly interested in getting insurance.

Let's put it this way. If the democrats do not post gains in the mid terms, they truly deserve to be permanently retired.

In 2012, 1.2 million Republicans voted in primaries while 500,000 Democrats voted. That is a margin of 700,000. 1.5 million Republicans voted versus 1.2 million Democrats. A margin of 300,000. In Texas, Republicans may have a cushion however in swing states this may not be the case. This is still bad news for Republicans and good news for Democrats.
One can't make this butthurt up at all.

One can't make up the fact that you are a idiot. Democrats are unlikely to win any statewide seats but they could win a few Congressional seats.
I merely asked, did someone say texas was turning blue yesterday or not? well actually purple.

If Republican turnout is up 7% and Democrat turnout up 240% that is cause for alarm. Also in the 3 Congressional seats that Democrats are targeting, Democrat turnout exceeded that of Republican turnout. It also continues the trend of increased Democrat turnout we saw in Virginia and New Jersey.
but in texas it was GOP 1.5 million and dems was 1 million. again you don't understand math.

I read the wrong figures however even Ted Cruz has warned that Congressional seats in Texas are at risk. The 3 seats that the Democrats are targeting have roughly equal turnouts.

One can't make this butthurt up at all.

One can't make up the fact that you are a idiot. Democrats are unlikely to win any statewide seats but they could win a few Congressional seats.
I merely asked, did someone say texas was turning blue yesterday or not? well actually purple.

If Republican turnout is up 7% and Democrat turnout up 240% that is cause for alarm. Also in the 3 Congressional seats that Democrats are targeting, Democrat turnout exceeded that of Republican turnout. It also continues the trend of increased Democrat turnout we saw in Virginia and New Jersey.
but in texas it was GOP 1.5 million and dems was 1 million. again you don't understand math.

I read the wrong figures however even Ted Cruz has warned that Congressional seats in Texas are at risk. The 3 seats that the Democrats are targeting have roughly equal turnouts.
You read the wrong figures?! WTF does that mean?

There goes the snowflake wet dream of turning Texas blue up in smoke.

For all the talk of renewed Democratic energy heading into the 2018 midterms, Texas Republicans have set a new benchmark for turnout in a midterm election.

More than 1.5 million people voted Tuesday in the Republican primary for U.S. Senate, won by incumbent Ted Cruz. That beats the previous record of 1.48 million in 2010, during former President Barack Obama’s first term.

So tell me...How many seats do "Moral victories" gain in Congress?

It shows that Democrats are energized. Statewide in Texas it may not matter but in a swing state if that trend holds, Republicans are in trouble.

People are not going to vote against their paychecks. They know how it
was with Obama. You've got to run on something, not just this drivel hate
message that folks tire of.

People will vote to protect their income. They don't give a rat's ass about
DACA people. They care about their own way of life.

You've chased off all the White blue collar workers, which was once your
life blood, now it's your death kneel. Deal with it.

Actually I haven't chased anyone off. I am now a independent because both parties are corrupt. The problem with the tax bill are the carve outs that rich people can use to lower their income. There is a article that the rich have fissured out a way to get their income taxed at the 20% pass-through rate. Explain that too someone who is paying 25% and is not rich. Also explain how Wall Street tycoons can use the carried interest deduction to shield their income. Sometimes fairness is a legitimate issue. People do care about DACA and they object to Republicans kowtowing to white supremacists.

The GOP's problem is the suburbs. Gillespie did well in the areas that Trump did well however he got clobbered in the suburbs. He did worse than Trump did.

Forum List

Back