Despite Losing in MI, Hillary took 68 Delegates to Sanders 65

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
Yep, even though Bernie won more votes and took 50% of the vote to her 48%, Clinton still got 68 delegates and Bernie only got 65, wow.

Hillary Clinton candidate page

Doncha just love them Super Duper Delegates?

Nice if you hold the power.....

Welcome to what pissed us off in 2008 (those who were HRC supporters)....HRC won Texas and BHO won Idaho in the same week or so and Obama got something like twice as many delegates that week.

They all agreed to the rules going in.... most of the observers/supporters didn't know them though.

Hillary is a well-protected paper tiger. If Bernie had not played into the nice trick of the DNC by not really going after Hillary in the debates, he would have done much better.
Bernie is a nice guy, but he just doesn't have what it takes to win, sad!

The super delegates know The Donald will embarrass the hell out of Bernie. They have to go with Hillary, or if she goes to jail, Biden or someone else.

Hillary is a well-protected paper tiger. If Bernie had not played into the nice trick of the DNC by not really going after Hillary in the debates, he would have done much better.
Bernie is a nice guy, but he just doesn't have what it takes to win, sad!

I am going to be sad----comes November ----but not sad that Bernie ain't IT

Yep, even though Bernie won more votes and took 50% of the vote to her 48%, Clinton still got 68 delegates and Bernie only got 65, wow.

Clearly you're ignorant of the fact that both major parties are private entities, not part of 'government,' at liberty to select their respective presidential nominees as they see fit.

Consequently the thread premise fails.

Clearly you're ignorant of the fact that both major parties are private entities, not part of 'government,' at liberty to select their respective presidential nominees as they see fit.

Consequently the thread premise fails.

the thread premise?

Welcome to what pissed us off in 2008 (those who were HRC supporters)....HRC won Texas and BHO won Idaho in the same week or so and Obama got something like twice as many delegates that week.

They all agreed to the rules going in.... most of the observers/supporters didn't know them though.
I just don't like the fact the DNC is helping that horrid little slut steal.

who is the "horrid little slut" and what it is "stealing"? (ps---it's not me)

Hillary

Hillary

what is the slut stealing?

Hillary

Delegates in an attempt to take out what many Americans WANT. That being Sanders.

Hillary

Delegates in an attempt to take out what many Americans WANT. That being Sanders.

you believe that HILLARY et al. is desperate to knock sanders out of contention?

ok-----------but THEY IS ALL PLAYING THAT GAME WITH EACH OTHER.
Sluts have rights, too. "stealing"?

What happens at the DNC though when he has more elected delegates than her?
Will the super delegates be brave enough to support her?

Last edited:
What happens at the DNC though when he has more elected delegates that her?

can they legally do so?
As I understand it, the super delegates are free to support whoever they choose.

that's what I thought-----but----someone-----on the board today (?????) ---
said no-----they are obligated to support the one VOTED IN (?????)

can they legally do so?
As I understand it, the super delegates are free to support whoever they choose.

"Democratic superdelegates are free to support any candidate for the nomination. This contrasts with convention "pledged" delegates that are selected based on the party primaries and caucuses in each U.S. state, in which voters choose among candidates for the party's presidential nomination. Because they are free to support anyone they want, superdelegates could potentially swing the results to nominate a presidential candidate that did not receive the majority of votes during the primaries."
Superdelegate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

can they legally do so?

"Democratic superdelegates are free to support any candidate for the nomination. This contrasts with convention "pledged" delegates that are selected based on the party primaries and caucuses in each U.S. state, in which voters choose among candidates for the party's presidential nomination. Because they are free to support anyone they want, superdelegates could potentially swing the results to nominate a presidential candidate that did not receive the majority of votes during the primaries."
Superdelegate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

oh-----ok ---that's the weird hitch ---------that I thought exists but was too lazy to
google----thanks. Seems to me that ----now that people know ------they won't

Forum List

Back