Dianne Feinstein epic fail

Never mind the fact that a ban on handguns is unconstitutional.
I don't see the word handgun anywhere in the constitution, which part was that in?
DC v Heller
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA v. HELLER

The handgun ban and the trigger-lock requirement (as applied to self-defense) violate the Second Amendment . The District’s total ban on handgun possession in the home amounts to a prohibition on an entire class of “arms” that Americans overwhelmingly choose for the lawful purpose of self-defense. Under any of the standards of scrutiny the Court has applied to enumerated constitutional rights, this prohibition—in the place where the importance of the lawful defense of self, family, and property is most acute—would fail constitutional muster.

You don't have to like the fact that a handgun ban is unconstitutional, but you do need to muster the intelectual honesty to admit it.
No response?
No surprise.

Nobody is stopping you from relocating there. If you live in such fear in America, I'm sure you'd find much lower stress levels were you to go elsewhere.

I live in fear?

I'm not the one crying that I need a gun no matter what the cost. Who is living in fear again? The guy who needs to carry a gun to "protect" himself or the guy who doesn't carry shit.

I own guns, I don't carry them, and I don't cry over them. You are the one who claims to fear assault weapons, and handguns. Not me.

If you weren't scared you wouldn't need a gun. You're the one living in fear. I'm living in reality.

I live in fear?

I'm not the one crying that I need a gun no matter what the cost. Who is living in fear again? The guy who needs to carry a gun to "protect" himself or the guy who doesn't carry shit.

I own guns, I don't carry them, and I don't cry over them. You are the one who claims to fear assault weapons, and handguns. Not me.

If you weren't scared you wouldn't need a gun. You're the one living in fear. I'm living in reality.
Says he who refuses to admit to himself that banning handguns violates the constitution.

It is nice to have the freedom to own one
That is for SURE

Just think how safe we'd all be if every man, woman and child had their own RPG!

That is irrelevant
It would probably be one hellufatime shooting one of them!

Not really irrelevant, because whats to stop someone from making the same argument that they should be able to own one because the constitution doesn't prohibit it?

And hell yeah it looks like a shit ton of fun.

Because there are enough other countries with much tighter gun control laws and much lower levels of homicide and gun violence that tells me that it can work.

Sure it tells you that. You're a mental midget who has no clue how to apply critical thinking.

Probably for the best. An assault weapons ban doesn't go far enough. Should include handguns as well.

Banning assault weapons doesn't accomplish anything at all, since they account for only 1% of all firearm related deaths. And any bill that includes handguns would be shot down by the Supreme Court.

Instead of going after guns, why not address suicide. Suicides account for far more firearm related deaths than homicide.

Right, an assault weapons ban is rather pointless.

Why can't we do both?

And suicide and homicide are two entirely different animals...do I really need to explain the difference?

Do you think people would stop killing each other if all guns were banned?

Just think how safe we'd all be if every man, woman and child had their own RPG!

That is irrelevant
It would probably be one hellufatime shooting one of them!

Not really irrelevant, because whats to stop someone from making the same argument that they should be able to own one because the constitution doesn't prohibit it?

And hell yeah it looks like a shit ton of fun.

You can make the argument, but it won't stand up. The SC has made that clear.

Because there are enough other countries with much tighter gun control laws and much lower levels of homicide and gun violence that tells me that it can work.

Sure it tells you that. You're a mental midget who has no clue how to apply critical thinking.

Ouch? Coming from the guy who NEVER backs up anything he claims.

I shit on you everytime you post, why do you even bother any more?

Why shouldn't we be able to? Where in the constitution does it say I can't have an RPG?

Look How RDD Ignored my Cause and Effect post, and threw out Straw Men.

Click here to see post 40 (Cause and Effect post)

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/284498-dianne-feinstein-epic-fail-3.html#post6973741

Look at how you ignored my request for your SSN Ed. You're not scared of me because you're an internet tough guy who has a shotgun waiting for me. Oooooh!

Probably for the best. An assault weapons ban doesn't go far enough. Should include handguns as well.

You're free to run Congress and propose a Constitutional Amendment. Good luck with that, Stalin.

Wow, good for you. When Hitler references are so 2011, it's time to move on to Stalin comparisons. You're good!

The comparison is applicable. He thought exactly as you did. Dictators and tyrants love an unarmed populace. Why do you love dictators and tyrants so much?

Banning assault weapons doesn't accomplish anything at all, since they account for only 1% of all firearm related deaths. And any bill that includes handguns would be shot down by the Supreme Court.

Instead of going after guns, why not address suicide. Suicides account for far more firearm related deaths than homicide.

Right, an assault weapons ban is rather pointless.

Why can't we do both?

And suicide and homicide are two entirely different animals...do I really need to explain the difference?

Do you think people would stop killing each other if all guns were banned?

Of course not, but it can reduce it dramatically.

Forum List

Back