🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Did Jesus really exist?

Did Jesus Really Exist as a Flesh and blood person?

• Jay-A-Zus was LORD!!!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Gospel According to {X} is called The Gospel ACCORDING to {X}, NOT The Gospel Of {X} or The Gospel WRITTEN by {X}.
The Gospels were NOT written by the Apostles.
Scholars believe Matthew and John were! As both were Apostles.
Link to a reputable scholar?
John lived to be over a 100?
God bless him!
Even Wiki lists him at 94. From 6-100 AD
John the Apostle - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
I am not sure what you want, as far as reputable scholar, though, there are several hundred sites I could link to. Some from Christian sites, some from atheist sites, some from other sites.

I would ask the question. If John was the apostle that Jesus "loved", as he is referred to in the Gospel of John, why does he talk about himself in the third person?

BobDole_bio.jpg

"Bob Dole was wondering the same thing!"

The Gospel According to {X} is called The Gospel ACCORDING to {X}, NOT The Gospel Of {X} or The Gospel WRITTEN by {X}.
God bless him!
I am not sure what you want, as far as reputable scholar, though, there are several hundred sites I could link to. Some from Christian sites, some from atheist sites, some from other sites.

I would ask the question. If John was the apostle that Jesus "loved", as he is referred to in the Gospel of John, why does he talk about himself in the third person?

BobDole_bio.jpg

To answer that, Ullyses would have to speculate, and Ullyses knows that JoeB is the king of speculation. JoeB should have made millions or billions by now on the market, as JoeB is the king of speculation.

One answer could be, that John was a really old man when he wrote the Gospel. Anywhere from his early 80's to 94, if you think he wrote it from 85-100 AD.

God bless him!
John and Revelations added some very important tenets to TNT so I'm surprised they weren't written until almost 70 years after Yeshu.
There MUST have been some controversy in his writings that prevented their presentation for so long.

No, my guess is that this person is a archetype based on the countless people crucified and hounded because of their contarary beliefs.

[

To answer that, Ullyses would have to speculate, and Ullyses knows that JoeB is the king of speculation. JoeB should have made millions or billions by now on the market, as JoeB is the king of speculation.

One answer could be, that John was a really old man when he wrote the Gospel. Anywhere from his early 80's to 94, if you think he wrote it from 85-100 AD.

So you don't have an answer to that, then?

It was a simple question. Why would an author who knew Jesus personally and was part of the story refer to himself in the third person?

Other people who wrote accounts of their life in that time period, like Julius Caesar in the Gallic Wars, used first person to describe themselves.

There's no actual proof that Jesus existed. Kinda like Santa Claus.

You mean besides eye witness accounts

And people don't Martyr themselves for Santa Claus

What Eyewitness accounts?

Paul never met Jesus and neither did any of the Gospel writers.

So they are all second hand accounts.
??...you have evidence none of the gospel writers met Jesus?.....never mind, I know you just made it up....

The canon of the New Testament is the set of books Christians regard as divinely inspired and constituting the New Testament of the Christian Bible. For most, it is an agreed-upon list of twenty-seven books that includes the Canonical Gospels, Acts, letters of the Apostles, and Revelation. The books of the canon of the New Testament were written mostly in the first century and finished by the year 150 AD.

Authorship of the Bible - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

The gospels (and Acts) are anonymous, in that none of them name an author.

Whilst the Gospel of John might be considered somewhat of an exception, because the author refers to himself as "the disciple Jesus loved" and claims to be a member of Jesus' inner circle,

The majority of scholars date the Gospel of John to c. 80–95,

You've been played playa.
John was the last gospel written, a first hand account written by the Apostle John around 90 AD......Luke wrote Luke and Acts.......he was not a disciple, but he was among those with first hand knowledge of Jesus....Matthew and Mark were written by Matthew and Mark, the majority of liberal atheists scholars notwithstanding......for verification, check the link you provided......apparently you were merely off key........

??...you have evidence none of the gospel writers met Jesus?.....never mind, I know you just made it up....
??... you have evidence that any of the authors of any of the bibles are speaking on behalf of the gods?

I know you just made that up....
I'm sorry you are ignorant, Hollie, but I cannot stop to help you......there are children playing in the street........

[

It was a simple question. Why would an author who knew Jesus personally and was part of the story refer to himself in the third person?

Other people who wrote accounts of their life in that time period, like Julius Caesar in the Gallic Wars, used first person to describe themselves.
wtf, you've never read anything where the author places himself in the third person?......do you read often?.....

God bless him!
why would he have to be over a hundred?......
John was born about the same time as Yeshu and there is much speculation as to when John's books were committed to writing.
I guess he could have been around 80, which would have been a ripe old age back then.

[

To answer that question, one would have to know John, and I'm fairly certain, no one who walks the earth today, knows him.

I don't threaten to burn the people I love for all eternity because they don't worship me. In fact, I think that sounds a little psychotic.

And now- The Ann and Jeff Show. Which one of these guys deserves to burn in hell for ever and ever?

Ann was a Jewish Girl who didn't accept Jesus into her heart. Probably because guys who believed in Jesus and wore "God's with Us" belt buckles invaded her country and made her hide in an attic for years. Then they found her, sent her to a concentration camp, where she died without accepting Jesus into her soul.

Then you have Jeff. Jeff was a homosexual cannibal who raped, killed and ate 18 young men. But Jeff accepted Jesus into his heart when he went to prison and got baptized, right before a fellow prisoner bashed his skull in.

Hmmmm. Now, if I were a fair and reasonable God, I'd really not burn either one of them, but if given a choice, I'd probably burn Jeff Dahmner before I'd burn Ann Frank.

But I'm not your loving Bible God who seems to be really obsessed about being worshiped.

Chirstian logic. Ann Burns in Hell, Jeffrey gets all his sins forgiven and goes to heaven.

Seriously, how fucked up is that?

The one who was perfect deserves to go to heaven.

BobDole_bio.jpg

You and Bob Dole ask the same questions?:lol:

One possible answer is that John wrote it so that we could place our own names in there. Just speculation.

Santa did exist. Just not the way we portray him today.
And the same is true of Jesus.

There was likely an actual person whom the Jesus myth was based on, but there was no 'Jesus' as perceived by Christians, there was no 'son of god' – as indeed 'god' doesn't exist as perceived by theists – no miracles, no resurrection, no ascending into heaven.

The Jesus myth is consistent with other similar myths that existed prior to the advent of Christianity, myths that were clearly appropriated by early Christians for obvious reasons.

??... you have evidence that any of the authors of any of the bibles are speaking on behalf of the gods?

I know you just made that up....
I'm sorry you are ignorant, Hollie, but I cannot stop to help you......there are children playing in the street........
This is just your typical pattern of sidestepping.

Did any of the authors of the bibles claim to have had communications with the gods?

The story I was told in my Catholic Upbringing was that Mark and Luke were followers of Paul.
I suspect they told you many other things you don't remember correctly.......

Oh, I remember a lot of ways the Nuns tried to make their fairy stories work.

I remember Sister Mary Susan trying to reconcile Genesis and Evolution by suggesting that maybe Adam and Eve were ape-men.

I remember Sister Mary Bonaventure trying to explain away why God would drown every baby in the world by shrieking that the babies were "Wiiiiiiicked!!!!"

and I remember Sister Mary Xavier telling me God had a good reason why my Mom died of Cancer after suffering for about a year.

Yes, I remember all the fucked up, stupid things these nasty old frustrated Lesbians said to rationalize their stupid religion.

I don't threaten to burn the people I love for all eternity because they don't worship me. In fact, I think that sounds a little psychotic.

And now- The Ann and Jeff Show. Which one of these guys deserves to burn in hell for ever and ever?

Chirstian logic. Ann Burns in Hell, Jeffrey gets all his sins forgiven and goes to heaven.

Seriously, how fucked up is that?

The one who was perfect deserves to go to heaven.

But that's not Christian Dogma.

Christian Dogma is that Jeff is on a cloud wiht a harp. He took Jesus into his soul.

Ann Probably died cursing Jesus and his Nazi followers. (Keep in mind, the Pope and Hitler were BFF's during the war.)

[

wtf, you've never read anything where the author places himself in the third person?......do you read often?.....

I read a lot, and I never see that. Sorry.

I doubt that was a literary device in the 1st century.

More likely. John was written by multiple authors, translated several times, and had the name of an apostle assigned to it before it was picked over hundreds of other gospels that were rejected because they didn't toe the party line.

Forum List

Back