Did God lie in Genesis 15:5 and 22:17?

Not when it gets reused 3 times. Appeared in a 3rd part but text was different enough I excluded it.
Shall we do the math? How many generations would mankind need to populate the earth before the number you would accept as accurate is reached? To use another idiom, wouldn't that be like straining out the gnat and swallowing the camel?

The entire history of the planet and humanity doesn't even hit 1 trillion. The lifespan of the planet will never be sufficient to make those verses true.

For all we know we may be in the earliest stages of humanity, and there is no reason to believe that mankind will never one day occupy other places throughout the cosmos.

[5] And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be.
-Genesis 15

[17] That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;
- Genesis 22

Bible, King James Version

From anywhere on Earth, assuming perfect visibility you can count about 3000 stars. And "seven quintillion, five hundred quadrillion grains of sand."

Yet there's only 14 million Jews.

Two things. In all the generations that have lived on earth, are you sure that from Abraham to the newest newborn there have only been 14 million Jews?

Second: Ishmael is also the seed of Abraham.

Even if there's been a trillion, that's a LOT less than the grains of sand, and there hasn't. Likely no more than a hundred million.

Even the under-educated realizes this was not to be taken literally.

[5] And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be.
-Genesis 15

[17] That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;
- Genesis 22

From anywhere on Earth, assuming perfect visibility you can count about 3000 stars. And "seven quintillion, five hundred quadrillion grains of sand."

jerk-----it is poetry
---
Then you agree that the Bible should be in a book store's FICTION department?

no----it should be in the department devoted to scriptural writings ----along with the
Bhagavad Gita----also poetry
---
Ok, then we agree that these publications should not be in the nonfiction department.

-Genesis 15

- Genesis 22

jerk-----it is poetry
---
Then you agree that the Bible should be in a book store's FICTION department?

no----it should be in the department devoted to scriptural writings ----along with the
Bhagavad Gita----also poetry
---
Ok, then we agree that these publications should not be in the nonfiction department.

they should be right of the cookbooks

Ok, then we agree that these publications should not be in the nonfiction department. .

:) Let's take a look at the Dewey Decimal System "non-fiction" department:

000 – General works, Computer science and Information
100 – Philosophy and psychology
200 – Religion
300 – Social sciences
400 – Language
500 – Pure Science
600 – Technology
700 – Arts & recreation
800 – Literature
900 – History & geography

Ok, then we agree that these publications should not be in the nonfiction department. .

:) Let's take a look at the Dewey Decimal System "non-fiction" department:

000 – General works, Computer science and Information
100 – Philosophy and psychology
200 – Religion
300 – Social sciences
400 – Language
500 – Pure Science
600 – Technology
700 – Arts & recreation
800 – Literature
---
Are you a librarian? Nice reference!
Ii looks like that system is outdated, a traditional one, where people took religion as fact & Psychology was separate from Social Science & Computer science/info was separate from Technology, etc.
I don't understand why Literature was on this non-fiction list, unless it referenced prose based on a true story.

Today, i think this would reflect non-fiction reality;

000 – General works, Misc
100 – Philosophy
200 – Religion & other Folklore
300 – Social sciences
400 – Language
500 – Physical & Bio sciences
600 – Technology & Info sciences
700 – Arts & recreation
800 – Literature based on facts

Are you a librarian? Nice reference!
Ii looks like that system is outdated, a traditional one, where people took religion as fact & Psychology was separate from Social Science & Computer science/info was separate from Technology, etc.
I don't understand why Literature was on this non-fiction list, unless it referenced prose based on a true story.

Yes, I was a librarian in my early life. In the library system:

292 Classical (Greek and Roman) religion
398 Folklore

There are three billion people on Earth who belong to a religion that claims they are descendants of Abraham.

According to Scriptures - Abraham was a Syrian nationality. In the Book of * Deu 26:5
we find that Abrahams Father was of Syrian Nationality.

When God told Abraham to Look up into the Night Sky and comprehend - that His Seed would be stars - that could not be counted or numbered. Even today - Today we can not count the number of stars of Heaven, Nor can You or I count the Number of Jews that there have been upon the Earth.

Gen 13:16 And I will make thy seed as the dust of the earth: so that if a man can number the dust of the earth, then shall thy seed also be numbered.
As I said - The Scripture Message is that, - If You can Count the Number of Sands, Stars and dust on the Earth. Then You can Count the Number of Jews that have Come from Abrahams Seed.

The Number of Total (* Jews ) - is UNKNOWN. ? ?
Because there have been So many.

Gen 15:5 And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number - them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be.

REMEMBER innumerable - was the Promise that Abraham Received.

Equal to the Number of Stars, Dust and Sand - was never the Promise.

Sadly You have no SCRIPTURES for Your Faith. Please Turn from trusting in Your Pope and Trust in Gods Word.
Please Visit My website Today, Learn more Truth.
Click Here Now...
Home Page
Thank You.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back