Did Guam finally capsize?

Nostra

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2019
We pulled our bombers off the island.

The Air Force Abruptly Ends Its Continuous Bomber Presence On Guam After 16 Years

Online aircraft tracker and friend of The War Zone @AircraftSpots spotted the five B-52Hs leaving Guam for their home at Minot Air Force Base in North Dakota on Apr. 16, 2020. The bombers used the very pointed callsign "SEEYA" for the transit.

About time. We did not need a bomber presence on Guam, and we should allow the island to return to normal.

As to capsizing:

{...
Johnson: Yeah, my fear is that the whole island will become so overly populated that it will tip over and capsize.

Willard: We don’t anticipate that … the Guam population I think currently about 175,000 and again with 8,000 Marines and their families it’s an addition of about 25,000 more into the population.
...}

I think we can tell Johnson was joking for added emphasis.

We pulled our bombers off the island.

The Air Force Abruptly Ends Its Continuous Bomber Presence On Guam After 16 Years

Online aircraft tracker and friend of The War Zone @AircraftSpots spotted the five B-52Hs leaving Guam for their home at Minot Air Force Base in North Dakota on Apr. 16, 2020. The bombers used the very pointed callsign "SEEYA" for the transit.

I heard it wobbled quite a bit

Change of operational tactics, that's all. The bombers will still be randomly rotated to different Pacific and European locations including Guam supposedly to keep the Russians and Chinese guessing as to where they (the bombers) are.
This is not the end of our military presence on Guam and in fact the Marines increased their presence by a full brigade not long ago, the Air Force and Navy both have a strong presence there. Guam is considered the US's Pacific "tip of the spear".

We've been laughing at Hank Johnson's fucktardness for all these years.... turn out he may be right? LOL

That would push SJ Lee into the #1 dumb fuckwit position. Screaming at Wikipedia for leaking the Beast's emails.... until an intern whispered "it's wikileaks, not wikipedia!!"....

About time. We did not need a bomber presence on Guam, and we should allow the island to return to normal.

As to capsizing:

{...
Johnson: Yeah, my fear is that the whole island will become so overly populated that it will tip over and capsize.

Willard: We don’t anticipate that … the Guam population I think currently about 175,000 and again with 8,000 Marines and their families it’s an addition of about 25,000 more into the population.
...}

I think we can tell Johnson was joking for added emphasis.
He was not joking. But, nice attempt at covering for the moron.

I only glanced at the OP's linked article. I did read article's first few sentences which were enough for me given Ringel05's well written post above (#6). The couple of pictures the article contained were cool.

With hypersonic missiles and B-2s do we really need the expense of the Guam airbase and the 25,000 personnel?

Where did you get 25,000 personnel from?
Not sure where I got the 25,000 number, it was one of the links/articles I used to verify the OP. This one says 12,000 which is still a lot.

With hypersonic missiles and B-2s do we really need the expense of the Guam airbase and the 25,000 personnel?

Where did you get 25,000 personnel from?
Not sure where I got the 25,000 number, it was one of the links/articles I used to verify the OP. This one says 12,000 which is still a lot.

Between Air Force. Navy, Marines, and even an Army recruiter or two and their dependents? That is small!

Forum List

Back