Did the Religious Background of SCOTUS Affect its Decision?

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
The rabid left is going nuts over the Hobby Lobby decision and seeks anyway to explain or even claim it was unjust. To do so, they now attack the so-called religious affiliation of the Supreme Court.

My response is – so what? It's done. :eusa_clap:

It is true that six justices are (at least nominally) Catholic, though only 24% of Americans are members of that faith.

It is also true that three justices are Jewish, though less than 2% (1.7% to be exact) of the U.S. population are Jewish.

Oh yeah, and there are no Evangelical Christians who make up 27% of the American population.

Read more @ Da Tech Guy On DaRadio Blog » Blog Archive » Bean-counting Catholic justices

The Constitution is very clear that no religious test should be applied to officials. Why do liberals hate the Constitution?

The rabid left is going nuts over the Hobby Lobby decision and seeks anyway to explain or even claim it was unjust. To do so, they now attack the so-called religious affiliation of the Supreme Court.

It is true that six justices are (at least nominally) Catholic, though only 24% of Americans are members of that faith.

It is also true that three justices are Jewish, though less than 2% (1.7% to be exact) of the U.S. population are Jewish.

Oh yeah, and there are no Evangelical Christians who make up 27% of the American population.

Read more @ Da Tech Guy On DaRadio Blog » Blog Archive » Bean-counting Catholic justices

I realize that this will be lost on you. It's an expansion of corporate person-hood.

It's far better for these decisions to be made by the court than to have Obama playing favorites and deciding which groups should get exemptions from the LAW.

Doesn't matter. Only way to remove a Justice from the bench is through impeachment, and you can do that unless they commit some felonious crime. Voting the wrong way isn't gonna cut it regardless of motive.

I realize that this will be lost on you. It's an expansion of corporate person-hood.

nope, its a narrowly set ruling, only applicable to limited ownership corporations that happen to self insure like hobby lobby does. It may extend to non profits, but that's about it.

Its about one law vs. another, and the first law won.

It had nothing to do with their religion.
It had everything to do with a law passed by Democrats called the The Religious Freedom Act passed by congress in both houses in 1993 and the majority in House and Senate were Democrats.
Dems are having a fit over their own bill.
Priceless. :lol:

So, if a SCOTUS Justice voted for the Hobby Lobby position because of that jurist's religion, then presumably other SCOTUS Justices voted AGAINST the Hobby Lobby position because of those jurist's respective religions.

We need more outwage!

nope, its a narrowly set ruling, only applicable to limited ownership corporations that happen to self insure like hobby lobby does. It may extend to non profits, but that's about it.

Its about one law vs. another, and the first law won.
Bloomberg Law - Document - Burwell v. Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc., No. 13-354 and 13-356, 2014 BL 180313, 123 FEP Cases 621 (U.S. June 30, 2014), Court Opinion

Expansion of corporate person hood.

When is the left going to stop whining about freedom of religion?

Only when it is abolished. Until then, we shall continue on our secular crusade to lyberate humynkynd from the tyrannical grip of the mental patriarchy that is religion.

Forum List

Back