Dianne Feinstein epic fail

Why do you feel like this? Honestly..

I've said this before....because an assault weapons ban is pointless. If we were being serious about curbing violence, which we never will be, then a ban would have to include hand guns....which will never happen.

That would not curb violence. It might change the tools used in violence, but I doubt it. The genie is already out of the bottle. Any attempt to put it back is a waste of time and effort.

Right, we aren't going to confiscate weapons. There are too many out there already.

I don't see the word handgun anywhere in the constitution, which part was that in?

Wow have you exposed your ignorance. You're right, the Constitution does not mention handguns...or any firearms for that matter. This means the regulation of such is NOT among the enumerated powers. The federal government therefore has no business meddling with them.

That all firearms one can 'bear' are specifically protected and enshrined in the Bill of Rights is merely gravy.

Sign me up for my RPG!

It is nice to have the freedom to own one
That is for SURE

Why just a selective ban of inanimate objects that may be used to hurt an innocent person? Why not ALL firearms?

Since the written word can also spur violent actions from lesser citizens, can you also enlighten us as to which books we should ban? Better tells us which video games should be burn as well.

I don't know, I'm just so happy we have folks like you that clearly know what's best for everyone else...:doubt:

You're welcome.

Troll didn't address the questions posed. Typical.

Oh, you were being serious?

Probably for the best. An assault weapons ban doesn't go far enough. Should include handguns as well.

Banning assault weapons doesn't accomplish anything at all, since they account for only 1% of all firearm related deaths. And any bill that includes handguns would be shot down by the Supreme Court.

Instead of going after guns, why not address suicide. Suicides account for far more firearm related deaths than homicide.

Right, an assault weapons ban is rather pointless.

Why can't we do both?

And suicide and homicide are two entirely different animals...do I really need to explain the difference?

Because banning weapons is addressing the symptom, not the problem.

Banning assault weapons doesn't accomplish anything at all, since they account for only 1% of all firearm related deaths. And any bill that includes handguns would be shot down by the Supreme Court.

Instead of going after guns, why not address suicide. Suicides account for far more firearm related deaths than homicide.

Why can't we do both?

And suicide and homicide are two entirely different animals...do I really need to explain the difference?
And banning handguns violates the constitution.

Probably not..
Why do you think banning all guns would solve anything?
Do you think criminals would oblidge?
Do you think freedom is easy?

Because there are enough other countries with much tighter gun control laws and much lower levels of homicide and gun violence that tells me that it can work.

Nobody is stopping you from relocating there. If you live in such fear in America, I'm sure you'd find much lower stress levels were you to go elsewhere.

I live in fear?

I'm not the one crying that I need a gun no matter what the cost. Who is living in fear again? The guy who needs to carry a gun to "protect" himself or the guy who doesn't carry shit.

Why do you feel like this? Honestly..

I've said this before....because an assault weapons ban is pointless. If we were being serious about curbing violence, which we never will be, then a ban would have to include hand guns....which will never happen.

You'll never be serious about curbing violence until:

You realize that CAUSE and EFFECT are not the same.

Gun violence is an EFFECT of crime

Gun violence does not CAUSE crime.
-------------------

So what is causing crime?

Blacks and other minorities are forced to suffer from Inferior Educational Facilities and Inferior Educational Materials (including teachers). This reduces their High School Graduation rates incredibly (what use is Affirmative Action, when most black and other minorities don't even graduate high school to being with?).

Second: Unemployment has ravaged the black community (and other minorities) more than white communities -- so far.

Without education or employment opportunities, many young blacks (and other minorities) are FORCED to turn to crime IN ORDER TO SURVIVE, or subsist minimally on government handouts IN ORDER TO SURVIVE.

The Democrats like this system, because it enslaves blacks to their handouts, and thus votes. Democrats like the crime problem, because anyone who tries to become independent of the handout system (by resorting to crime), ends up behind bars and losing their right to vote.

Republicans like this system because they can use it to appeal to RACIST WHITES to get their own votes.

Did I make it clear to you?

-----------

Cause NOT EQUAL to Effect

/end thread

I don't think I would restrict this to blacks and other minorities. In general though, I think you are spot on.

Wow have you exposed your ignorance. You're right, the Constitution does not mention handguns...or any firearms for that matter. This means the regulation of such is NOT among the enumerated powers. The federal government therefore has no business meddling with them.

That all firearms one can 'bear' are specifically protected and enshrined in the Bill of Rights is merely gravy.

Sign me up for my RPG!

That is for SURE

Just think how safe we'd all be if every man, woman and child had their own RPG!

Because there are enough other countries with much tighter gun control laws and much lower levels of homicide and gun violence that tells me that it can work.

Nobody is stopping you from relocating there. If you live in such fear in America, I'm sure you'd find much lower stress levels were you to go elsewhere.

I live in fear?

I'm not the one crying that I need a gun no matter what the cost. Who is living in fear again? The guy who needs to carry a gun to "protect" himself or the guy who doesn't carry shit.

I own guns, I don't carry them, and I don't cry over them. You are the one who claims to fear assault weapons, and handguns. Not me.

Why can't we do both?

Ok, so what's your solution to address the problem?

I live in fear?

I don't want a gun because I need one. I want a gun because I want one. I can afford one. I know how to use it and I have not used it illegally. I don't need a better reason than that.

I don't see the word handgun anywhere in the constitution, which part was that in?

Sign me up for my RPG!

Troll

Sign me up for my RPG!

That is for SURE

Careful what you wish for..

Forum List

Back