Dick’s, Major Gun Retailer, Will Stop Selling Assault-Style Rifles

That bit is explained in the article, which apparently you didn’t read.
You understand that there is no such thing as "assault style' rifles, right?
You understand that you are a lying son of a bitch? Any rifle that can be fired 30 times in under ten seconds is an assault rifle. And should not be sold to the general public. As has been proven in Vegas, Texas, and now Florida, lethal when a crazy gets their hands on it. And in the meantime, the NRA defends arming people with mental problems.
You're a lying ****.

An assault weapon is a fully automatic weapon.

Fucking moron.
Playing the "That Isn't What You Call It" game is getting old. Everyone knows what we're talking about. I agree we need a word that describes it more accurately than "weapons of mass destruction," but until that happens, you might do better addressing the actual issue rather than playing semantics games that won't get you anywhere.

Do they really? EVERY gun control idiot I've seen on the media had /zero/ clue what any of this shit means. They say crap like "scary big gun" and "military grade" and when you tell them that like 99% of the guns out there in America today are semi-automatic, or that fully automatic guns have been banned for ages, or that there is no such thing as an "assault weapon" - they're clueless.

Fuck even NBC can't figure out the difference;
Michael Keyes on Twitter

And yet, we're expected to believe that these same dumbasses are "only" going after the "assault rifles" oh wait no the "machine guns" wait no the "AR-15"

Shall we take a guess at how many dumbasses, who ya'll think should be dictating policy and taking away American rights, believe that the AR stands for "Assault Rifle"?
Lol now you are gonna confuse them because they have only what Hollywood and the media to get info from. Of course they don't know what the ar stands for

Someone should inform them that they didn't sell 'assault type' rifles before.

So, they would say they are operating as 'business as usual'.
That bit is explained in the article, which apparently you didn’t read.
You understand that there is no such thing as "assault style' rifles, right?
You understand that you are a lying son of a bitch? Any rifle that can be fired 30 times in under ten seconds is an assault rifle. And should not be sold to the general public. As has been proven in Vegas, Texas, and now Florida, lethal when a crazy gets their hands on it. And in the meantime, the NRA defends arming people with mental problems.
Any rifle that can be fired 30 times in under ten seconds is an assault rifle.
and requires a pull of the trigger for every shot.?

No more an assault weapon than this is

upload_2018-2-28_9-56-32.jpeg

Last edited:
Playing the "That Isn't What You Call It" game is getting old. Everyone knows what we're talking about. I agree we need a word that describes it more accurately than "weapons of mass destruction," but until that happens, you might do better addressing the actual issue rather than playing semantics games that won't get you anywhere.

Your side can't say "ban semi-auto weapons" because you know it will never happen. so you make up soooper sceeery words for them, and hope you fool enough people to get legislation passed.

The Democratic control proposal would ban all semi-autos, even handguns.

BUT BUT BUT I THOUGHT THE DEMS WEREN'T GOING TO BAN GUNS!!!

either you are all liars, all idiots, or somewhere in between.
I am not saying "ban all semi-auto weapons" because it has been explained to me that most guns in this country, whether rifle or handgun, are semiauto's in the sense that a bullet enters the chamber as soon as one has been fired. The argument is not against all guns, so saying "all semi-auto's" wouldn't be accurate.

Then why in the world are you afraid of the AR-15....which is the exact same gun as all the other guns you just said you don't want to ban?.....your response is not rational or thought out.....
The AR is not "the exact same gun" as the others and your response is the one that is irrational. I'm not playing that game with you anymore, Guy. You know weapons and you know why people buy them and why mass shooters choose them most of the time. So telling me I'm irrational and not thinking doesn't fly.

The mechanism is exactly the same for almost all semi-automatic rifles.

Know what you are talking about before you get a position on something.
Then why are so many people screeching about possibly needing to buy one of these "exact same" other rifles?

Your side can't say "ban semi-auto weapons" because you know it will never happen. so you make up soooper sceeery words for them, and hope you fool enough people to get legislation passed.

I am not saying "ban all semi-auto weapons" because it has been explained to me that most guns in this country, whether rifle or handgun, are semiauto's in the sense that a bullet enters the chamber as soon as one has been fired. The argument is not against all guns, so saying "all semi-auto's" wouldn't be accurate.

Then why in the world are you afraid of the AR-15....which is the exact same gun as all the other guns you just said you don't want to ban?.....your response is not rational or thought out.....
The AR is not "the exact same gun" as the others and your response is the one that is irrational. I'm not playing that game with you anymore, Guy. You know weapons and you know why people buy them and why mass shooters choose them most of the time. So telling me I'm irrational and not thinking doesn't fly.
Looking scary does not make it any more 'dangerous'. However, it IS the exact same. IT fires one bullet for every pull of the trigger.

That is what they all do. No more, no less.
I didn't mention looks. Why is it the mass shooter's weapon of choice?

LOL it's all coming to an end for the nra and their rank and file loons

Dick's Sporting Goods, the nation's largest sporting goods retailer, will stop selling assault-style weapons like the one used in the Parkland, Florida, high school shooting.
The company said it will also raise the minimum age for all gun sales to 21. Dick's (DKS) will not sell high-capacity magazines that allow shooters to fire far more rounds than traditional weapons without reloading, as well as other accessories used with weapons similar to the AR-15.

Dick's Sporting Goods will stop selling assault-style rifles
Good thing NONE of us buy from Dick's and their over-priced shit.

Also, good thing we know how to build them from stripped components, so if no store EVER sells them again, we can still get them.
:lmao:

Also,:
assault-style weapons
Means absolutely NOTHING but appearance.

We should be thankful that mass-murdering idiots have chosen the AR15 as their tool. If these idiots know anything about firearms, they would choose a different, more effective close-range weapon, instead of one designed for engagement between 100 and 500 yards.

This action by Dick's has zero practical meaning. None. Nada. Zip.

Guns could look like the M41A Pulse Rifle from Aliens, and if their function is that of a civilian firearm, they are no more deadly in a mass shooting than many hunting rifles, and less deadly than most shot guns.

This:
iipsrv.fcgi

is WAY more deadly than

this:
apcr100015-ac-15-ar15-complete-rifle-1_5.jpg

or this:
latest

Someone should inform them that they didn't sell 'assault type' rifles before.

So, they would say they are operating as 'business as usual'.
Good point. The correct description is "military style assault weapons."
Lmao ban the scary looking weapon right? Even though no military would on purpose chose the AR 15 for a rifle in combat. Why would they when they can use superior automatic weapons. You guys just don't see how stupid you all sound

I was shocked perusing the list of states with magazine limits x 10 / 15 rounds (had no idea so many states on the list) ... Anyone know what's happening to AR sales in these states? (kind-o defeats the purpose of the AR)... Also, any data on the relinquishment of "hi-cap" mags in these states...? I would imagine that a significant % keep their existing mags despite changes in the "law"...?
No one seems to want to respond to this video:

Then why are so many people screeching about possibly needing to buy one of these "exact same" other rifles?

It's not the rifle, it's the simple fact that

1) The law to ban "scary rifles" won't help anything
2) The actual law being proposed by democrats would ban all semi-auto weapons, despite their pleas that they don't want to "ban all guns"
3) That people who support RKBA simply don't trust anyone who can't get the technical things right, or won't even try
4) That people who support RKBA simply don't trust gun controllers period, mostly due to things like item 2.

It is sad I bought my first shotgun from dicks. A nice simple breach 12 gauge . I won't be going back. I don't shop at store that hate their host country

Last edited:
You're a lying ****.

Fucking moron.

The Dems just proposed a law that would ban all semi-autos except a few rifles.
The Republicans in the House added a poison pill to the FIX NICS bill. That can't pass the senate. What is wrong with having a background check actually include all the background it is supposed to? What does CCW reciprocity have to do with it? Why should one state have its laws not followed because a visitor from another state comes there? A person from Colorado can't go to Jersey and smoke dope recreationally just because it's legal in Colorado. He isn't IN Colorado.

The Republicans are terrified of having to vote on any gun legislation. They will wiggle out of it any way they can.

I am surprised all the Trump statist on the board are not calling for Penn to follow the lead of Ga and interfere with the business decisions of a private company and force Dicks to sell these types of guns.

But there is still time.

2) The actual law being proposed by democrats would ban all semi-auto weapons, despite their pleas that they don't want to "ban all guns"
3) That people who support RKBA simply don't trust anyone who can't get the technical things right, or won't even try
4) That people who support RKBA simply don't trust gun controllers period, mostly due to things like item 2.
Marty, I have been asking this same simple question for days and no one has answered me. Including you.
Can you answer it, please?

You're a lying ****.

Fucking moron.

The Dems just proposed a law that would ban all semi-autos except a few rifles.
The Republicans in the House added a poison pill to the FIX NICS bill. That can't pass the senate. What is wrong with having a background check actually include all the background it is supposed to? What does CCW reciprocity have to do with it? Why should one state have its laws not followed because a visitor from another state comes there? A person from Colorado can't go to Jersey and smoke dope recreationally just because it's legal in Colorado. He isn't IN Colorado.

The Republicans are terrified of having to vote on any gun legislation. They will wiggle out of it any way they can.

Dope smoking isn't a constitutionally protected right. How about States stop accepting driver's licenses from other states, you know, because of "Safety"?

The background check law is just fine, the problem is government isn't implementing it correctly.

Marty, I have been asking this same simple question for days and no one has answered me. Including you.
Can you answer it, please?

I just gave you the freaking answers. It's because it's never been about the accessories for the gun control freaks, it's about the gun. So why let them get their foot in the door with the accessory crap?

Forum List

Back