Detroit..A Democrat Failure

I wonder if those executives who ran our car companies into the ground were Democrat or Republican?

If Detroit executives made poor car choices, then why wouldn't foreign auto makers move in and fill the void? Actually, they did. But, something kept them out of Detroit. It wasn't the domestic auto executives because they were kicking their ass from places like Tennessee, South Carolina, and Alabama.

White flight?

Coleman Young telling YT to take his creepy cracka ass on the other side of Eight Mile and take his business too didn't help Detroit any. Whodathunk whites leaving were going to take their tax payments with them?

My father ran a division of General Motors, the union members never worked more than 5hrs. a day, so they just napped and played cards and such.

I have family members who work for GM and Jeep down here. They do not work 5 hour days. You can't just walk off the line and take a nap for God's sake. Those guys would beat you up.

That's great to hear...I hope it lasts

My father worked and ran the Division (not automotive) from the 60' thru the 80's, it closed down and moved to Japan.

Well the GM and Jeep plants have been here forever. They've never been allowed to take naps on the job. This isn't the railroads.

Last edited:
I have family members who work for GM and Jeep down here. They do not work 5 hour days. You can't just walk off the line and take a nap for God's sake. Those guys would beat you up.

My father worked and ran the Division (not automotive) from the 60' thru the 80's, it closed down and moved to Japan.

Well the GM and Jeep plants have been here forever. They're never been allowed to take naps on the job. This isn't the railroads.

impressive...deductive reasoning ..:thup:

Detroit failed because greedy American car manufacturers moved their manufacturing plants to foreign countries, decimating Detroit's tax base.

And all the time I thought foreign cars were being built here.

The factories and other physical facilities that foreign carmakers build in the U.S. also represent money that mostly stays and is circulated domestically, covering the cost of land, infrastructure improvements and materials, as well as wages paid to construction workers and engineering and architectural firms.

Overall, Toyota says that it has directly invested more than $18 billion in capital projects in the U.S., including 10 factories and a number of warehouses, research, design and engineering facilities and offices. Honda says its total capital investment in the U.S. through 2012 hit $14.1 billion, with the bulk of it spent on the company's nine U.S. manufacturing plants.

BMW has just one U.S. plant, in South Carolina. But it's a big one, with the capacity to build almost 350,000 vehicles a year, many of which are shipped from the U.S. to other countries. It has invested about $6 billion in that facility, the carmaker reported

Detroit failed because greedy American car manufacturers moved their manufacturing plants to foreign countries, decimating Detroit's tax base.

The factories and other physical facilities that foreign carmakers build in the U.S. also represent money that mostly stays and is circulated domestically, covering the cost of land, infrastructure improvements and materials, as well as wages paid to construction workers and engineering and architectural firms.

Overall, Toyota says that it has directly invested more than $18 billion in capital projects in the U.S., including 10 factories and a number of warehouses, research, design and engineering facilities and offices. Honda says its total capital investment in the U.S. through 2012 hit $14.1 billion, with the bulk of it spent on the company's nine U.S. manufacturing plants.

BMW has just one U.S. plant, in South Carolina. But it's a big one, with the capacity to build almost 350,000 vehicles a year, many of which are shipped from the U.S. to other countries. It has invested about $6 billion in that facility, the carmaker reported.
Ouchie...! Gonna leave a mark.

Last edited:

Well the GM and Jeep plants have been here forever. They're never been allowed to take naps on the job. This isn't the railroads.

impressive...deductive reasoning ..:thup:

I agree...impressive deducting reasoning. And I wonder what the Railroad Union thugs think of Automobile Union thugs claiming their thugs sleep on the job.

But, I would like to say that Private Unions had a worthy aim and they achieved it. They struck a blow against the Robber Barons in New England. They did help create a middle class.

Capitalism...the profit incentive...has been the major factor in making this country the greatest society thus far established in history. Its weakness, a constant problem, is Greed.

The Unions fought a brave and mostly successful fight against greed......and then the Unions got greedy.

BMW has just one U.S. plant, in South Carolina. But it's a big one, with the capacity to build almost 350,000 vehicles a year, many of which are shipped from the U.S. to other countries. It has invested about $6 billion in that facility, the carmaker reported

Hyundai, Honda, Mercedes and Toyota all have plants in Alabama.

The UAW destroyed Detroit, plain and simple...

They undeniably supported Democrats...

You're forgetting the UAW members made twice as much as their Japanese counter parts...

Republicans have made it their mission to destroy the middle class I mean Unions. Why would Unions support them?

Republicans believe in a fair pay for a fair day's of work.

Unions believe extorting as much pay as legally possible for as little work as possible.

Right ceo's in the 70's made 30X the average worker. Now ceo's make 300X the average worker. That's what Republicans believe in.

Republicans have made it their mission to destroy the middle class I mean Unions. Why would Unions support them?

Unions believe extorting as much pay as legally possible for as little work as possible.

Right ceo's in the 70's made 30X the average worker. Now ceo's make 300X the average worker. That's what Republicans believe in.

Where do you get this stuff..?

I don't believe that and no wonder Obama/Democrats suck up to them..

How come all the other cities dominated by Democrats aren't like Detroit?
Aren't like Detroit yet. Also, there is 2 Democrat-dominated states that are hemorrhaging: California & Illinois

Maybe there's something unique to Detroit? There is: ...and racist white flight.
Racist White flight? :lol::lol:

What is racist about wanting to get away from depleted neighborhoods and increased crime rates (both caused by Blacks)?

And before you go calling me a racist, may i remind you: Facts Are Not Racist!

Racist White Flight....that's hilarious!!! What will Libturds think up next?!

Where do you get this stuff..?

I don't believe that and no wonder Obama/Democrats suck up to them..

Oh it's true:
CEO Pay Now $7,000 an Hour ? 350 Times the Average Worker's - Money Morning

CEO pay is between the stockholders and the CEO. If you think a CEO is making too much money, buy stock and speak up at the stockholder's meetings. If you aren't a stockholder, it's none of your business.

Forum List

Back