Did Trump "flip-flop"...or is he masterful at manipulation?

BrokeLoser

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2016
MEXIFORNIA
Consider this...intelligent negotiators and effective manipulators would imply and or threat to take action against someone or something in an attempt to force concessions and change before ever actually taking X action. Pretty smart and an awfully effective method of manipulating relationships and just about any scenario. GOOD JOB PRESIDENT TRUMP!

Here's an example for the desperate simpletons who can't look past their nose.
John outs his wife publicly and says:
"I'm done with this marriage...I'm sick and tired of only having sex once a month."
John's wife gets word and low and behold they start having sex three times a week. If John doesn't leave his wife is he a "flip-flopper" OR is he simply brilliant?

Your President, Donald Trump publicly outs NATO and says:
"NATO is obsolete, we're done with NATO."
What do you know...NATO agrees to make changes and concessions to keep the U.S. committed to the alliance.

Now, I'm sure none of this sounds reasonable to many of you unreasonable types...but come on, a third grader would easily agree to the plausibility.

Consider this...intelligent negotiators and effective manipulators would imply and or threat to take action against someone or something in an attempt to force concessions and change before ever actually taking X action. Pretty smart and an awfully effective method of manipulating relationships and just about any scenario. GOOD JOB PRESIDENT TRUMP!

"I'm done with this marriage...I'm sick and tired of only having sex once a month."
John's wife gets word and low and behold they start having sex three times a week. If John doesn't leave his wife is he a "flip-flopper" OR is he simply brilliant?

What do you know...NATO agrees to make changes and concessions to keep the U.S. committed to the alliance.

Now, I'm sure none of this sounds reasonable to many of you unreasonable types...but come on, a third grader would easily agree to the plausibility.
And the first candidate pops up.

It seems pretty clear that we can't judge this guy by regular standards. Looking at the way things have gone on foreign policy, it does seem like he will do a lot of public posturing for effect, and then deal differently when face to face. If the argument is that this is how he negotiates, and it works, fine.

His political enemies are going to scream anyway. All I care about is results.

That's a fancy way of saying he's a liar .

Well, saying "That's a fancy way of saying he's a liar" is a NOT so fancy way of saying nothing I said sounds plausible. Third graders who apply basic logic and reason would call you foolish and self manipulated.

Exactly what changes did NATO make?

We aren't sure yet....most of us aren't stupid enough to believe that we're privy to ALL information within government. I'm just applying sensible logic without the emotion....like a third grader would.

We aren't sure yet....most of us aren't stupid enough to believe that we're privy to ALL information within government. I'm just applying sensible logic without the emotion....like a third grader would.
First you say that Trump changed his mind about NATO because of concessions they offered, but then you say that you aren't sure if there were any concessions. You want it both ways, genius?

But that's not what happened:

Trump said that NATO members weren't paying their fair share and he wanted to bill NATO. NATO said "Go fuck yourself Donnie. We've taken in millions of refugees created by US foreign policy, at an enormous cost to our nation, and the US takes in no one. We supported American folly in the Middle East, and backed you up in Iraq and Afghanistan for the past 16 years, at enormous cost of lives and taxpayers' money, to no good purpose". And NATO is now saying to Trump "You keep bombing the shit out of people and you're on your own". Suddenly Trump thinks NATO is a good idea.

I like how Trump is using a combination of intelligence and flexibility to get things accomplished.

First you say that Trump changed his mind about NATO because of concessions they offered, but then you say that you aren't sure if there were any concessions. You want it both ways, genius?

Stop and listen to yourself for just a second...let go of all the twisted emotion.
You will find that I've used the words "plausible" and "reasonable" in an attempt to get the unreasonable to consider a reasonable and plausible explanation as to why Trump would appear to, as you would call it "flip-flop" on issues.
Seem plausible? Haha

Trump said that NATO members weren't paying their fair share and he wanted to bill NATO. NATO said "Go fuck yourself Donnie. We've taken in millions of refugees created by US foreign policy, at an enormous cost to our nation, and the US takes in no one. We supported American folly in the Middle East, and backed you up in Iraq and Afghanistan for the past 16 years, at enormous cost of lives and taxpayers' money, to no good purpose". And NATO is now saying to Trump "You keep bombing the shit out of people and you're on your own". Suddenly Trump thinks NATO is a good idea.

A link to NATO saying the things you've alleged?

NATO needs the US more than the US needs NATO, Nobody forced them to take in refugees and they need to pay their share. NATO thinks of the US as a welfare program. Fuckum.

This is all I found in your links...Does this support the claims you made? Or are you making my point for me?

"During his campaign, Trump called the coalition “obsolete,” and in July he told the New York Times that the U.S. would only defend NATO allies if they “have fulfilled their obligations to us” -- a criticism of low military spending by fellow members. The only time NATO has invoked the so-called collective defense clause was to aid the U.S. after the Sept. 11 attacks.

While ministers won’t get a clear idea about the U.S. president-elect’s foreign-policy strategy at the meeting, they may agree on a plan to try to assuage Trump’s doubts about the alliance. That may come in the form of further commitments to increase defense spending and a pledge for the alliance to take on a stronger role in tackling terrorism.

“It’s very important that everyone put their money where their mouth is and steps up,” U.K. Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson said.

Only four of the European Union’s 23 NATO countries have met their pledge to spend at least 2 percent of gross domestic product on defense, according to the organization’s figures, with the U.S. contributing more than 70 percent of the alliance’s overall defense expenditure.

“We must spend more, but military strength is not everything,” said German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier
."

NATO needs the US more than the US needs NATO, Nobody forced them to take in refugees and they need to pay their share. NATO thinks of the US as a welfare program. Fuckum.

BINGO....exactly, so what 'story' would seem more plausible?
How is this so simple for you and I Hoss?

And the first candidate pops up.

Candidate?

We take in a million people a year. Pay attention.

At Enron, there was an accounting technique called "mark to market". Where the CFO would make up future profits out of thin air. So the CFO told investors that they were always making money every quarter.

The RW has decided to count future possible wins and count them as wins today despite shit happening. So when they say jobs are coming back...or NATO made changes they don't know. But they count it anyway.

Forum List

Back