Detroit..A Democrat Failure

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
Over 60 yrs. Democrat...sheesh

[ame=http://youtu.be/BUpSmieZz5o]Charles Krauthammer: Detroit Is Not a GOP Failure, 'It's Been Run by the Democrats for 60 Years' - YouTube[/ame]

I don't know, but I know Coleman Young was a Democrat and he told YT to get past Eight Mile Road and take their businesses with them.

I wonder if those executives who ran our car companies into the ground were Democrat or Republican?

I wonder if those union "representatives" who demanded and GOT unrealistically high wages for putting a screw in place every 15 minutes on an assembly line, (or something similarly asinine), outrageous pensions, compensation/wages for grade school dropouts that would be the envy of college graduates elsewhere, producing crap that zonks out after 100,000 miles (generously), GOT drunken assembly line workers back to work after boozing during their lunch time, GOT the most benefit for the least return by their members at every turn, feel even the slightest bit guilty and responsible for the demise of Detroit?

I wonder if those executives who ran our car companies into the ground were Democrat or Republican?

I wonder if those union "representatives" who demanded and GOT unrealistically high wages for putting a screw in place every 15 minutes on an assembly line, (or something similarly asinine), outrageous pensions, compensation/wages for grade school dropouts that would be the envy of college graduates elsewhere, producing crap that zonks out after 100,000 miles (generously), GOT drunken assembly line workers back to work after boozing during their lunch time, GOT the most benefit for the least return by their members at every turn, feel even the slightest bit guilty and responsible for the demise of Detroit?

They certainly share some of the blame. But they weren't picking some of those aweful care models.

They certainly share some of the blame. But they weren't picking some of those aweful care models.

After many GM cars in my life, I felt betrayed when GM dumped Pontiac and Oldsmobile.

If I ever buy a vehicle produced in North America, it will be a vehicle that was produced in a "RIGHT TO WORK" state, without union labor, and produced by a company that was smart and strong enough without government bail out.

Last edited:

I wonder why those executives who were selected to run those companies didn't have the wherewithall to deal effectively with the unions.

Maybe they were more concerned with counting their money and looking forward to their outrageous bonuses.

My Oldsmobile SUCKS! To haides with GM. Just think if the turd in chief had have not bailed that worthless company out then we wouldn't be stuck looking a late model Camaros or the bone strobes that drive them.

Detroit is a shinning example of what can be done when Democrats and Unions work together to fill their pockets.

(Interesting article..check the link)

Wrenching economic change … income inequality ... political corruption … ineffective government … rigid institutions … chronic debt and racism -- these are the things that bankrupted Detroit, morally and fiscally, and they're an exaggerated reflection of the nation's challenges.

Economy: Detroit failed to adapt to the global economy and to diversify for the postindustrial era. "Sometimes the losers from economic change are individuals whose skills have become redundant; sometimes they're companies, serving a market niche that no longer exists; and sometimes they're whole cities that lose their place in the economic ecosystem," wrote economic columnist Paul Krugman in today's New York Times. Sometimes, the victims are whole countries, a fact that seems lost on Washington, where the leadership is polarized and smart ideas go to die.

Income inequality: The unemployment rate in Detroit is more than 18 percent. Per capita income is pathetically low, near $15,000. Life is much better for suburban residents. In Grosse Pointe, Mich., separated from Detroit by the aptly named Alter Road, the median family income is more than $100,000, and unemployment is not a problem.

Bad government: "The city's operations have become dysfunctional and wasteful after years of budgetary restrictions, mismanagement, crippling operational practices and, in some cases, indifferences or corruption," Detroit's emergency manager Kevyn Orr wrote in May. "Outdated policies, work practices, procedures, and systems must be improved consistent with best practices of 21st-century government." It would not be a stretch to apply Orr's words to the federal government.

My Hometown: What Detroit's Demise Says About America - NationalJournal.com

Detroit is a shinning example of what can be done when Democrats and Unions work together to fill their pockets.

And corporate executives run our car companies into the ground.

Lets take it another step and add when the federal Government decides they know what is best as opposed to the actual engineers and mandate bizarre requirements for all cars.

And corporate executives run our car companies into the ground.

Of course, the highest ambition of executives is to run their company into the ground. After all , tho more broke the company is, the more millions these executives make.

Open your eyes, moron, and get out of your union cocoon and face reality.

The only ones who ran or ever could run companies into the ground are greedy unions, greedy employees, who contribute not a single penny to improving productivity - on the contrary - trying to take advantage of any and every technical improvement a company makes.

In your own words:

"After all , tho more broke the company is, the more millions these executives make."

Proof positive that you are out of you frigging mind.

Remember, kids, in the Wonderful World of Conservatopia, it's always the greedy worker's fault, never incompetent and overpaid management.

How come all the other cities dominated by Democrats aren't like Detroit?

Maybe there's something unique to Detroit? There is: Failed free trade policies, and racist white flight.

Forum List

Back