Did you go to public school?

Public education with several graduate degrees and post-graduate education.

The motivation for most on the board who malign public education is generated either from malignance, mentally feebleness, or ignorance.

Several, including Contumacious and bripat, are motivated by all three causes.

You're motivated by senility and communism.

BTW, claiming you have "post graduate education" when you've already said you have graduate degrees would be redundant. That makes me believe that all you have is a trade school course in lying and bullshit.

Last edited:
I went to an inner city public school. Back then it was about 60/40 white/black. Who by and large lived in peace even though it was through the race riots in the 60s.

I remember sitting in school the day Kenndy was shot and wondered why some of the kids were laughing. Remember it like it was yesterday.

We started every day with prayer, up to high school, and I didn't see one kid burst into flames for doing so.

We also learned to duck and tuck.

I would say that the education you got then was as good as one wanted it to be. I took the acedemic classes and worked at them as much as it took to pass. Thankfully I did so because it served me well, and still is today. After HS I went into the nuclear Navy and learned my trade.

i didn't meet a black person until i got to college

I laugh to myself everytime a liberal implies I am a racist because I am a conservative. It is just too funny.

I went to an inner city public school. Back then it was about 60/40 white/black. Who by and large lived in peace even though it was through the race riots in the 60s.

I remember sitting in school the day Kenndy was shot and wondered why some of the kids were laughing. Remember it like it was yesterday.

We started every day with prayer, up to high school, and I didn't see one kid burst into flames for doing so.

We also learned to duck and tuck.

I would say that the education you got then was as good as one wanted it to be. I took the acedemic classes and worked at them as much as it took to pass. Thankfully I did so because it served me well, and still is today. After HS I went into the nuclear Navy and learned my trade.

i didn't meet a black person until i got to college

I laugh to myself everytime a liberal implies I am a racist because I am a conservative. It is just too funny.

you probably hate gays, want to force your religion on everyone and live in a doomsday bunker too lol

Ever notice how everyones personal experience is ok...but don't understand how kids of the next generation fail because "it's so easy now".

Just an observation. Oh, I graduated in 1995. The age differences here are...well...Interesting.

The motivation for most on the board who malign public education is generated either from malignance, mentally feebleness, or ignorance.

You're motivated by senility and communism. BTW, claiming you have "post graduate education" when you've already said you have graduate degrees would be redundant. That makes me believe that all you have is a trade school course in lying and bullshit.
The twelve post-graduate courses happened after the graduate degrees. You pose as something you are not: intelligent and educated. You have no idea what is communism, and those of us who love our country have no trouble exposing you and your failed libertarianism.

You're motivated by senility and communism. BTW, claiming you have "post graduate education" when you've already said you have graduate degrees would be redundant. That makes me believe that all you have is a trade school course in lying and bullshit.
The twelve post-graduate courses happened after the graduate degrees. You pose as something you are not: intelligent and educated. You have no idea what is communism, and those of us who love our country have no trouble exposing you and your failed libertarianism.

Unlike you, I don't pose as anything, Fakey. I certainly don't "pose" as a Republican as you do.

I'm the one who doesn't understand what communism is, but you're the one who got caught posting propaganda published by the official organs of the communist government of Cuba, and you tried to claim it was "credible."

How could anyone who loves his country hold up Cuba as an example to emulate?

You are not much of anything, bripat.

No, you do not understand communism, but you don't hesitate to use it. I was the one who exposed you posting its propaganda from WHO. That was the only source you used. Whereas, and you need to learn from me, I use sources from libertarian and reactionary to leftists sources.

You were lying as usual, and I booted your ass up between your ears.

It seems that most in this thread went to public schools, if not all the way through then at least for a good part of the time. Most can write legibly and make themselves understood, even those with such extreme bigotries. As products of the public schools, they seem to validate public education.

But, most also seem to be fairly old, like me, and afflicted with the common Old Farts Disease which somehow produces "this younger generation is going to hell" kind of comments.

I wonder...how many of you so SUUURE that public schools are super bad have been in one lately? How many of you have kids or grandkids in public schools right now? If you do, how are they doing? Are the learning to read, do math, use computers?

Mine are. No, their schools aren't perfect, but they're learning what they need to learn in a safe and supportive environment. I just had lunch with two of mine at school the other day and I saw the same thing I see every time I go: Good teachers, concerned teachers, excellent staff, clean facilities, adequate equipment and reasonably good food in the cafeteria. I see students of all colors, from all backgrounds, from all ethnicities, repeating the Pledge of Allegiance every morning (in English). They know the National Anthem and they know who George Washington and Abe Lincoln are. They can write, they can think, they do research and make reports. And, NONE of them are any farther along than the 5th grade.

The public schools are not failing my grandkids, any more than it failed my kids or me.

What's different about YOUR local schools? Or, have you actually been down there to see?

This thread, just the most recent bashing public education, led me to ask this question of all the respondents here.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...-public-school-is-borderline-child-abuse.html

Did you go to public school?

I did, for all 12 years in Texas and Oklahoma. And, a public university too.

I don't think I missed very much and, in fact, believe I got a fine education.

What about y'all?

Yes, I went to public school. I was a voracious reader and felt I got an education in spite of our schools, not because of them. My parents had the Harvard Classics at home. I learned a lot from them.

It seems that most in this thread went to public schools, if not all the way through then at least for a good part of the time. Most can write legibly and make themselves understood, even those with such extreme bigotries. As products of the public schools, they seem to validate public education.

But, most also seem to be fairly old, like me, and afflicted with the common Old Farts Disease which somehow produces "this younger generation is going to hell" kind of comments.

I wonder...how many of you so SUUURE that public schools are super bad have been in one lately? How many of you have kids or grandkids in public schools right now? If you do, how are they doing? Are the learning to read, do math, use computers?

Mine are. No, their schools aren't perfect, but they're learning what they need to learn in a safe and supportive environment. I just had lunch with two of mine at school the other day and I saw the same thing I see every time I go: Good teachers, concerned teachers, excellent staff, clean facilities, adequate equipment and reasonably good food in the cafeteria. I see students of all colors, from all backgrounds, from all ethnicities, repeating the Pledge of Allegiance every morning (in English). They know the National Anthem and they know who George Washington and Abe Lincoln are. They can write, they can think, they do research and make reports. And, NONE of them are any farther along than the 5th grade.

The public schools are not failing my grandkids, any more than it failed my kids or me.

What's different about YOUR local schools? Or, have you actually been down there to see?

he went to public schools

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEVxfSHfQY0]kenneth keith kallenbach - YouTube[/ame]

Againsheila has made an excellent point.

Public education can do its job, but nothing supplants the wonderful influence of parents committed to their children's education.

If all of the parents did what they were supposed to at home to support education, NYC and New Orleans would have the best students in the United States.

Yes.

My high school offered vocational courses, partnered with the local public college, that were two hour-long classes. (Architectural Drafting for me)
:thup:

Our school system had their own Votech school, people from all the high schools went there.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEVxfSHfQY0]kenneth keith kallenbach - YouTube[/ame]

And........?

And........?

like that needs any explaination

You are not much of anything, bripat.

No, you do not understand communism, but you don't hesitate to use it. I was the one who exposed you posting its propaganda from WHO. That was the only source you used. Whereas, and you need to learn from me, I use sources from libertarian and reactionary to leftists sources.

You were lying as usual, and I booted your ass up between your ears.

Fakey, you're such a lying piece of crap. You desperately tried to claim you weren't posting propaganda from communist sources when I proved that your source was two official organs of the communist government of Cuba.

I used the WHO for a reference, because that is what left-wing turds like you like to quote ad nauseum. I didn't quote it because I'm enthralled with the WHO.

You also did not quote any libertarian source. You cited a blog by two high school teachers who were extolling the virtues of Cuba and were probably communists themselves, plus you cited the actual communist propaganda organs.

Forum List

Back