Did These Guys Get Background Checks...before Killing 9 Year Old...

The law would in no way affect "the right of the people to keep and bear arms"; it would be targeted at the arms existing inside of this country, not people using them. The people remain free to keep and bear them as they wish, but the arms themselves are not free to be here.
Clearly, you;re tying to come up with the most absurd argument you can.
From what I've seen, the above is kinda mundane. Try harder.

I'm not sure if you knew this, but "hurr durr ur silly" is not a rebuttal. Making inane statements like that in response to a well thought out, highly intellectual post like mine does nothing but make your position seem weaker. If you truly believe I am wrong, I must ask you to put forward an actual rebuttal.

What, in your opinion, constitutes "what's necessary to remove all weapons from the citizenry"?[
To do this, you must eliminate knives, axes, chainsaws, baseball bats, lead pipes, candlesticks, hands, feet, teeth.... the list is nearly endless.
No one with any degree of sense wants to create a state that has the power, capacity and will to do this.

The law would in no way affect "the right of the people to keep and bear arms"; it would be targeted at the arms existing inside of this country, not people using them. The people remain free to keep and bear them as they wish, but the arms themselves are not free to be here.
I'm not sure if you knew this, but "hurr durr ur silly" is not a rebuttal.
:roll:
It is impossible to soundly argue that eliminating "arms" does not affect the exercise of the right to keep and bear arms.

What, in your opinion, constitutes "what's necessary to remove all weapons from the citizenry"?[
To do this, you must eliminate knives, axes, chainsaws, baseball bats, lead pipes, candlesticks, hands, feet, teeth.... the list is nearly endless.

I know. That only underscores why we need to get to work on it as soon as possible--literally anything can be a weapon, or turned into one, so we need to get rid of as many things as possible.

No one with any degree of sense wants to create a state that has the power, capacity and will to do this.

Really? No one with any degree of sense wants a world free from violence and crime?

You sound like a "fend-for-yourself" libertarian extremist. While you seem to love anarchy and chaos, civilized humyn byyngs do not. Order and peace are not the enemy.

I know. That only underscores why we need to get to work on it as soon as possible--literally anything can be a weapon, or turned into one, so we need to get rid of as many things as possible.

Really? No one with any degree of sense wants a world free from violence and crime?

You sound like a "fend-for-yourself" libertarian extremist. While you seem to love anarchy and chaos, civilized humyn byyngs do not. Order and peace are not the enemy.
I see.
Thank you for making it clear that there's no need for me to waste any more time on you.

exactly how does banning law abiding citizens from owning firearms stop criminals from having them?

You misunderstand. I don't want to do anything to law-abiding citizens, I want to ban guns. All weapons really, and as well as all weapon-like objects, or things that can potentially be used as a weapon. The motivation to use weapons will always be there--violence in manpigs is innate--so we must merely remove the opportunity to act upon their motives by banning all weapons from the United States. Only then can we know peace.
You can't keep criminals from getting them. That's the point.

Our "keep nukes away from criminals" program has a 100% success rate thus far and is going into its 70th year of complete success. I'd say that yes, we can keep criminals away from weapons--we just have to try hard enough, which is something the Wrongpublicans have absolutely refused to do in the past.
Yeah building a nuke is the same as buying a Saturday Night Special on the black market. You are an idiot.

I didn't say building, but that was a decent enough attempt at strawmanning.

You said that we can't keep criminals from getting guns. I pointed out that we have effectively kept criminals from getting nuclear weapons, and that if we just implemented the same type of strict control policies and took guns as seriously as we take nukes, we could indeed keep them away from criminals. Your response?

You are an idiot.

I think we've all learned something from this one-sided discussion: Rightwingers cannot engage in rational discourse, period. A sad realization, but an important one to make nonetheless.

What we have learned is the Leftytoon gun grabbers don't understand that building an AK47 is a lot easier than building a nuclear bomb.

You misunderstand. I don't want to do anything to law-abiding citizens, I want to ban guns. All weapons really, and as well as all weapon-like objects, or things that can potentially be used as a weapon. The motivation to use weapons will always be there--violence in manpigs is innate--so we must merely remove the opportunity to act upon their motives by banning all weapons from the United States. Only then can we know peace.
You can't keep criminals from getting them. That's the point.

Our "keep nukes away from criminals" program has a 100% success rate thus far and is going into its 70th year of complete success. I'd say that yes, we can keep criminals away from weapons--we just have to try hard enough, which is something the Wrongpublicans have absolutely refused to do in the past.
Yeah building a nuke is the same as buying a Saturday Night Special on the black market. You are an idiot.

I didn't say building, but that was a decent enough attempt at strawmanning.

You said that we can't keep criminals from getting guns. I pointed out that we have effectively kept criminals from getting nuclear weapons, and that if we just implemented the same type of strict control policies and took guns as seriously as we take nukes, we could indeed keep them away from criminals. Your response?

You are an idiot.

I think we've all learned something from this one-sided discussion: Rightwingers cannot engage in rational discourse, period. A sad realization, but an important one to make nonetheless.

What we have learned is the Leftytoon gun grabbers don't understand that building an AK47 is a lot easier than building a nuclear bomb.

lol yeah that's why I don't bother with them

Automatic no to new gun control laws and removing the old

I'm not sure if you knew this, but "hurr durr ur silly" is not a rebuttal. Making inane statements like that in response to a well thought out, highly intellectual post like mine does nothing but make your position seem weaker. If you truly believe I am wrong, I must ask you to put forward an actual rebuttal.

"The people remain free to keep and bear them as they wish, but the arms themselves are not free to be here."

That is one of the dumbest statements I've ever read.

Liberalism is truly a mental disorder and your statement provides ample proof.

Forum List

Back