Did Obama furnish Al Qaeda with US military trucks and ammunition?

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
How else could one interpret what happened?

"REYHANLI, Turkey – U.S. military equipment and ammunition, sent to Syria as part of a failed Obama administration plan to find and arm moderate forces to defeat ISIS, were instead simply handed over to an Al Qaeda group, according to the man who said he himself brokered the deal..."

'I gave the US trucks and ammunition to Al Qaeda': The chaotic US effort to arm Syrian rebels

When you realize that the Obama administration put "assault weapons" in the hands of Mexican drug cartels and caused the biggest increase in firearms sales here in the US, it all makes more sense.

Last edited:

"REYHANLI, Turkey – U.S. military equipment and ammunition, sent to Syria as part of a failed Obama administration plan to find and arm moderate forces to defeat ISIS, were instead simply handed over to an Al Qaeda group, according to the man who said he himself brokered the deal..."

'I gave the US trucks and ammunition to Al Qaeda': The chaotic US effort to arm Syrian rebels

Their invasion of Iraq was with US tanks and trucks they took when the Iraqi irregulars ran from them. We've been fighting against our own weapons since the invasion in 2003 when Turkey kept 4th I.D. from coming down through the Sunni Triangle. If Turkey hadn't done that, Iraq would have been pacified in a matter of months and none of this would have happened. The rebels beat us to those arms caches and the artillery shells they got their hands on, were the IEDs that accounted for most of our casualties.

Their invasion of Iraq was with US tanks and trucks they took when the Iraqi irregulars ran from them. We've been fighting against our own weapons since the invasion in 2003 when Turkey kept 4th I.D. from coming down through the Sunni Triangle. If Turkey hadn't done that, Iraq would have been pacified in a matter of months and none of this would have happened. The rebels beat us to those arms caches and the artillery shells they got their hands on, were the IEDs that accounted for most of our casualties.

Wow. That was some really piss-poor Comandering in Chief of the Armed Forces Obama did.

Thank God we have a real leader in the White House now.

Wow. That was some really piss-poor Comandering in Chief of the Armed Forces Obama did.

That was Dubya, not Barry. They had no choice to go ahead with the invasion because the staging was over and morale was high....major clusterfuck. Dubya should have told the Turks he'd flatten Istanbul if they didn't let 4th ID head south....we lost over 4K KIA, 3 times that grievously wounded, and spent $4T for what?

That was Dubya, not Barry. They had no choice to go ahead with the invasion because the staging was over and morale was high....major clusterfuck. Dubya should have told the Turks he'd flatten Istanbul if they didn't let 4th ID head south....we lost over 4K KIA, 3 times that grievously wounded, and spent $4T for what?

I'm not a big GW fan but in all fairness to him, we were completely unprepared for what happened on September 11, 2001. We had just came out of a Clinton Presidency where he gutted the intelligence community and the military. GW did what he could do with what few resources we had left at the time.

Forum List

Back