Did Jesus really exist?

Did Jesus Really Exist as a Flesh and blood person?

• Jay-A-Zus was LORD!!!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't threaten to burn the people I love for all eternity because they don't worship me. In fact, I think that sounds a little psychotic.

And now- The Ann and Jeff Show. Which one of these guys deserves to burn in hell for ever and ever?

Chirstian logic. Ann Burns in Hell, Jeffrey gets all his sins forgiven and goes to heaven.

Seriously, how fucked up is that?

The one who was perfect deserves to go to heaven.

But that's not Christian Dogma.

Christian Dogma is that Jeff is on a cloud wiht a harp. He took Jesus into his soul.

Ann Probably died cursing Jesus and his Nazi followers. (Keep in mind, the Pope and Hitler were BFF's during the war.)
I certainly see a lot of atheist dogma in your post......no truth unfortunately.......

Um, we are discussing an imaginary land people go after they die. That no one has ever been to and reported back on.

So, yeah, not a lot truth here.

But dogmatically, which one did I get wrong.

Could Ann Frank really have gotten into heaven without embracing Jesus?

Was Jesus unable to wash away Jeffrey Dahmner's sins with Baptism?

Did Jesus really exist?

Maybe, with gusts up to probably. That's the best anyone can say.

Um, we are discussing an imaginary land people go after they die. That no one has ever been to and reported back on.

Actually there have been people that have been to heaven and reported back but you don't believe them just as the Bible says you wouldn't. Paul and John both saw heaven.

Actually there have been people that have been to heaven and reported back but you don't believe them just as the Bible says you wouldn't. Paul and John both saw heaven.
I've been to heaven and I'm reporting back. But of course, you won't believe that just as the bibles said you wouldn't.

Obviously, you're not a true Christian.

The Gospel According to {X} is called The Gospel ACCORDING to {X}, NOT The Gospel Of {X} or The Gospel WRITTEN by {X}.
The Gospels were NOT written by the Apostles.
Scholars believe Matthew and John were! As both were Apostles.
Link to a reputable scholar?
John lived to be over a 100?
God bless him!
why would he have to be over a hundred?......
John was born about the same time as Yeshu and there is much speculation as to when John's books were committed to writing.
I guess he could have been around 80, which would have been a ripe old age back then.
if you guess he would have been 80 why did you say he was over a hundred.......momentary lapse into stupidity?....
As opposed to you believing that Yeshu spoke English which is permanent stupidity.
???....why would you think I believed Jesus spoke English?.....

There's no actual proof that Jesus existed. Kinda like Santa Claus.

You mean besides eye witness accounts

And people don't Martyr themselves for Santa Claus

What Eyewitness accounts?

Paul never met Jesus and neither did any of the Gospel writers.

So they are all second hand accounts.
??...you have evidence none of the gospel writers met Jesus?.....never mind, I know you just made it up....
Actually, since the earliest scientifically dated fragment is from John and dated C.125AD, there's no proof that any gospel was written in the person's lifetime.
actually, there's the same proof we have that the document in the National Archives is the original copy of the Constitution......the statements of those who handed it down from generation to generation......
At least you admit that you have no proof. It's a start. :D

PS I don't care who wrote the Constitution and when and where...
proper etiquette would be for you to say "oh, I lost that argument.....sorry I raised it".......
Why? You actually have proof that any of the gospels were written during that person's lifetime?
read the comments quoted above for the answer to your question........I asked you for evidence......I did not ask you for proof......by the way, it is not unnoticed that you haven't any evidence.......

The Gospel According to {X} is called The Gospel ACCORDING to {X}, NOT The Gospel Of {X} or The Gospel WRITTEN by {X}.
God bless him!
John was born about the same time as Yeshu and there is much speculation as to when John's books were committed to writing.
I guess he could have been around 80, which would have been a ripe old age back then.
if you guess he would have been 80 why did you say he was over a hundred.......momentary lapse into stupidity?....
As opposed to you believing that Yeshu spoke English which is permanent stupidity.
For the same reason you believe De' hey-zeus is a 1970's retro, tall, anglo-looking dude.

Not that unusual, really. Mankind creates gawds in his own image.

Why do you feel a need to equate a document written to advance the human condition free of religious compulsion within a collection of tales and fables written by authors who were largely detached from, and not witnesses to the events they only had hearsay information about?
quite simply, because the question we are currently discussing isn't "how do you feel about what was written in the document", but instead is, "can we believe the document actually existed?".......

that's why its difficult to get straight answers out of you folks.....whenever you get pinned down you pretend the argument is about something completely different.......

You avoid accountability for these issues when manifest reality would demand that you simply accept facts? Too difficult?
far too difficult to accept the "facts" which have manifested themselves to you, yes.....
As usual, you get angry and emotive when your attempts at argument fail.

If you are unable to distinguish between the self proclaimed "authority" of an ancient text and the self critical "authorities" of the historical record and the scientific process, that would seem to shed some light on explaining the general disconnect between your world view and the actual world.

I have no expectation that you will be honest enough to understand that the percentage of any religious faith that accepts any particular foundational dogma is hardly a basis for deciding whether the dogma is true or not. Given the plethora of gods throughout human history, none of which are open to any proof, yes, it is rational and logical to conclude that gods are invented to explain phenomenon. Unless you are willing to argue that any number of assertions of gods other than the one imposed upon you is "true" doesn't illustrate this fact very clearly. The issues are coincident in that religionists within the same sub-sect dispute the content of their holy texts and they also dispute the interpretation of the content. Although, I suspect that you would be too naïve as to even accept there is such a conflict.
what is "manifest" to you, Hollie?.......

Well, no, I don't believe them because the same effect can be replicated with a centrifuge and explained scientifically.

Here's a big hint. No one ever has a near-death experience and says, "Whoops, sorry, I found out I was in the wrong religion! Good thing I got a second shot at this."

God bless him!
For the same reason you believe De' hey-zeus is a 1970's retro, tall, anglo-looking dude.
okay, I'll bite....why do you think I believe Jesus is a 1970's retro, tall, anglo-looking dude?.....

God bless him!

Not that unusual, really. Mankind creates gawds in his own image.
True.

Just as he creates religion to assuage his own fears.

Here's a big hint. No one ever has a near-death experience and says, "Whoops, sorry, I found out I was in the wrong religion! Good thing I got a second shot at this."

actually I disagree.....my brother's brush with multiple heart attacks brought him back to his beliefs before he died.....

There's no actual proof that Jesus existed. Kinda like Santa Claus.

You mean besides eye witness accounts

And people don't Martyr themselves for Santa Claus

What Eyewitness accounts?

Paul never met Jesus and neither did any of the Gospel writers.

So they are all second hand accounts.
??...you have evidence none of the gospel writers met Jesus?.....never mind, I know you just made it up....

The canon of the New Testament is the set of books Christians regard as divinely inspired and constituting the New Testament of the Christian Bible. For most, it is an agreed-upon list of twenty-seven books that includes the Canonical Gospels, Acts, letters of the Apostles, and Revelation. The books of the canon of the New Testament were written mostly in the first century and finished by the year 150 AD.

Authorship of the Bible - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

The gospels (and Acts) are anonymous, in that none of them name an author.

Whilst the Gospel of John might be considered somewhat of an exception, because the author refers to himself as "the disciple Jesus loved" and claims to be a member of Jesus' inner circle,

The majority of scholars date the Gospel of John to c. 80–95,

You've been played playa.
John was the last gospel written, a first hand account written by the Apostle John around 90 AD......Luke wrote Luke and Acts.......he was not a disciple, but he was among those with first hand knowledge of Jesus....Matthew and Mark were written by Matthew and Mark, the majority of liberal atheists scholars notwithstanding......for verification, check the link you provided......apparently you were merely off key........
There's no proof that John's gospel was written in his lifetime. Please try again.
Wrong, there is a lot of proof it was John that wrote it. You wishing it away does not make it true... please try again.

According to some scholars, they think Matthew might have been written before Mark, or at possibly the same time.

It's interesting how you call it plagiarizing, when in fact, if they both were around, they would have both seen the same things. That would account for many of the similarities. (if 3 people attend a football game and 1 of the 3 is rooting for the losing team, the stories of the two that were rooting for the winning team could be similar, though, the story of the losing team, will probably be told in a different view). So if Matthew, Mark(who never said he didn't see Jesus, we just have no evidence to suggest he did), and Luke all saw the sermon's that Jesus taught, that would explain the quotes of what Jesus said.

Many scholars suggest that Mark was a friend of Peter's, but no timetable is given to how long they were friends, or whether Mark ever even saw Jesus, so most arguments about Mark, are un-provable either way.

And even using the latest date John wrote his Gospel, which would be around 55 years after the death of Jesus, would put him at approximately 75-85 years old when he wrote it, thus he could be a contemporary of Jesus.
So you admit you have no clue. It's a start. :D
Everyone knows you have nothing to add to the conversation! Now go help your mother clean your basement room.

I don't threaten to burn the people I love for all eternity because they don't worship me. In fact, I think that sounds a little psychotic.

And now- The Ann and Jeff Show. Which one of these guys deserves to burn in hell for ever and ever?

Chirstian logic. Ann Burns in Hell, Jeffrey gets all his sins forgiven and goes to heaven.

Seriously, how fucked up is that?

The one who was perfect deserves to go to heaven.

But that's not Christian Dogma.

Christian Dogma is that Jeff is on a cloud wiht a harp. He took Jesus into his soul.

Ann Probably died cursing Jesus and his Nazi followers. (Keep in mind, the Pope and Hitler were BFF's during the war.)
I certainly see a lot of atheist dogma in your post......no truth unfortunately.......

the full list?.....let's see....
clouds, harps, the assumption that Jeff believed, the assumption Ann cursed Jesus, Nazis following Jesus, Pope/Hitler BFF......I think that's everything for that post.....

Actually not, given the fact there's no such place as 'heaven' as perceived by theists.

Such accounts are anecdotal, subjective, undocumented, irrelevant, and 'prove' nothing.

And the bible is just as subjective, undocumented, irrelevant, and 'proves' nothing.

Forum List

Back