Dianne Feinstein epic fail

Let me know when your expert analysis has an answer for those questions.
Still waiting for you to admit to yourself that banning handguns violates the constitution.
M14, you missed his expert analysis that Mass Shootings are the only form of crime in the United States (check my last post).
I don't really expect a substantive response -he's wrong, he knows it, he just refuses to admit it.

Look at how you ignored my request for your SSN Ed. You're not scared of me because you're an internet tough guy who has a shotgun waiting for me. Oooooh!

You'll never be serious about curbing violence until:

You realize that CAUSE and EFFECT are not the same.

Gun violence is an EFFECT of crime

Gun violence does not CAUSE crime.
-------------------

So what is causing crime?

Blacks and other minorities are forced to suffer from Inferior Educational Facilities and Inferior Educational Materials (including teachers). This reduces their High School Graduation rates incredibly (what use is Affirmative Action, when most black and other minorities don't even graduate high school to being with?).

Second: Unemployment has ravaged the black community (and other minorities) more than white communities -- so far.

Without education or employment opportunities, many young blacks (and other minorities) are FORCED to turn to crime IN ORDER TO SURVIVE, or subsist minimally on government handouts IN ORDER TO SURVIVE.

The Democrats like this system, because it enslaves blacks to their handouts, and thus votes. Democrats like the crime problem, because anyone who tries to become independent of the handout system (by resorting to crime), ends up behind bars and losing their right to vote.

Republicans like this system because they can use it to appeal to RACIST WHITES to get their own votes.

Did I make it clear to you?

-----------

Cause NOT EQUAL to Effect

/end thread

----------------------------

I'll keep reminding everyone of this until you counter it or admit defeat.

Which black people were involved in Newton?
Which black people shot those people in Aurora?
Which black people shot that Sikh temple?
Which black people attacked Fort Hood?
Which black people shot up Columbine?
Which black people shot up Virginia Tech?

so six examples over a 1o year period vs 500 in a single year in chicago. once again you fail miserably

which black people were involved in newton?
Which black people shot those people in aurora?
Which black people shot that sikh temple?
Which black people attacked fort hood?
Which black people shot up columbine?
Which black people shot up virginia tech?

i thought you were concerned about stopping crime in general and handgun violence, are you saying you don't' care about the black and latino communities suffering from poor educational facilities and lack of employment opportunities?

Why would you change your concerns once you were proven wrong? What is your real concern?

i am concerned about stopping gun violence in general. My point in highlighting those examples was that access to firearms is far to easy in this country and that anyone looking to be violent can find a weapon. we can't just blame this on minorities, we need to blame the way we make it all too easy for anyone to get their hands on a firearm.

exactly! A weapon

You'll never be serious about curbing violence until:

You realize that CAUSE and EFFECT are not the same.

Gun violence is an EFFECT of crime

Gun violence does not CAUSE crime.
-------------------

So what is causing crime?

Blacks and other minorities are forced to suffer from Inferior Educational Facilities and Inferior Educational Materials (including teachers). This reduces their High School Graduation rates incredibly (what use is Affirmative Action, when most black and other minorities don't even graduate high school to being with?).

Second: Unemployment has ravaged the black community (and other minorities) more than white communities -- so far.

Without education or employment opportunities, many young blacks (and other minorities) are FORCED to turn to crime IN ORDER TO SURVIVE, or subsist minimally on government handouts IN ORDER TO SURVIVE.

The Democrats like this system, because it enslaves blacks to their handouts, and thus votes. Democrats like the crime problem, because anyone who tries to become independent of the handout system (by resorting to crime), ends up behind bars and losing their right to vote.

Republicans like this system because they can use it to appeal to RACIST WHITES to get their own votes.

Did I make it clear to you?

-----------

Cause NOT EQUAL to Effect

/end thread

----------------------------

I'll keep reminding everyone of this until you counter it or admit defeat.

so six examples over a 1o year period vs 500 in a single year in chicago. once again you fail miserably

LOL, right over your head. But that's par for the course.

Time to cite to RDD Department of Justice Statistics and Studies (1977 and 2000) that prove that guns reduce the crime rate substantially (never mind democide and other things):

Here's a link to the 2000 study (1977 study below):
http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...s-per-day-are-prevented-by-showing-a-gun.html

Department of Justice Statistics, 1977:
You are far more likely to survive
a violent assault if you defend yourself with a gun.

Resisting with a gun 6%
Did nothing at all 25%
Resisted with a knife 40%
Non-violent resistance 45%

U.S. Department of Justice, Law Enforcement Assistance Administration, Rape Victimization in 26 American Cities, 1979 60
Department of Justice's National Crime Victimization Survey 61
U.S. Department of Justice 62
U.S. Department of Justice 63
British Home Office – no a pro-gun organization by any mean

From these same studies.

Of the 2,500,000 annual self-defense cases using guns, more than 7.7% are by women
defending themselves against sexual abuse.
Fact:
When a woman was armed with a gun or knife, only 3% of the attempted rapes are
successful, compared to 32% when unarmed.

Fact:
The probability of serious injury from an attack is 2.5 times greater for women offering no
resistance than for women resisting with a gun. Men also benefit from using a gun, but the
benefits are smaller: offering no resistance is 1.4 times more likely to result in serious injury than
resisting with a gun.

Fact:
27% of women keep a gun in the house.

Fact:
37.6 million women either own or have rapid access to guns.

Fact:
In 1966 the city of Orlando responded to a wave of sexual assaults by offering firearms
training classes to women. The number of rapes dropped by nearly 90%.

https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/Digitization/55878NCJRS.pdf

Last edited:

I thought you were concerned about stopping crime in general and handgun violence, are you saying you don't' care about the black and latino communities suffering from poor educational facilities and lack of employment opportunities?

Why would you change your concerns once you were proven wrong? What is your real concern?

I am concerned about stopping gun violence in general. My point in highlighting those examples was that access to firearms is FAR to easy in this country and that anyone looking to be violent can find a weapon. We can't just blame this on minorities, we need to blame the way we make it all too easy for anyone to get their hands on a firearm.

but minorities are by far the greatest contributors to the problem. take out the inner city violence and drug related issues and all of a sudden, we don't have a gun problem anymore

i thought you were concerned about stopping crime in general and handgun violence, are you saying you don't' care about the black and latino communities suffering from poor educational facilities and lack of employment opportunities?

i am concerned about stopping gun violence in general. My point in highlighting those examples was that access to firearms is far to easy in this country and that anyone looking to be violent can find a weapon. we can't just blame this on minorities, we need to blame the way we make it all too easy for anyone to get their hands on a firearm.

exactly! A weapon

A gun. Lets not play semantics.

Ok, so what's your solution to address the problem?

The majority of firearm related deaths come from suicide. I support people being able to do what they want with their own body, even if that means destroying it. Towards that end, I would do nothing.

As for homicide related firearm deaths, that would require a cultural shift. Violence is seen as an acceptable and simple way to resolve conflicts. As much as I hate to lay blame on the entertainment industry, they do have skin in this game. It would require society as a whole to reject mindless violence, both towards people they know and in their entertainment.

Canada isn't shielded from the entertainment industry. So what's the difference?

We have ten times the population squeezed into a smalled land mass.

Time to cite to RDD Department of Justice Statistics and Studies (1977 and 2000) that prove that guns reduce the crime rate substantially (never mind democide and other things):

Resisting with a gun 6%
Did nothing at all 25%

U.S. Department of Justice, Law Enforcement Assistance Administration, Rape Victimization in 26 American Cities, 1979 60
Department of Justice's National Crime Victimization Survey 61
U.S. Department of Justice 62
U.S. Department of Justice 63
British Home Office – no a pro-gun organization by any mean

From these same studies.

Of the 2,500,000 annual self-defense cases using guns, more than 7.7% are by women
Fact:

Fact:
The probability of serious injury from an attack is 2.5 times greater for women offering no
resistance than for women resisting with a gun. Men also benefit from using a gun, but the
benefits are smaller: offering no resistance is 1.4 times more likely to result in serious injury than
resisting with a gun.

Fact:

Fact:

Fact:
In 1966 the city of Orlando responded to a wave of sexual assaults by offering firearms

How many times does this need to be debunked before you stop posting it?

I thought you were concerned about stopping crime in general and handgun violence, are you saying you don't' care about the black and latino communities suffering from poor educational facilities and lack of employment opportunities?

I am concerned about stopping gun violence in general. My point in highlighting those examples was that access to firearms is FAR to easy in this country and that anyone looking to be violent can find a weapon. We can't just blame this on minorities, we need to blame the way we make it all too easy for anyone to get their hands on a firearm.

but minorities are by far the greatest contributors to the problem. take out the inner city violence and drug related issues and all of a sudden, we don't have a gun problem anymore

So whats your solution?

I live in fear?

I'm not the one crying that I need a gun no matter what the cost. Who is living in fear again? The guy who needs to carry a gun to "protect" himself or the guy who doesn't carry shit.

I own guns, I don't carry them, and I don't cry over them. You are the one who claims to fear assault weapons, and handguns. Not me.

If you weren't scared you wouldn't need a gun. You're the one living in fear. I'm living in reality.

Unlike your justification to control guns, my ownership of guns has no basis on emotions. They are simply tools to me.

Resisting with a gun 6%
Did nothing at all 25%

From these same studies.

Fact:

Fact:
resisting with a gun.

Fact:

Fact:

Fact:

How many times does this need to be debunked before you stop posting it?

try debunking it with facts for a change instead of spin

I own guns, I don't carry them, and I don't cry over them. You are the one who claims to fear assault weapons, and handguns. Not me.

If you weren't scared you wouldn't need a gun. You're the one living in fear. I'm living in reality.

Unlike your justification to control guns, my ownership of guns has no basis on emotions. They are simply tools to me.

Tools of fear. Creation and prevention. You're scared and need a gun to make yourself feel better.

Tools of fear. Creation and prevention. You're scared and need a gun to make yourself feel better.
So?
YOU are intellectually dishonest, a trait you CHOOSE to take on.

Inanimate objects don't really make me feel better, or worse for that matter, I'm sort of indifferent to them. If I'm not afraid of those tools, then it must be you who is afraid of them.

Forum List

Back