Did Magneto From X Men Have A Point?

CMike

Zionist, proud to be
Oct 25, 2009
This is going to be a very strange thread.

Magneto was a Holocaust survivor. His parents were murdered by the Nazis.

I can understand why he would get fearful of the government wanting to register all mutants and consider them a danger.

I realize trying to exterminate the rest of mankind was taking it a wee bit too far.

However, he saw what the Nazis did to the Jews, and he figured this time he is going to fight back.

The antihero is one of the more interesting archetypes.

Magneto was often perceived as a villain even though his intentions were somewhat pure and noble. It's like he wanted a utopia where mutants could be happy and exist free and without discrimination... but knew that such would never happen with humanity in the way. Charles could see this in Eric, which must have torn him apart inside because of how much love he personally had for humanity.

Personally I think Magneto is awesome, and I totally agree with his Weltanschauung. Him and Dark Phoenix are my favorite characters in the XMen universe.

Last edited:
No--Magneto is wrong. He is trying to conduct genocide on the non-mutant population due to fear of that population oppressing/destroying mutant-kind.

There are better ways of achieving the objective of mutants living in relative peace with humans, but Magneto's actions are actually preventing "understanding" between mutants and non-mutants.Also, his tactics are doomed to fail since not all mutants are anti-normal and will oppose him--like the X-men.

This is going to be a very strange thread.

Magneto was a Holocaust survivor. His parents were murdered by the Nazis.

I can understand why he would get fearful of the government wanting to register all mutants and consider them a danger.

I realize trying to exterminate the rest of mankind was taking it a wee bit too far.

However, he saw what the Nazis did to the Jews, and he figured this time he is going to fight back.

If God exists, he'll handle stuff like that for everyone eventually. If you don't actually believe in God, you may take it upon yourself to mete out justice.But by so doing you're admitting there is no God, no divine justice and resolution, and so any religious imperative or motivations are null and void.

Magneto is not a real person, and there aren't really super-powered mutants conspiring to wipe out the human race.

Also, this is not a religious topic, it belongs in whatever section discusses comic books.

I put here because of the ethics part

Magneto is not a real person, and there aren't really super-powered mutants conspiring to wipe out the human race.

Also, this is not a religious topic, it belongs in whatever section discusses comic books.
There's as much evidence for comics being real as there is for the other major religions. Maybe a thousand years from now, people will be worshiping Superman and Captain America. :dunno:

No, he didn't. Because he doesn't exist. That's kind of vital to having a point.

There's as much evidence for comics being real as there is for the other major religions. Maybe a thousand years from now, people will be worshiping Superman and Captain America. :dunno:
They already do. Have you not been to to Comicon?

Forum List

Back