Dick’s, Major Gun Retailer, Will Stop Selling Assault-Style Rifles

You understand that there is no such thing as "assault style' rifles, right?
You understand that you are a lying son of a bitch? Any rifle that can be fired 30 times in under ten seconds is an assault rifle. And should not be sold to the general public. As has been proven in Vegas, Texas, and now Florida, lethal when a crazy gets their hands on it. And in the meantime, the NRA defends arming people with mental problems.
You're a lying ****.

An assault weapon is a fully automatic weapon.

Fucking moron.
Playing the "That Isn't What You Call It" game is getting old. Everyone knows what we're talking about. I agree we need a word that describes it more accurately than "weapons of mass destruction," but until that happens, you might do better addressing the actual issue rather than playing semantics games that won't get you anywhere.

Your side can't say "ban semi-auto weapons" because you know it will never happen. so you make up soooper sceeery words for them, and hope you fool enough people to get legislation passed.

The Democratic control proposal would ban all semi-autos, even handguns.

BUT BUT BUT I THOUGHT THE DEMS WEREN'T GOING TO BAN GUNS!!!

either you are all liars, all idiots, or somewhere in between.
I am not saying "ban all semi-auto weapons" because it has been explained to me that most guns in this country, whether rifle or handgun, are semiauto's in the sense that a bullet enters the chamber as soon as one has been fired. The argument is not against all guns, so saying "all semi-auto's" wouldn't be accurate.

The Dems just proposed a law that would ban all semi-autos except a few rifles.

You understand that you are a lying son of a bitch? Any rifle that can be fired 30 times in under ten seconds is an assault rifle. And should not be sold to the general public. As has been proven in Vegas, Texas, and now Florida, lethal when a crazy gets their hands on it. And in the meantime, the NRA defends arming people with mental problems.
You're a lying ****.

Fucking moron.
Playing the "That Isn't What You Call It" game is getting old. Everyone knows what we're talking about. I agree we need a word that describes it more accurately than "weapons of mass destruction," but until that happens, you might do better addressing the actual issue rather than playing semantics games that won't get you anywhere.

Your side can't say "ban semi-auto weapons" because you know it will never happen. so you make up soooper sceeery words for them, and hope you fool enough people to get legislation passed.

Yup...another Trumpettes Liar.

You are a fucking moron.

You're a lying ****.

Fucking moron.

I am not saying "ban all semi-auto weapons" because it has been explained to me that most guns in this country, whether rifle or handgun, are semiauto's in the sense that a bullet enters the chamber as soon as one has been fired. The argument is not against all guns, so saying "all semi-auto's" wouldn't be accurate.

Then why in the world are you afraid of the AR-15....which is the exact same gun as all the other guns you just said you don't want to ban?.....your response is not rational or thought out.....
The AR is not "the exact same gun" as the others and your response is the one that is irrational. I'm not playing that game with you anymore, Guy. You know weapons and you know why people buy them and why mass shooters choose them most of the time. So telling me I'm irrational and not thinking doesn't fly.

The mechanism is exactly the same for almost all semi-automatic rifles.

Know what you are talking about before you get a position on something.

You're a lying ****.

Fucking moron.

Then why in the world are you afraid of the AR-15....which is the exact same gun as all the other guns you just said you don't want to ban?.....your response is not rational or thought out.....
The AR is not "the exact same gun" as the others and your response is the one that is irrational. I'm not playing that game with you anymore, Guy. You know weapons and you know why people buy them and why mass shooters choose them most of the time. So telling me I'm irrational and not thinking doesn't fly.
Looking scary does not make it any more 'dangerous'. However, it IS the exact same. IT fires one bullet for every pull of the trigger.

That is what they all do. No more, no less.

dicks-467016.JPG

Progressives oppose any sort of weapon that includes compound bows

Weapons are just part of an enormous list of things the Progressives have a completely screwed up view towards ... :thup:

That's why they find it easier to blame the firearm and the NRA.
Otherwise they would have to inspect the multitude of Progressive policies that shielded Nikolas Cruz from the consequences of his actions prior to shooting up the school.

The school district's policies in handling Nikolas Cruz...
Did more towards ensuring he never got the attention he required/warranted ...
And that could have helped prevent the incident.

LOL it's all coming to an end for the nra and their rank and file loons

Dick's Sporting Goods, the nation's largest sporting goods retailer, will stop selling assault-style weapons like the one used in the Parkland, Florida, high school shooting.
The company said it will also raise the minimum age for all gun sales to 21. Dick's (DKS) will not sell high-capacity magazines that allow shooters to fire far more rounds than traditional weapons without reloading, as well as other accessories used with weapons similar to the AR-15.

Dick's Sporting Goods will stop selling assault-style rifles
They are not rifles.

They are carbines.

Or you can call them assault weapons, like Adolf did -- Sturmgewehr.
An ar15 is a sporting rifle, .223/5.56 and the like are not carbine cartridges... technically

Progressives oppose any sort of weapon that includes compound bows

Weapons are just part of an enormous list of things the Progressives have a completely screwed up view towards ... :thup:

That's why they find it easier to blame the firearm and the NRA.
Otherwise they would have to inspect the multitude of Progressive policies that shielded Nikolas Cruz from the consequences of his actions prior to shooting up the school.

The school district's policies in handling Nikolas Cruz...
Did more towards ensuring he never got the attention he required/warranted ...
And that could have helped prevent the incident.

Yep, My firearms and ammo sales have skyrocketed over the last week or so…
:dance:

I was shocked perusing the list of states with magazine limits x 10 / 15 rounds (had no idea so many states on the list) ... Anyone know what's happening to AR sales in these states? (kind-o defeats the purpose of the AR)... Also, any data on the relinquishment of "hi-cap" mags in these states...? I would imagine that a significant % keep their existing mags despite changes in the "law"...?

Meanwhile at other gun shops; my husband is seriously considering buying this one for later lolz - Axelson Tactical Tribute Series Centerfire Rifles : Cabela's

Proving once again that these school shootings are good for gun business.

Actually it’s the leftist calls for bans, and regulations that drive gun sales. If they don’t want to boost sales they should learn to keep their mouth shut; and quit threatening people’s rights. Simple.

That's not always something that makes me joyfully dance.

I support everyone's Constitutional rights to own firearms ...
But don't for one second think I haven't asked one or two folks not to bring their firearms to my place.

We shoot regularly at my place ... But there are still some folks that don't exercise proper safety.
That's called "self-governing" ... Is allowed in the 10th Amendment ... And is appreciated by the insurance company that carries my homeowner's policy.

Last edited:
Ooo....

Was Dick's selling the full semi-automatics?

OMG.....we need to ban full semi-automatics! They is assault weapons!

You know the sad part is the regressive bedwetting left doesn't understand why that was funny and absurd. These idiots want to ban things they have no inkling about.

That's not always something that makes me joyfully dance.

I support everyone's Constitutional rights to own firearms ...
But don't for one second think I haven't asked one or two folks not to bring their firearms to my place.

We shoot regularly at my place ... But there are still some folks that don't exercise proper safety.

Unlike some on the left who embrace every gun related tragedy for the furtherance of their ideology (perhaps even 'false flag' events)... Conversely, I welcome the fact that the populace reacts to 'over reach of the legislators' in thinking about and preparing themselves for the potential of a dubious future.

I was shocked perusing the list of states with magazine limits x 10 / 15 rounds (had no idea so many states on the list) ... Anyone know what's happening to AR sales in these states? (kind-o defeats the purpose of the AR)... Also, any data on the relinquishment of "hi-cap" mags in these states...? I would imagine that a significant % keep their existing mags despite changes in the "law"...?
Magazines are super easy to make, And there are billions of them out there

Someone should inform them that they didn't sell 'assault type' rifles before.

So, they would say they are operating as 'business as usual'.
That bit is explained in the article, which apparently you didn’t read.
Hey genius you can do that with most guns. Why don't you educate yourself before you speak.

Unlike some on the left who embrace every gun related tragedy for the furtherance of their ideology (perhaps even 'false flag' events)... Conversely, I welcome the fact that the populace reacts to 'over reach of the legislators' in thinking about and preparing themselves for the potential of a dubious future.

Yeah ... I get that.

I still have the ability to understand a purchase doesn't equate to a substantial amount of preparedness ... :dunno:
Just because you can buy a car doesn't improve you driving ability.

They will lose a lot of business.

Yeah, and Trump&Co will find a way to punish all businesses which defy his benefactor, the NRA. Soon sanctions will be imposed on every company, large or small, who follow Dick's response.

[it seems sanctions are important to protect the Republicans, but not to protect US democracy from Russia's cyber war against our elections]

I have $3,100 worth of excercise equipment being delivered this week. I’ll call shortly and cancel the order. I’ll be sure to let them know why.

Forum List

Back